Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
156 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 156

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Failure to Appear Notice
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/12 23:34
Group:
Banned
If you don't pay this ticket, you will get another notice with yet another $10 fee added, making the ticket $62. If you don't pay that, then you will get one more notice that revokes your license. Trust me, I know. So if you don't pay the $62, and continue to drive, you will be driving with a suspended license. Then the ticket becomes $80+ and the license reinstatement fee is $100. So my advice is to pay the ticket. Also, if you get the license revoked notice, and don't pay to have your license reinstated (and you own a motor vehicle), you will then get a notice from DMV which will revoke all your registrations. Proceed at your own risk!

Also, fwiw this is not a Parking Authority issue. Mind you I hate them more than anything else. Especially in the summer when the kids are out of school, they just take the tickets off the windshields as a "fun game."

Posted on: 2008/7/19 19:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/19 21:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

gueren wrote:
Quote:

The Parking Authority must have a ton of no show-patronage jobs to support, I wonder if there is any way to find out who is on the payroll.

See: http://www.jcparking.org/contact%20info.htm

Better yet, file an open public records request with the city clerk. Tell them you want the names, titles, and salaries of all parking authority employees. Then, follow them around and see what they do. Report back to us.

Posted on: 2008/7/19 16:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
A cop working on my street with a road crew got booted last week. He was parked illegally. Probably didn't have to pay a cent.

Posted on: 2008/7/19 16:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/19 13:36
Group:
Registered Users
I will give you another ironic twist. There's an older spanish parking dept idiot that goes crabbing in the marina at the end of Warren St (on his off hours I think). I saw this guy park illegally at the end of the street, even when there were legal spots 50' away. Of course, he may just be brain-damaged from eating bottom-dwellers out of the Hudson. He also regularly tickets folks in the 2-hour parking spots when they haven't been parked anywhere close to 2 hours. Ever get one of those tix?

Posted on: 2008/7/19 16:10

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/10/24 1:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

The Parking Authority must have a ton of no show-patronage jobs to support, I wonder if there is any way to find out who is on the payroll.

See: http://www.jcparking.org/contact%20info.htm

Posted on: 2008/7/19 1:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

creativeconquests wrote:
I may have seen this on another thread - if so, feel free to move this post to the right location...

But is there not something very illegal and unethical about first time violators getting a $110 boot and a $42 ticket? I parked out front of my home but as I've said before some weird complication with my leased vehicle shows the address as the leased address etc. and so I have not been able to change my vehicle registration address to prove my car is mine.

So I don't park for more than 2 hours in front of my house. Drove to Target, parked around the corner and of course, same zone - I walk out and see them putting the boot on.

I get the code and still have to DRIVE ALL THE WAY UP TO THE PARKING AUTHORITY ON CENTRAL AVE. to drop it off.

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE EXPERIENCED A MORE DEFUNCT, STUPID, INEFFICIENT, INCOMPETENT SYSTEM IN MY LIFE. A FIRST ticket is $152.00????????

That is unbelievable. We are NOT criminals here - we are just trapped in a system that is complicated. Can't we, as citizens of JC argue this in some way?

Posted on: 2008/6/20 13:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/17 14:13
Group:
Banned
I may have seen this on another thread - if so, feel free to move this post to the right location...

But is there not something very illegal and unethical about first time violators getting a $110 boot and a $42 ticket? I parked out front of my home but as I've said before some weird complication with my leased vehicle shows the address as the leased address etc. and so I have not been able to change my vehicle registration address to prove my car is mine.

So I don't park for more than 2 hours in front of my house. Drove to Target, parked around the corner and of course, same zone - I walk out and see them putting the boot on.

I get the code and still have to DRIVE ALL THE WAY UP TO THE PARKING AUTHORITY ON CENTRAL AVE. to drop it off.

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE EXPERIENCED A MORE DEFUNCT, STUPID, INEFFICIENT, INCOMPETENT SYSTEM IN MY LIFE. A FIRST ticket is $152.00????????

That is unbelievable. We are NOT criminals here - we are just trapped in a system that is complicated. Can't we, as citizens of JC argue this in some way?

