Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
154 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 154

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 »

Re: Jersey City to choose new ambulance provider?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/27 1:30
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Not knowing exactly what happened with his father-in-law, so obviously interpreting from a far...but is he saying that, because his father-in-law died (presumably of cardiac arrest), he is voting in favor of the Care Point contract?

And nice to see that he replied. Wish I could say the same about Diane Coleman.

Quote:

On Dec 16, 2013, at 11:03 PM, Daniel Rivera wrote:

Ms Lee,

I appreciate you writing and commend your advocacy towards the Medical Center ems program. The story of your neighbors child is heart warming and I'm glad she's in great health.

However in several years ago my wife and her sister called 911 because their Dad my father in law was complaining of chest pain, he passed away in 6 min 3 minutes after JCMC walked in.

Although honestly I do feel that the program is good there's always room for improvement. My wife can't express her feelings the way you do about your neighbors child but she's truly moved on.

In the past I've given credit and said lots of great things to Joe Scott their CEO and to the Director of the EMS because since they've been here things have changed but it doesn't deter from the way my wife feels. This is only one of some concerns I have however I cannot speak for the rest of my council colleagues.

I hope you can understand this very concern I've shared with you. There's more but this is the one I'll share, which i think it's pretty serious.

Thanks so much and warmest regards,

Daniel Rivera
Councilman At Large Jersey City NJ

Posted on: 2013/12/17 4:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/17 0:57
Group:
Registered Users
Dear Councilman At Large Rivera,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write back to me and I am sorry about what happened to your father in law.

I along with many residents don't believe by changing over to McCabe/ Carepoint from JCMC EMS, you are improving our EMS service, but changing highly rated non-profit EMS service over to for profit EMS company that owns Bayonne hospital which turned non-profit hospital into for profit while making it one of the most expensive hospital in United States with service that doesn't match the cost.

It's a shame that your personal experience didn't match hundreds of outcries from us residents and many praises. I hope you see the bigger picture and vote in line with our voice. I don't believe privatizing EMS with subpar replacement from non-profit service with more experience will result in happy voters in any means.

Team Fulop must not have a singular voice, you have independent mind, conscious and intelligence. I hope you consider everything including not having personal punitive agenda because of what happened in your family for rest of us.

Best,

Yoo Lee

On Dec 16, 2013, at 11:03 PM, Daniel Rivera wrote:

Ms Lee,

I appreciate you writing and commend your advocacy towards the Medical Center ems program. The story of your neighbors child is heart warming and I'm glad she's in great health.

However in several years ago my wife and her sister called 911 because their Dad my father in law was complaining of chest pain, he passed away in 6 min 3 minutes after JCMC walked in.

Although honestly I do feel that the program is good there's always room for improvement. My wife can't express her feelings the way you do about your neighbors child but she's truly moved on.

In the past I've given credit and said lots of great things to Joe Scott their CEO and to the Director of the EMS because since they've been here things have changed but it doesn't deter from the way my wife feels. This is only one of some concerns I have however I cannot speak for the rest of my council colleagues.

I hope you can understand this very concern I've shared with you. There's more but this is the one I'll share, which i think it's pretty serious.

Thanks so much and warmest regards,

Daniel Rivera
Councilman At Large Jersey City NJ

Posted on: 2013/12/17 4:25

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/27 1:30
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone have any luck in getting a response from their city council rep when they e-mail them? I've tried twice - most recently about this EMS issue - and get no response.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 4:19

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/15 23:01
Group:
Registered Users
The City Council might want to ask McCabe who had the ambulance contract for Secaucus why they lost the contract, they lost it because the contract called for McCabe to keep 2 ambulances in Secaucus which they failed to do. So if they can t keep 2 ambulances in Secaucus what makes people think they can handle Jersey City

Posted on: 2013/12/17 3:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
To Joshua- under the Faulkner, the council votes on contracts, not the mayor. If Boggiano wants more time to have different providers present their views, I think that is fine. McCabe said they start January 1, 2014, which I find disturbing. If that is the case, then Fulop has a rubber stamp council. Let me repeat, they received this information Friday.

