Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Incident at Hamilton Park
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/20 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you, hopefully getting the police involved a bit will help the situation.

Posted on: 2010/1/25 20:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I will email them. I have Jan's.

Posted on: 2010/1/25 17:00

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/20 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Vigilante,

JC Block Watch is trying to locate the woman to get a description of the man who followed her so Police can be on the lookout. Any chance you have that info, I believe you said you knew who she was.

Thanks

Posted on: 2010/1/25 16:25

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 0:21
Group:
Registered Users
I also confirmed the incident tonight. I made sure to change my dog walk route these past few nights. I don't care if it was a prank or not. Anyone who approaches you wearing a ski mask (white, black, or green for that matter) is a frightening experience.

I'll admit that anyone who makes me feel uncomfortable, I'll cross streets or make a quick turn. I generally avoid group of teens (again any race/creed, etc...). Kids will egg each other on and do things that they would never normally do on their own. Anyone who feels comfortable by me, please clear the sidewalk (my 17 lb dog & I would kindly appreciate it!)

Posted on: 2010/1/23 5:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/21 19:38
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

I disagree with the "racial hysteria" comment. The guy was wearing a ski-mask. When the woman entered the building on 9th. Street she looked out the window and as the guy walked past he removed the mask and then ran off down 9th. St. At the time I am sure she was still freaked out a bit by having a guy in a full ski-mask walking behind her on a dark street. Maybe she misread the situation as more serious than a teenage prank but the fact is the guy/kid was black. Not racial hysteria. Just a fact from her account.

Fair enough. I agree that sometimes the lack of racial information when describing a suspect can be ridiculous as well. And that's been discussed on various threads plenty already.

And Healy, you nailed it buddy! Never know when it could be another Buffalo Bill out there. I probably should have kicked his legs out from under him and run off with the crutches, just in case his "handicapped" act was all just a clever ruse to rob me. Heck, I certainly don't want to end up at the bottom of some well in a hidden sub-basement! But then, I'm pretty thin so he'd have a hard time getting my skin loose enough to make into a lampshade.

I'll admit that said disabled-yet-potential mugger did happen to be black. And he was a BIG dude. Like a linebacker. It was dark outside and some of the street lamps may have been broken, and I wasn't wasn't wearing my glasses, but I do remember him looking kinda like Ray Lewis. And that guy is a murderer after all! Shit, it was probably a really close call...I may be lucky to be alive!

Either way, keep an eye out... if you see this guy prowling around, be sure to call the cops:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2010/1/22 20:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

leigh13 wrote:
Quote:

Adonis wrote:
It's amazing how this post puts a much less alarmist tone while also appearing to me to paint a much more accurate picture of what went down. The events as described here are pretty much what I pictured them to be from the start.

Agreed. Nothing like a little racial hysteria to keep things interesting though, right?

The other night I was walking down Jersey Ave and I saw a very large scary-looking man walking toward me on the sidewalk. I considered crossing the street, but then I noticed he was hobbling along on crutches, so he couldn't possibly pose much of a threat. For a second I wondered whether I should go ahead and mug him, you know, just in case. Instead, I chose to just walk past and there was no confrontation.

Crisis averted!

I disagree with the "racial hysteria" comment. The guy was wearing a ski-mask. When the woman entered the building on 9th. Street she looked out the window and as the guy walked past he removed the mask and then ran off down 9th. St. At the time I am sure she was still freaked out a bit by having a guy in a full ski-mask walking behind her on a dark street. Maybe she misread the situation as more serious than a teenage prank but the fact is the guy/kid was black. Not racial hysteria. Just a fact from her account.

Posted on: 2010/1/22 19:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/21 19:38
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Adonis wrote:
It's amazing how this post puts a much less alarmist tone while also appearing to me to paint a much more accurate picture of what went down. The events as described here are pretty much what I pictured them to be from the start.

Agreed. Nothing like a little racial hysteria to keep things interesting though, right?

The other night I was walking down Jersey Ave and I saw a very large scary-looking man walking toward me on the sidewalk. I considered crossing the street, but then I noticed he was hobbling along on crutches, so he couldn't possibly pose much of a threat. For a second I wondered whether I should go ahead and mug him, you know, just in case. Instead, I chose to just walk past and there was no confrontation.