Posted on: 2008/6/20 13:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

journalsq wrote:
I got one of these though I attended the court and appeared before the judge. So now I had 2 dates - one for the original adjourned date and other for the failure to appear. I called up the court to enquire about it and guess what - they gave me a third date. Finally got my lawyer to confirm the correct date.
I believe it is just another attempt to intimidate people - and mostly successful too.

A lawyer huh it costs money to prove you innocence. Create an illegal driveway then watch people park there knowing it's not a real driveway. The parking authority will issue tickets not knowing it's a fake driveway.

Posted on: 2008/6/19 1:50

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/8/4 4:35
Group:
Registered Users
I got one of these though I attended the court and appeared before the judge. So now I had 2 dates - one for the original adjourned date and other for the failure to appear. I called up the court to enquire about it and guess what - they gave me a third date. Finally got my lawyer to confirm the correct date.
I believe it is just another attempt to intimidate people - and mostly successful too.

Posted on: 2008/6/18 1:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/4 19:36
From McGinley Square / Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
I got one of these the other day despite me visiting the court in person weeks ago and filling out a form requesting a court date. It's so annoying that they no longer take walk-ins for parking court. It's even more annoying that I'm continually calling the phone number on the notice today (201-209-6700), and when you follow the prompts and press #2 to speak to a person, it hangs up on you. Same thing if you press 0 for operator. So typical of JC that they can't even get a phone system to work properly.

Posted on: 2008/6/17 18:52

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/4 2:56
Group:
Registered Users
Wow classic moments...

Don't be afraid about issuing a warrant for a parking ticket. If it's just one ticket they won't track you down and arrest you. However if they ever stop you and that comes up they'll take you in.

They'll probably go after you if you take too long to pay which at that point you may have your license suspended.

Nothing is worse then getting a boot on your car though, $125! Plus you gotta hitch the bus back to your car and wait for an officer or parking authority to come by.

Sucks that Fulop's ordinance didn't pass, which would of only gave them right to give you a boot if you owe 3+ tickets.

Posted on: 2008/6/16 13:00

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/7 21:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nikkiinnj wrote:
Quote:

Standpipe wrote:
One time i found a ticket placed on my car that was for a similar model car, but clearly the wrong color. Some idiot probably hoped I wouldn't notice it and would pay their fine for them. Nice try. lol I looked HARD at that ticket, cuz I KNEW my car was legally parked.

That happened to me once... someone put a ticket on my legally parked car. But, the ticket was for public urination.

I couldn't figure out why someone would do that so your post clears it up.

Ew. And I hope you drowned your hands in disinfectant after handling that ticket.

Posted on: 2008/6/14 17:31

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/17 23:54
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Standpipe wrote:
One time i found a ticket placed on my car that was for a similar model car, but clearly the wrong color. Some idiot probably hoped I wouldn't notice it and would pay their fine for them. Nice try. lol I looked HARD at that ticket, cuz I KNEW my car was legally parked.

That happened to me once... someone put a ticket on my legally parked car. But, the ticket was for public urination.

I couldn't figure out why someone would do that so your post clears it up.

Posted on: 2008/6/14 12:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/5 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
hahaha... i'm going to have to remember that one.

Posted on: 2008/6/14 8:18

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/8/21 13:49
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, this has happened to me as well. As for the original ticket, consider too that some smartass may have removed it for fun. One time i found a ticket placed on my car that was for a similar model car, but clearly the wrong color. Some idiot probably hoped I wouldn't notice it and would pay their fine for them. Nice try. lol I looked HARD at that ticket, cuz I KNEW my car was legally parked.

Posted on: 2008/6/14 2:25

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I forgot to add that what I found most disturbing is that if I did not follow up with this notice "(...) a warrant may be issued for your arrest".

So I was basically relying on USPS to avoid potential arrest for just a simple parking ticket.

Posted on: 2008/6/14 1:20

Failure to Appear Notice

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Today I received a "failure to appear notice" for failing to appear in court after getting a "street cleaning" violation.
The thing is that I never got the original ticket, and that is why I did not pay the fine (and did not show up in court either).

I just paid the ticket plus penalty. It is not worth it complaining with the city government.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? To be issued a ticket/violation but not to get the ticket copy attached to your car?

Posted on: 2008/6/14 1:17

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017