Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
134 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 134

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City Parking Authority inspector charged in scuffle
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/18 18:17
Group:
Banned
Quote:

heights wrote:
... the J.C. Parking Authority was giving civilian cars owned by J.C. Police officers parking tickets ... the cops started issuing tickets galore to the parking authority agents ... for every little infraction. It became a tit for tat situation; I guess this story just adds to another civil war amongst us all.

In other words, they treat each other the way they treat the people of Jersey City.

Sounds fair to me!

Posted on: 2009/7/7 23:00

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/30 17:43
Group:
Registered Users
No doubt that this joker is related to someone. I am sure he will be suspended with pay for several weeks and then once the storm blows over quietly be re-instated. Just another example of how the government in this city does not serve the interests of the citizens. Instead government in this city serves the interests of a small clique with the right connections.

Posted on: 2009/7/7 21:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
I remember some years back when the J.C. Parking Authority was giving civilian cars owned by J.C. Police officers parking tickets, these cars were parked in the vicinity of the 6th prescient / the North District along Hutton & Central up in the Heights. When one of the officers tried to talk to the P.A. they just shrugged their shoulders. At that point the cops started issuing tickets galore to the parking authority agents driving those 3 wheel scooter vehicles for every little infraction. It became a tit for tat situation; I guess this story just adds to another civil war amongst us all.

Posted on: 2009/7/7 18:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder if this is the guy who drives around in the White JCPA Chevy Astro Van..

Posted on: 2009/7/7 18:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not sure, but another article said the guy was on duty at the time. What a dope.

Posted on: 2009/7/7 18:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
Manzo, eh? Any relation?

Posted on: 2009/7/7 14:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/3 0:37
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

alanwright wrote:

------------

Jersey City Parking Authority inspector charged in scuffle with cop outside MVC office
by The Jersey Journal
Tuesday July 07, 2009, 9:35 AM

A Jersey City Parking Authority inspector who wanted a Motor Vehicle Commission office to open early just for him got into a scuffle with a police officer and was arrested Monday morning, police said.

I would have payed to see this worthless skite get a taste of his own medicine after waiting 30 mins. outside the PA office on Central when I was booted years ago (my Zone 3 permit had expired the day before). The papers they left on my car stated I could pay the fine and have the boot removed beginning at 8:30AM - of course the PA office doesn't open until 9 so I had to sit outside and watch the workers eat donuts and kibitz for 30 mins. before letting me in.

Posted on: 2009/7/7 14:08

Jersey City Parking Authority inspector charged in scuffle
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
This story is great. Well... except that the cop got hurt. That's no good.

It's just another piece of anecdotal evidence that the JCPA is staffed with sociopaths, tyrants, miscreants, and misanthropes.

It's not just that they double-park down in Paulus Hook when they're fishing. They've also fleeced downtown as they exceeded their authority with those boots. I'm sure there are bigger problems than both: leadership problems. Ordinance problems. Maybe dismantle them and re-commission them under a new aegis?

If there's any relation to the political Manzos, like Lou, the story gets an extra bump for its perfect storm of absurdity. The idea that a schmoe from the local parking authority is pissed about state MVC is making his life inconvenient. Just great.

I also like the second to last paragraph, as some of you could probably guess: the cop handled the fighting and a civilian grabbed the keys. Ok, ok, it's totally different this time... and I still wasn't there to make my assessment of "what I would do." :D

But, I was supposed to go to the DMV early this morning but I changed my plan. I regret I missed the fun.

------------

Jersey City Parking Authority inspector charged in scuffle with cop outside MVC office
by The Jersey Journal
Tuesday July 07, 2009, 9:35 AM

A Jersey City Parking Authority inspector who wanted a Motor Vehicle Commission office to open early just for him got into a scuffle with a police officer and was arrested Monday morning, police said.

Raymond J. Manzo, 35, of Winfield Avenue, was charged with aggravated assault on a police officer, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct, police said. Police Officer Alexander Rivers injured his right eye and was treated at Christ Hospital.

Manzo has been suspended from his position, police said. Parking Authority Director Mary Spinello was not available for comment this morning.

Manzo arrived at the MVC office on at 438 Summit Ave. at 8:15 a.m. and became agitated when he was told by Rivera, who was working an off-duty detail at the building that he'd have to wait until the office opened, a police report said.

As he was leaving, Manzo yelled to Rivera that his police car was illegally parked and Rivera had better move it before it got towed, because Manzo worked for the city Parking Authority, according to the police report.

Manzo then got into his car, which had been parked behind the police vehicle, and parked it illegally at the intersection of Summit and Sip avenues, police said, adding that Manzo then refused to move his car and then dared Rivera to arrest him.

When Rivera attempted to arrest him, Manzo resisted and the two wrestled briefly, the report said, before Manzo attempted to get into his car and leave. It was then that an MVC worker came to Rivera's aid and pulled the keys out of the ignition of Manzo's car.

Backup units arrived and Manzo was then arrested.

Posted on: 2009/7/7 14:01

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017