Crisis averted!

Posted on: 2010/1/22 17:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Found out earlier this evening that this incident happened to someone I actually know. No, she did not call the cops and I made my case to her husband that they should always call it in. In any case, it sounded more like a teenager pulling a prank with some friends. The "victim" was walking a large, snarling dog and the guy never actually touched her or got real close. For all we know it could've been his nextel that was freaking her out. I noticed that the new droid phone often has a robotic sound to the voice. The "victim" is a very nervous person and may have just over-reacted. I think if she really felt in danger she would've called the cops right away.

Posted on: 2010/1/22 4:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Found out earlier this evening that this incident happened to someone I actually know. No, she did not call the cops and I made my case to her husband that they should always call it in. In any case, it sounded more like a teenager pulling a prank with some friends. The "victim" was walking a large, snarling dog and the guy never actually touched her or got real close. For all we know it could've been his nextel that was freaking her out. I noticed that the new droid phone often has a robotic sound to the voice. The "victim" is a very nervous person and may have just over-reacted. I think if she really felt in danger she would've called the cops right away.

Posted on: 2010/1/22 4:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

jersey_girl72 wrote:
If I had been either party, then I would have definitely contacted the cops. I wouldn't have alerted this thread on UFO abductions, some people need to go far...far away....
She had been chased by a black man in a ski mask while she was walking her dog around 8:30 pm. The woman described that the guy was changing his voice when he was talking to her by using some sort of speaker device.
As a HP resident, I received the email that alerted us of the incident and wanted to pass it along to others.

Maybe they abducted the black dude in a ski-mask with the electronic voice box? Or maybe he was an alien trying to get directions to White Castle?

I think he found the White Castle because he was on World News Now on channel 7 at 3 in the morning. He went on a White Castle "run" in his car for the entire news room. He first came on munching on a burger by the looks of him it looked like his 20th burger minus the napkin. Even the Asian news folks were nibbling at the promptly delivered early snacks. Also the voice changing speaker device might have been from the drive through.

Posted on: 2010/1/21 8:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/22 21:37
From Carolina's Lavanderia
Group:
Registered Users
Hmmm. I recall seeing (more like hearing) some older kids/ young adults playing with a voicebox and laughing a few weeks ago on Newark Avenue. I really can't recall what they looked like I just remember hearing the voicebox as it reminded me of those anti-smoking commercials. I passed them on the street but I didn't look at them. Coincidence?

Posted on: 2010/1/21 5:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I mentioned this incident to my boyfriend (we live on 8th b/w Jersey and Coles) and he said he noticed police officers walking in the neighborhood. Not sure of the exact time but it was sometime this afternoon.

Posted on: 2010/1/21 4:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jersey_girl72 wrote:
If I had been either party, then I would have definitely contacted the cops. I wouldn't have alerted this thread on UFO abductions, some people need to go far...far away....

Maybe they abducted the black dude in a ski-mask with the electronic voice box? Or maybe he was an alien trying to get directions to White Castle?

Posted on: 2010/1/21 3:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 11:11
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jersey_girl72 wrote:

Well said!!!!

Posted on: 2010/1/21 3:56

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/1/21 3:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Where does it say that the cops were not called or called?

Everyone is just jumping to conclusions AGAIN.

Jersey girl thanks for posting. I will be more cautious since I tend to go out late at night.
When I read the email that I was sent It made me feel ill to think that I was out in that area right around the same time.

Posted on: 2010/1/21 3:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jcnight wrote:
Quote:

moxiebaby wrote:
Yes, please notify HP residents that a woman pretending a black man with a voice changer is running amok so she can gain access to condos to case them out.

The simplest explanation is generally the most likely.

Dont go jumping to conclusions or forming opinions to fast. You never know.
Kind of like the famous be-headed doxie!!!

At least the cops were involved in that one. If no report is made then these people have simply endangered others. A police report is a record so that the police can be on the look-out or if a similar incident occurs. Might as well warn us about UFO abductions.