McCabe's Facebook page stating they have the contract.
https://www.facebook.com/McCabeAmbulance

Posted on: 2013/12/17 3:20

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/15 23:01
Group:
Registered Users
Brewster, The argument is only about the insurance being out of network(although that is a big reason against for example maybe not a big deal to you but my co-pay for er visit for in network hospital is $25.00 and out of network is $150.00,so there is a BIG difference there) But the fact remains response time will be drastically longer thereby keeping a JCFD company out of service longer and your 2.6 million dollar profit will be spent on that rather quickly. Also Mccabe does not provide paramedics (ALS) which is required by law, (JCMC does) so I guess the JCMC will have to cover that, and I am sure their not going to do it for free, so again we are cutting into that 2,6 million dollars . also Carepoint- Christ Hospital is not a TRAUMA Center (but JCMC is) of course the CEO or whoever the spokesman for Carepoint/Mccabe isn't going to point that out. So the only winner is Mccabe/Care point...... Follow the campaign donations..... Like Yvonne stated it certainly looks like PAY TO Play...... It's being shoved down the residents throats, does anyone wonder why nobody heard about this till recently...... Sort of makes one wonder.......If it walks like a duck,sounds like a duck.... Guess what it's a Duck......Again the Residents lose.....I can already give the Council Vote it's not to hard to predict.... Boggiano against , maybe Yun against and everyone else will vote in favor....... (Just like Sheep)

Posted on: 2013/12/17 3:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Just checked Fulop's Facebook page to see if he's saying anything about this.

Nope, we can read all about his fun time in DC with Obama, but nothing about this decision that could greatly affect the finances of everyone in Jersey City.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 3:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Boggiano made a valid point to have Medical Center and McCabe at meetings so the council should receive more information. /

I am really getting sick of this line from councilman Boggiano.

Jersey City let the RFP out. It was public knowledge. JCMC was advertising everywhere warning people that they might lose the contract. The contract went through a study and a recommendation process. The results of that are now available for everyone to see.

If Boggiano wasn't aware of what was going on, it's because he wasn't trying. He routinely waits until the last step of a process and then claims "but there was no input! and I wasn't notified!"

Posted on: 2013/12/17 3:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
One of the speakers for the Medical Center, I forgot the name, said the bidding process was improper, he used the term "kickbacks." I am sure there will be legal action down the road. Secondly, the city council received this on Friday. Boggiano made a valid point to have Medical Center and McCabe at meetings so the council should receive more information. But it is being shove down their throats. I mentioned Torricelli because many people here do not know who he is. Again, Fulop ran on a platform of reform and this contract also involves a senator who had a problem with ethics.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2002/10/ ... ps-out-november-election/

IF all of this being posted is true, which is a very big IF, I will have lost a ton of respect for Fulop and will oppose his inevitable run for NJ mayor.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 3:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
One of the speakers for the Medical Center, I forgot the name, said the bidding process was improper, he used the term "kickbacks." I am sure there will be legal action down the road. Secondly, the city council received this on Friday. Boggiano made a valid point to have Medical Center and McCabe at meetings so the council should receive more information. But it is being shove down their throats. I mentioned Torricelli because many people here do not know who he is. Again, Fulop ran on a platform of reform and this contract also involves a senator who had a problem with ethics.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2002/10/ ... ps-out-november-election/

Posted on: 2013/12/17 2:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Yup, I still don't get how it's fair for the city to monopolize this service and then not offer insurance coverage for most.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 2:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
The biggest thing to consider is people say this new ambulance provider does not accept insurance.

Therefore, this change is a HUGE LOSS for Jersey City residents, if true.

The only piece posted in support has been what looks like a propaganda piece, written by someone with a financial interest in having this deal work out.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 2:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
The contract was put out for competitive bid. A committee of five made recommendations based on established criteria. 3 recommended McCabe, 2 recommended JCMC.

The council packet is below, the ambulance contract is at pages 453-493 (warning, big file)

http://jerseycitynj.gov/uploadedFiles ... solutions/resos121813.pdf

Posted on: 2013/12/17 2:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I went to the caucus meeting. We are talking about this year, 2.6 million there is no guaranteed of the next. Besides, it is pay to play. Read the article below.

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... _jersey_sen_robert_t.html

Posted on: 2013/12/17 2:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
What bothers me about this issue is how its being argued in a vacuum, like we're under a dome and there's no other cities out there to look at and see what works for them. I want to know what other cities use either one of these models, and what their experiences are, because a $6m difference between choices is HUGE for this perennially budget strapped city, and I understand why the Mayor is in favor of it. I don't hear a compelling argument as to why the city rather than the insurance system must subsidize this service. If you have one, lets hear it.

I don't have enough outside facts to argue either way here, but frankly, much of the argument against so far sounds like the usual complaints of someone whose ox is being gored. As a close follower of the recent "Battle of St Mary's" in Hoboken, a lot of similar emotional arguments were being thrown around about not messing with tradition, along with character assassinations of their Mayor, when in fact the bankrupt hospital was a financial sinkhole for the city and the status quo was untenable.

As for the "out of network" ambulances, as I understand it your provider is required to pay them for emergency services at a negotiated out of network rate. This is part of their business plan for the hospitals too, since who would go to one of our little (recently bankrupt) local hospitals for elective procedures instead of JCMC or one of the great teaching hospitals across the river? If you want these local hospitals you've got to let them pay the bills somehow.

