Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Read before you rent at 56 Jordan Avenue, Jersey City

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/30 21:23
Group:
Registered Users
crazy. He had a great tenant. I was hardly ever there and when I was I was sleeping

Posted on: 2009/4/6 23:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
Very Funny wibbit

I dont get bent out of shape over little things like that. Also no tenant would ever move into one of my units without the lease in their possesion.

The guy does sound like a nut

Posted on: 2009/4/6 23:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
it was just a mess that i unfortunately walked away from. we had one non paying roommate so i got stuck with 2/3 of the rent for 2 months, any time we showed the extra room to someone the superintendent complained about them "slamming" the downstairs door. we were right next to a light rail station in belleville and had a lot of wind on our end of the block because of the open space. the stairs were old and noisy. the apartment didn't come with a fridge which is why i never actually moved in. in the 3rd month nobody covered the 3rd roommates rent, and on the 4th month a new person had moved in and paid the rent. another time i showed up, i found out the new roommate had a friend who was renting my bedroom! the landlord got 3/3 rent in the last month and roommate #1 decides to pack his bags and disappear, so we lost the security deposit. i'm much happier in journal square anyway. i had to scrape up money fast to move in here, but damn was it worth it! this place didn't come with a fridge but i was able to pick one up in the heights and transported it with a van. my landlord now is cool as hell and a really great guy and there are no issues at all in our unit. we had a problem with there being only one mailbox for the entire building and my roommate's mail not showing up (her husband is in marine boot camp and sends her multiple letters every day and her netflix dvds were mysteriously not making it in the mail) so the landlord put up separate boxes and we bought stick on letters so the names are reflective and legible. now we get all of our mail, including the netflix. my next tackle is finding a parking spot with security.

Quote:

heights wrote:

I'm sure it didn't end there. You did retain a lawyer and also fought for the return of your security deposit. And if you did not recieve a reciept for the deposit the you are entitled to treble damages which means triple the amont of the security deposit. I would be glad to drop a dime for anyone who is contending with any wrong doing that should be corrected. Tickets can be written.

Posted on: 2009/4/5 8:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
He may have been over the top, but I'm sympathetic about the Comcast crap. They act like someone has given them carte blanche to trespass anywhere, drill holes anywhere in people buildings without permission and string their crap wherever they damn well please. Give me another decade of property ownership and it'll be me out there raving and cursing.

Last spring one climbed over my back fence to take MY ladder, and attach cable from the box on MY building to serve the neighbor's back house, with that cable hanging illegally low, barely 7 feet high, and in front of my new big kitchen window. He didn't even return the ladder where he found it. I've tried working the channels to get it removed. I think my snips come out soon.

A more recent petty one was that they strung black cable all through a tenant's white apartment. C'mon, how malignantly "we don't give crap" can you get?

That landlord is a pathetic creep, and cursing at any utility worker is counter productive in the long run.

Some Comcast cable guys are pretty shoddy and rude. During a home renovation while I was supervising a construction crew, a comcast cable guy drilled right through 150 year old bricks that I had cleaned and repointed in the front of a home. He also attempted to affix an all-weather cable junction box to the front of the home below a first floor window. I freaked out and the guy continued working and ignoring me until turned off the power in the home. I kicked him off the site and repaired the damage.

Good news: the next guy who came ran the line to the rear of the home and hid the cables very well. He said that cable guys are rushed to do as many jobs as they can during the day, so they run lines quickly. He was cordial, but had I not been there, I am not sure if the lines would have been hidden.

There are a lot of apartments out there for rent, so don't settle.

Posted on: 2009/4/5 4:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

croft wrote:
Sorry you had this experience. I had a similar experience when I moved to Belleville, only with the superintendent being a nosey and annoying neighbor, telling us what we could and couldn't do, while breeding pit bulls and cichlids in the basement. We couldn't have a dog bigger than a teacup Yorkie apparently. We couldn't even walk down the hallway stairs at certain times of night (I worked nights) because he would call and complain. He also let the landlord in unannounced 2 weeks into our lease (I hadn't even moved in yet) to take pictures while nobody was home. They claimed we damaged the cheap wood floors (polyeurothane covered!) when we didn't even have a single piece of furniture in the place at the time. Needless to say, I got out of there within a month or two. I paid 2 months rent and a security deposit and never even moved in because of the headache. When I went back to return my keys and take the little box of things I brought there, apparently my old roommate rented out the spare room, never told anyone, and the new girl wanted to have a fist fight with me. This was of course after my PS2, Nintendo DS, a bottle of perfume a friend bought me, and a guitar hero controller were missing from it. I lost my security deposit, and apparently the old landlord was looking to garnish me? Kiss my ass!

