Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
134 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 134

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Accident on 8th and Monmouth
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
This bozo is cycling through the system, plowing through everything else.

See the first line of page 237 on this PDF.
http://www.massapequanews.com/images/Archive_of_Crime_2007.pdf

It's time for Judge Whomever to put a stop to this dope before things get worse. Booze. Coke. Pot. Needles. (Steroids? Heroin? Insulin?)

Posted on: 2009/7/7 13:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/14 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

super_furry wrote:
Update: Car crashes into electric pole causing blackout
by Paul Takahashi/ Jersey Journal
Monday July 06, 2009, 4:41 PM

Lindenhurst, NY, man, who allegedly told police he was using cocaine for two days, was arrested on drug and DUI charges after he crashed into a parked car, a telephone pole and then the front of a house in Jersey City Sunday night, reports said.

The accident happened at 11:31 p.m. on July 5, at the intersection of Monmouth Street and Eighth Street. Douglas Tator, 28, was driving a Ford Escape when he jumped the curb, hit a parked Toyota Prius and split a telephone pole, ultimately crashing into the porch and railing fence of a house located at 491 Monmouth St, reports said.

The impact sent a 20-foot piece of the telephone pole 50 feet down the street, hitting a second parked vehicle, a Hyundai. A transformer from the pole also fell through the front windshield of the first parked vehicle, reports said.

Tator was arrested and given a blood test after hypodermic needles, a marijuana pipe and a bag of marijuana were found in his car, reports said. He was treated at Jersey City Medical Center for his injuries, reports said. No other injuries were reported.

According to a PSE&G spokeswoman, one house lost power as a result of the accident. Power was restored to the resident by Monday, she said.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _crashes_into_electr.html

See? Not drunk!

Posted on: 2009/7/7 12:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Update: Car crashes into electric pole causing blackout
by Paul Takahashi/ Jersey Journal
Monday July 06, 2009, 4:41 PM

Lindenhurst, NY, man, who allegedly told police he was using cocaine for two days, was arrested on drug and DUI charges after he crashed into a parked car, a telephone pole and then the front of a house in Jersey City Sunday night, reports said.

The accident happened at 11:31 p.m. on July 5, at the intersection of Monmouth Street and Eighth Street. Douglas Tator, 28, was driving a Ford Escape when he jumped the curb, hit a parked Toyota Prius and split a telephone pole, ultimately crashing into the porch and railing fence of a house located at 491 Monmouth St, reports said.

The impact sent a 20-foot piece of the telephone pole 50 feet down the street, hitting a second parked vehicle, a Hyundai. A transformer from the pole also fell through the front windshield of the first parked vehicle, reports said.

Tator was arrested and given a blood test after hypodermic needles, a marijuana pipe and a bag of marijuana were found in his car, reports said. He was treated at Jersey City Medical Center for his injuries, reports said. No other injuries were reported.

According to a PSE&G spokeswoman, one house lost power as a result of the accident. Power was restored to the resident by Monday, she said.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _crashes_into_electr.html

Posted on: 2009/7/7 3:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/7 14:54
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GeorgeWBush wrote:
As was mentioned earlier, that's a brutal intersection. I'd not be so quick to jump on the guy that ran into that fence (again....at least the 3rd time that's happened in 2 years).

Don't jump on him? He went THROUGH two trees, a utility pole and then took out an entire iron fence. Waaay too fast for the side streets around here especially since you're correct about cars parking on the corners.

You go that fast on these streets and you deserve a good crack to the head before you kill someone.

Posted on: 2009/7/6 17:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/14 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
As was mentioned earlier, that's a brutal intersection. I'd not be so quick to jump on the guy that ran into that fence (again....at least the 3rd time that's happened in 2 years).

That corner is tough because there is almost always a car parked on the corner on the east side, obstructing the view of traffic heading down Monmouth. It almost always seems to be an SUV, and it's almost always right up to the intersection.

Folks coming up 8th have to creep-creep-creep out to see if there is any oncoming traffic. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a car doing just that, which spooked the driver heading down monmouth, who jerked the wheel left.