Yvonne, your "pay to play" argument would be far more compelling if there wasn't millions of dollars of difference between the bids.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 1:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I left the caucus meeting, no one can dispute the fact that JC Medical Ambulance does an outstanding job according to independent reports. I see this as a "pay to play" contract.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 1:56

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/19 2:08
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/12/17 1:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
I expect so.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 0:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Fait accompli?

McCabe Ambulance Facebook Posts

12/11
McCabe Ambulance anticipates significant growth in the near future. As such, we are actively seeking applications from experienced EMTs for immediate consideration. Application can be made in person at 7 East 41 Street, Bayonne, NJ 07002 M-F 8-5 or resumes may be forwarded via mail to that address, to our fax 201-823-2210, or to willvaughan@mccabeambulance.com via email. Please feel free to share this information with anyone who may have interest.

12/12
(In response to question about contract)
McCabe Ambulance Contract award will be December 18

12/13
The City of Jersey City has notified McCabe Ambulance that on January 1, 2014, we will become the 9-1-1 EMS agency for the City. Experienced EMTs and EMT/Dispatchers, now is the time to submit your resume or application for consideration. Applications may be submitted in person at 7 East 41st Street, Bayonne, NJ 07002 or online via mccabeambulance.com. Resumes may also be forwarded via mail, FAX (201) 823-2210, or via email to willvaughan@mccabeambulance.com. Please feel free to repost or forward to anyone who may be interested. EMTs currently working in Jersey City are encouraged to apply and do so immediately. Thanks to everyone for their support and we look forward to serving the residents of Jersey City!

12/13
In response to inquiries, McCabe Ambulance is actively recruiting those EMTs currently working in Jersey City. We value your experience and don't want anyone to lose anything. To reiterate our position, we will match staff salaries and offer a competitive benefits package. Now is the time to apply and there is no obligation. Please share.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 0:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Opinion: A victory for 911 services in Jersey City; unprofessional behavior from Jersey City Medical Center?s CEO

By Jersey Journal Guest Columnist
on December 16, 2013 at 3:32 PM, updated December 16, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Peter Kelly, CEO of Christ Hospital in Jersey City, sent the following memo to employees of the hospital and its parent, CarePoint Health. He is sharing it now with Jersey Journal readers.

Full JJ piece?.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/voices/index ... 11_serv.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2013/12/16 22:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
And below is the sample letter for reference:

Dear Councilperson:

As your constituent and a resident of Jersey City, I urge you to vote NO and NOT accept the current resolution replacing Jersey City Medical Center?s Ambulance Service at the Wednesday, December 18 City Council meeting.

I want my voice to be heard. My life matters. I want Jersey City Medical Center to continue to provide ambulance service.

Sincerely,
Jersey City Resident

Posted on: 2013/12/16 22:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I received this email from JCMC. Let's please reach out to our Council official to let them know that we don't want this change! Please sign the petition as well. After this Wednesday, it will be too late if we cannot stop this!

Dear Jersey City Resident -

The City of Jersey City recently announced a resolution to change its ambulance service provider. This resolution is coming before the City Council for a vote this Wednesday, December 18, 2013. If this vote passes, Jersey City residents would no longer have Jersey City Medical Center?s award-winning ambulance service with one of the quickest response times in the United States.

You recently signed a petition to keep the ambulance service with Jersey City Medical Center and we thank you for doing this. We need your help one more time!

Here is how you can show your support:

Please email or call your City Councilperson TODAY. (Contact information below). We have attached a letter if you wish to use it. To email the attached letter, please open the attachment, type in the email address below and hit send.
Attend the City Council meeting Wednesday, December 18th at 6 p.m. at City Hall, 280 Grove Street.
If you would like to speak at the meeting on December 18th, contact the City Clerk at 201-547-5150 to register and reply to this email to let us know.

Rolando R. Lavarro Jr., Council President 201-547-5268
Rlavarro@jcnj.org

Joyce Watterman, Councilwoman-At-Large 201-547-5134
JWatterman@jcnj.org

Daniel Rivera, Coucilman-At-Large 201-547-5319
DRivera@jcnj.org

Frank Gajewski, Councilman Ward A 201-547-5098
FGajewski@jcnj.org

Khemraj ?Chico? Ramchal, Councilman Ward B 201-547-5092
KRamchal@jcnj.org

Rich Boggiano, Councilman Ward C 201-547-5159
RBoggiano@jcnj.org

Michael Yun, Councilman Ward D 201-547-5485
MYun@jcnj.org

Candice Osborne, Councilwoman Ward E 201-547-5315
COsborne@jcnj.org

Diane Coleman, Councilwoman Ward F 201-547-5338
DColeman@jcnj.org

Pam Andes, Council Secretary 201-547-5053
PAndes@jcnj.org

Desire Marte, Council Clerk 201-547-5204
MarteD@jcnj.org

Jasmin Gonzalez, Council Clerk 201-547-5204
JGonzalez@jcnj.org

As always, thank your for your continued support.