Posted on: 2010/1/21 3:31

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I posted the information to alert anyone who walks their dogs (like me) or walks home from work at night. Take the information or don't take it. "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

Posted on: 2010/1/21 3:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

moxiebaby wrote:
Yes, please notify HP residents that a woman pretending a black man with a voice changer is running amok so she can gain access to condos to case them out.

Dont go jumping to conclusions or forming opinions to fast. You never know.
Kind of like the famous be-headed doxie!!!

Posted on: 2010/1/21 2:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Dont really know the answer to any of the above. All I can say is the person that sent me the email is very reputable. Anyways who cares...... It never hurt anyone to be alittle more cautious.
If it is true do you actually think you would see a differance in the way they patrol Hamilton Park?
I am going out to walk my dog now, I will let you know if I see a voice altering jackass.

Posted on: 2010/1/21 2:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

moxiebaby wrote:

Exactly. Something fishy about this whole story. Why weren't the cops involved?

Posted on: 2010/1/21 2:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/6 23:12
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/1/21 2:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

sandstone wrote:
What did the cops say? Because if no one called the cops don't bother posting this kind of stuff.

Jersey Girl is relating an incident told to her by someone else. There's a good chance she has no more information than she posted. Because she doesn't know if the incident was reported or doesn't know what the cops said she shouldn't post? So now you determine who can post and who can not.

If only I were so lucky. Why not just post the email that was passed around?[/quote]

Here is the original email:

Dear neighbors: a resident of the Hamilton Park Condos passed the following msg to me.

Be careful and alert especially if you are walking alone in the evening. Do not get engrossed in your cell phones or I-pods. Pay attention to your surroundings!

Please be sure to report any incidents to the Police Department radio room. 201-547-5477 program that # in your cell phones. It goes directly to our JC radio room whereas 911 may go to another county depending on your area code and the nearest cell tower.

Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 02:01:32 +0000

Hi XXXX,

. I thought that I should let you know that at 8:30pm tonight, there was a distraught woman downstairs in the entrance. She said that she had been chased by a black man in a ski mask while she was walking her dog. As she described, the guy was changing his voice when he was talking to her by using some sort of speaker device. We stayed with her until her husband picked her up. She said she lived in the area.

Please notify other residents and to be alert when walking alone.

Posted on: 2010/1/20 22:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

sandstone wrote:
What did the cops say? Because if no one called the cops don't bother posting this kind of stuff.

Jersey Girl is relating an incident told to her by someone else. There's a good chance she has no more information than she posted. Because she doesn't know if the incident was reported or doesn't know what the cops said she shouldn't post? So now you determine who can post and who can not.[/quote]

If only I were so lucky. Why not just post the email that was passed around?

Posted on: 2010/1/20 18:51

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/22 12:59
Group:
Registered Users
What did the cops say? Because if no one called the cops don't bother posting this kind of stuff.[/quote]

Jersey Girl is relating an incident told to her by someone else. There's a good chance she has no more information than she posted. Because she doesn't know if the incident was reported or doesn't know what the cops said she shouldn't post? So now you determine who can post and who can not.

Posted on: 2010/1/20 18:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jersey_girl72 wrote:
One of the residents at HP condos (ninth b/w jersey and west hamilton) found a distraught woman in the main entrance. She had been chased by a black man in a ski mask while she was walking her dog around 8:30 pm. The woman described that the guy was changing his voice when he was talking to her by using some sort of speaker device. The resident stayed with woman until her husband picked her up. She said she lived in the area.

As a HP resident, I received the email that alerted us of the incident and wanted to pass it along to others.

Posted on: 2010/1/20 17:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Poor woman! That must have been terrifying! I hope she is ok!

Posted on: 2010/1/20 15:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
do you know if the police were called?

Posted on: 2010/1/20 10:49

Incident at Hamilton Park
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
One of the residents at HP condos (ninth b/w jersey and west hamilton) found a distraught woman in the main entrance. She had been chased by a black man in a ski mask while she was walking her dog around 8:30 pm. The woman described that the guy was changing his voice when he was talking to her by using some sort of speaker device. The resident stayed with woman until her husband picked her up. She said she lived in the area.

Posted on: 2010/1/20 6:34

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017