You have to be pretty bombed to just drive off the road like that. In past accidents at that spot, there's always been another car involved.

Not surprising that witnesses said he was speeding, but I bet a car looking to cross Monmouth was a factor.

The last several I've seen were almost the exact same result, except they included a car blowing the sign on Monmouth completely and ending up quite involved indeed.

If there is a "solution" that involves municipal authorities, the most obvious one to try is enforcing rules regarding parking within so many feet of an intersection, especially vans or SUV's with tinted windows.

The same situation exists coming the other way on Brunswick, and also at the corner of Jersey & 8th. Hit-hard & hope.

Posted on: 2009/7/6 15:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

SamS wrote:
There are frequently accidents on this corner because people speed up Monmouth and the house on the north west corner of 8th and Monmouth has had a few cars fly into it. Monmouth needs more stop signs and the direction of the traffic should stagger every few blocks to slow up traffic.

Sam, clearly the guy didn't stop at the sign at 7th, what good would more signs have done? I'm a fan of safe driving, but there's got to be a solution short of of making our neighborhood impassable even for it's residents. You don't use your car regularly, but we're driving my kids to school every day and up Monmouth to Hoboken or the Lackawanna for lessons 4 times a week. What you propose would make people like me miserable.

I've always liked the idea of traffic cameras. There are ones that issue speeding tickets. A $200 fine (but no points due to legal issues, making it like a parking ticket) would wake anyone up to the fact that speeding is not tolerated here. Plus they work 24/7 and don't need donuts.

Posted on: 2009/7/6 15:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/16 4:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

alanwright wrote:

Anyway, I feel like there's a bar nearby that everyone hates. The name escapes me... the sign says one name, but the patrons all call it something else. I'm not trying to blame that establishment, because we don't know all the facts... but the proximity is just amazing.

Wow- jump to conclusions much?

Posted on: 2009/7/6 14:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 20:09
Group:
Banned
There are frequently accidents on this corner because people speed up Monmouth and the house on the north west corner of 8th and Monmouth has had a few cars fly into it. Monmouth needs more stop signs and the direction of the traffic should stagger every few blocks to slow up traffic.

Posted on: 2009/7/6 11:50

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/11 16:32
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Here is another video from the accident....

Posted on: 2009/7/6 6:07

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/10 22:33
From not far off the beaten PATH
Group:
Registered Users
I was watching a movie on my laptop when I heard the crash, then all the lights went out. I feel sorry for whoever owns the Prius that the transformer crashed into. This guy had to be drunk. Not only did he run over a metal barrier (block party on the 4th), but he took out the bottom half of the pole and crashed into my neighbor's front gate so hard the firefighters had to cut the gate to get the car out. A HUGE thanks to PSEG who restored power in less than two hours!!

Posted on: 2009/7/6 5:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
This sounds like the assassination attempt on the diplomat Jack Ryan was protecting in "Clear and Present Danger." Did you notice any Uzi-toting assassins on dirt bikes or bad guys on rooftops with shoulder-fired rockets?

I would SO prefer that to having another drunk driver racing through "our fair city."

Anyway, I feel like there's a bar nearby that everyone hates. The name escapes me... the sign says one name, but the patrons all call it something else. I'm not trying to blame that establishment, because we don't know all the facts... but the proximity is just amazing.

Posted on: 2009/7/6 5:33

Accident on 8th and Monmouth
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/11 16:32
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Crazy accident around 11:15pmon corner of 8th and Monmouth. Sounded like gun shots but it was actually a someone driving a black SUV on the sidewalk (west side of Monmouth). Took out a tree, utility pole, and is stuck between a house and a tree. Just cut the tree down. According to people who witnessed it, car was driving very fast which can easily be verified by all the damage done to property including a car that had a transformer go through its windshield. Picture quality is a bit bad since all lights on the block are out and there is a lot of reflections coming from the 10 firetrucks. Movies will be posted soon. Resized Image Resized Image Resized Image Resized Image Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/7/6 5:15

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017