Warmest Regards,

Rob Luckritz
Director of EMS

Posted on: 2013/12/16 22:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/12/16 21:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Why would that Michael who resides in Succasunna, NJ contribute? He is not a resident of JC. McCabe Ambulance does operate in Succasunna, NJ.

This article mentions McCabe's son Michael:
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2013/08/post_358.html

If this doesn't break the pay-to-play law, it certainly seems to break the spirit of it.

Posted on: 2013/12/16 21:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Item z35 on the City Council agenda, bottom of page 19.

http://www.cityofjerseycity.com/uploa ... AGN%202013%2012%2018a.pdf

Posted on: 2013/12/16 19:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If you plan to speak at the City Council call the City Clerk's Office 201-547-5150 to be placed on the agenda.

Posted on: 2013/12/16 18:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Written by a fireman Ray on petition:

I am a firefighter and a paramedic. EMS in Jersey City are trailblazers. EMS should never be considered based on profit. You wouldn't change fire department or police departments, why change EMS providers with one of the longest standing performance records in the US?

Posted on: 2013/12/16 18:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MomToTwo wrote:
re: the report on mcCabe's $10,400 contribution....how do we know this is the same Michael McCabe that owns McCabe Ambulance? I am not looking to be adversarial, only looking to understand the connection of dots from a michale mccabe in Sucusunna to michael mccabe in Bayonne. Right now, documentation wise, there is no connection (i.e. it could be 2 separate Michael McCabe's). Again, not looking to be adversarial, but this document takes on dramatically more import if you can prove the connection.

Nice first post, eh? #suspicious

Posted on: 2013/12/16 17:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Done!

btw - Where does our Ward E councilwoman Candace Osbourne stand on this? (or is that a stupid question?)

Quote:

hamiltonpkmom wrote:
My family is going to attend our very first council meeting to address our concern. Thanks to Yvonne, I now know how much our resident's lives are worth. Mere $10,400 to the contribution before the election and $2.6 million to city to get the contract.

Please sign the petition below. I hope number in our voice matters.

http://www.change.org/petitions/mayor ... rsey-city-s-ems-provider#

Posted on: 2013/12/16 17:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
In response to the petition on Change.org, Heather posted below comment. READ it Mayor Fulop. You are effecting the lives of JC residents and not for better with your decision if you were to change our JCMC EMS:

I am a Jersey City Medical Center EMT.

I grew up in the Jersey City heights and attended P.S 25 school. I ate at Vinnies after school, got vegetables for my parents at the Farmers market, and hung out with friends in ?Mosquito park?.

I took the yellow school bus to County Prep High School. I was captain of the cheerleading team, participated in the science league, and was in the dance program.

I volunteered countless times. I received multiple awards including The Mayor Cunningham award for a writing piece.

Ive shaken the hand of the mayors of Jersey City for years , as I was a cheerleader with the Jersey City Liberty All Stars .

Although I no longer reside in Jersey City , my family does.

I never grew up saying that I wanted to be an EMT, for me it was all about waking up each day to make a difference.

I started my EMS career as a volunteer with the Lyndhurst Police Emergency Squad and continue to serve as a Sergeant. I would be lying to sit here and tell you I couldn't get an ems job elsewhere. Ive gained years of experience, deans list student in college , and carry a great personality.

I have worked for other agencies/departments but the Jersey City Medical Center EMS is HOME. I wake up ready for each shift excited and nervous to know what the night will hold. I gained my experience here. I was trained and became knowledgeable because of the EMTs and Paramedics that have been serving Jersey City for years. I know what is expected of me and how to continue to be the best possible EMT because of the supervisors that gave me a chance.

I experienced life changing situations here;both good and bad. I unfortunetly learned what its like to call ?10-2? (something I wish no one has to experience). A situation for me that I reply day in and day out. But that day could have been a lot worse ,as I watched my partner get assaulted and become a victim myself. If it had not been for my EMS family, first on scene, things could have been a lot worse. Dealing with being out of work due to injuries was even more difficult. Management, supervisors, emts, paramedics called day in and day out to make sure that me and my partner received the care and treatment we needed.

So , although there are other jobs out there for me this is a total loss. A loss of a family. A loss of good people making a big difference. My family may, god forbid, need an ambulance. I trust and know that with a hundred and thirty years of experience that my family will receive the most timely and crucial pre hospital care possible.

We cant take a chance on Change, when it effects the residents of Jersey City and my family.

I am a Jersey City EMT and Proud

Posted on: 2013/12/16 17:04

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017