I'm sure it didn't end there. You did retain a lawyer and also fought for the return of your security deposit. And if you did not recieve a reciept for the deposit the you are entitled to treble damages which means triple the amont of the security deposit. I would be glad to drop a dime for anyone who is contending with any wrong doing that should be corrected. Tickets can be written.

Posted on: 2009/4/5 3:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
He may have been over the top, but I'm sympathetic about the Comcast crap. They act like someone has given them carte blanche to trespass anywhere, drill holes anywhere in people buildings without permission and string their crap wherever they damn well please. Give me another decade of property ownership and it'll be me out there raving and cursing.

Last spring one climbed over my back fence to take MY ladder, and attach cable from the box on MY building to serve the neighbor's back house, with that cable hanging illegally low, barely 7 feet high, and in front of my new big kitchen window. He didn't even return the ladder where he found it. I've tried working the channels to get it removed. I think my snips come out soon.

A more recent petty one was that they strung black cable all through a tenant's white apartment. C'mon, how malignantly "we don't give crap" can you get?

Posted on: 2009/4/5 3:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry you had this experience. I had a similar experience when I moved to Belleville, only with the superintendent being a nosey and annoying neighbor, telling us what we could and couldn't do, while breeding pit bulls and cichlids in the basement. We couldn't have a dog bigger than a teacup Yorkie apparently. We couldn't even walk down the hallway stairs at certain times of night (I worked nights) because he would call and complain. He also let the landlord in unannounced 2 weeks into our lease (I hadn't even moved in yet) to take pictures while nobody was home. They claimed we damaged the cheap wood floors (polyeurothane covered!) when we didn't even have a single piece of furniture in the place at the time. Needless to say, I got out of there within a month or two. I paid 2 months rent and a security deposit and never even moved in because of the headache. When I went back to return my keys and take the little box of things I brought there, apparently my old roommate rented out the spare room, never told anyone, and the new girl wanted to have a fist fight with me. This was of course after my PS2, Nintendo DS, a bottle of perfume a friend bought me, and a guitar hero controller were missing from it. I lost my security deposit, and apparently the old landlord was looking to garnish me? Kiss my ass!

Posted on: 2009/4/5 3:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

wibbit wrote:
newheights, calm down and give poor mcginleysqartist his deposit back

aaaaaand we have a winner

Posted on: 2009/4/5 0:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

alek8 wrote:
Quote:

wibbit wrote:

Resized Image

Nice!

Posted on: 2009/4/4 19:47

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/10/26 17:52
From the best stuff on earth
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

wibbit wrote:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/4/4 16:18
My signature will be a funny quote and/or observation.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2009/4/4 16:00

Read before you rent at 56 Jordan Avenue, Jersey City

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/30 21:23
Group:
Registered Users
I moved to 56 Jordan (at Mercer) in Jersey City in December 2008. It seemed the landlord was a congenial eccentric man. I went to sign the lease a week before I was to move in and he told me he had had a horrible migraine and wasn't able to get the lease from the lawyer. At the time it seemed like a legitimate reason. I moved in without the lease.

The day after I moved in I was to have cable installed. That is when I first experienced his disturbing behavior. He went into a fit of rage when the cable guy said that wires would have to be run along the building. He created such a scene that within 10 minutes 2 more ComCast vehicles arrived on the scene. The cable people tried to explain to him that he should have had the wires installed when he was renovating the building if he wanted them hidden. The landlord just kept calling them foul names and telling them they did not know what they were doing. It took 2 weeks to get cable. He had a similar scene when VERIZON came to the building to install a phone.

At this point I was glad I had not signed a lease. I did my best to avoid contact with him. He occupied one of the apartments in the building. I was his only tenant. The other 2 apartments were empty and still are as far as I know.

Long story short, I moved out because his rage turned on me. He made all kinds of accusations none of which were true. I received disturbing letters that I will make available to anyone who wants to see them. The letters themselves reveal his disturbing personality. I was served an eviction notice after I moved out and have to show up in court on 4/15 which just adds to the craziness of it all. Also, I am sure I will have to take him to small claims court to get my deposit back.

If you are thinking of renting an apartment in that building feel free to contact me.

Posted on: 2009/4/4 13:33

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017