Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Heights: Healy son sprints to grab and hold suspect for cops
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
i grew up with healy's youngest son, patrick, and his youngest daughter. from what i have experienced, all of his kids are very hard working.

Posted on: 2009/1/1 19:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I stand corrected - It was the fire chief's nephew that initially failed his psycho test, but via a new policy by cityhall / fire dept (aka Healy admin), the nephew re-sat the test with another psycho and passed.

I'm all for ass-wipes being caught and individuals being praised, but I find it had to swallow how the Healy clan are portrayed as the ninja turtles of jersey city!

Posted on: 2009/1/1 0:26
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users
If this guy pleaded guilty to a weapons charge, what is he doing out on the street?? I guess he feels that stealing a bike is OK as long as no weapon is involved. Another great product out of Montgomery Gardens.

Posted on: 2009/1/1 0:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Are you suggesting that Healy Jr did pass his psycho test to join the fire dept pinko?
Yes!
Quote:

I hope it wasn't a case of nepotism that got you your current gig too!
Come on FAB.....me? Have you noticed my last name??

Posted on: 2008/12/31 23:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Are you suggesting that Healy Jr did pass his psycho test to join the fire dept pinko?

I hope it wasn't a case of nepotism that got you your current gig too!

Posted on: 2008/12/31 22:28
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Isn't this the same 'Healy' son that failed the psycho exam to join the fire department, but his failure was over-looked?

It wouldn't surprise me if Healy Jr baited the ass-wipe to steal his bike and just waited to pounce.

Siht, I know exactly where to leave a bike on my property for an ass-wipe to come and steal it.

Dislike the Mayor...that's your choice, but you seriously need to give it a rest when it comes to his sons. Quit posting crap just for the sake of posting....you pulled the same line on this thread too.

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... id=150421#forumpost150421

Both sons are nice, hardworking men....congrats Jerry for getting another piece of dirt off our streets!

Posted on: 2008/12/31 22:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Isn't this the same 'Healy' son that failed the psycho exam to join the fire department, but his failure was over-looked?

It wouldn't surprise me if Healy Jr baited the ass-wipe to steal his bike and just waited to pounce.

Siht, I know exactly where to leave a bike on my property for an ass-wipe to come and steal it.

Posted on: 2008/12/31 22:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Didnt you write it?

Posted on: 2008/12/31 21:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
I think this article is very confusing.

Posted on: 2008/12/31 19:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

devbeep wrote:
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:

Healy downplayed the incident, but said he was glad he was the target of the alleged thief. "I'd rather it was me than someone else because this way he winds up locked up," Healy said.

What the hell does THAT mean? Somehow he thinks that because he's the mayor's son the thief is going to be subject to harsher punishment? Stay classy, Jr.

I commend him but I still have a 7 to 1 lead of perps caught and prosecuted. No newspaper article for me?

Posted on: 2008/12/31 19:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/5 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:

Healy downplayed the incident, but said he was glad he was the target of the alleged thief. "I'd rather it was me than someone else because this way he winds up locked up," Healy said.

What the hell does THAT mean? Somehow he thinks that because he's the mayor's son the thief is going to be subject to harsher punishment? Stay classy, Jr.

Posted on: 2008/12/31 19:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
"An 8-year-old would have been able to get away from this guy's punch," said Healy. "I told him in the holding cell that if he knew how to punch he would have gotten away."

I am glad he caught this guy but what's with the macho posturing? Go to prison son and work out and when you're back out on the streets you can be ready to be exceptionally violent?

Posted on: 2008/12/31 19:18

Heights: Healy son sprints to grab and hold suspect for cops
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Healy son sprints to grab and hold suspect for cops

Wednesday, December 31, 2008
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

One of Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah T. Healy's sons chased down a teenager he said he'd noticed stealing his bicycle from the yard of his Heights home and held him until police arrived.

With the help of Jersey City Firefighter Jeremiah S. Healy, police yesterday arrested Dashawn Glaster, 19, of the Montgomery Gardens housing complex, and charged him with theft and robbery.

Glaster was free on $50,000 bail after having pleaded guilty on Dec. 8 to a weapons offense involving a firearm, officials said. Glaster is scheduled to be sentenced on that charge on Feb. 6.

"His police training was utilized in this event where he was able to chase the individual, apprehend him and hold him until police arrived," Jersey City Police Chief Tom Comey and Police Director Sam Jefferson said in a statement.

"He used minimal force and did an outstanding job in taking a suspected burglar off the streets."

At 9 a.m., the 32-year-old firefighter returned to his Lineau Place home after finishing a 24-hour shift at the firehouse on Kearney Avenue. He spent some time with his 21/2-week-old daughter, Maureen, and was reading The Jersey Journal when he heard something in the alley.

Peering down from a window of his second-floor apartment he saw Glaster heading to the street with his bicycle, reports said.

"My immediate reaction was that I'm going to catch this SOB, and I went out there in my bare feet," Healy said.

The firefighter ran from the building and chased the suspect onto Waverly Street, where Glaster got off the bike and took a swing at him, but Healy subdued him, reports said.

Healy pinned Glaster against the trunk of a car and held him until police arrived and took him into custody. Healy said several people drove by without stopping, but he finally got someone to call police.

Healy is a former Jersey City police officer and he boxes for the Jersey City Fire Department's boxing team.

"An 8-year-old would have been able to get away from this guy's punch," said Healy. "I told him in the holding cell that if he knew how to punch he would have gotten away."

Posted on: 2008/12/31 13:52

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017