Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
130 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 130

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Car Broken into - Varick and York
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
[...]
Not ONE THING was visible in the car. GPS was in the center console, LOCKED, with no wires, chargers, or windshield mounts anywhere in sight. There was not one item in sight inside the vehicle...nothing. I am extremely neat.

[...]

Sorry to hear what happeed to you. It's no consolation now, but JCPD along with most Municipal Police Dept's, suggest you entirely remove any GPS from your vehicle after parking anywhere. If your CD's were indeed locked in your glove compartment, then the GPS was reason enough for them to break into your vehicle.

You still have reason to be proud of Van Vorst Park Neighborhood, it's just urban crime that sucks, not your neighbors.

Posted on: 2008/9/1 7:10
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/14 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
I agree with Slim26. They stole my car last year. Lucky for me, I was able to go to Belleville two months later to see it... completely stripped.

My new car was just dented in the front from a hit and run in the middle of the night. Love JC.

Posted on: 2008/9/1 4:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/26 20:59
From 240 Newark Avenue
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

slauben wrote:
our car has that feature where if you put the key in the door lock and turn it backwards and hold it, it rolls down the windows. Well these guys figured out how to trigger that somehow by prying the lock. It rolls down the windows without setting off the alarm, so they just can just reach in and take whatever they want

I've never heard of that... car thieves the world over must have laughed their asses off when they heard that was coming out. "Bend a paper clip thusly and you're in... no more bricks and slim jims and car alarms!". Why would you need to open your windows from outside your car?

Mark.

Posted on: 2008/8/31 15:56
www.JerseyCityMusic.com
-----------------

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/23 20:19
From York & Grove
Group:
Banned
be happy they didn't just steal your entire car like they did to mine a few months ago on Wayne St.

Posted on: 2008/8/31 15:41

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/8 5:07
Group:
Registered Users
Anytime anyone mentions a crime that happened in our neighborhood on this board, it always seems like there is at least one person to imply, or blatently state, that it is the person's fault. I can't understand what drives a person to login and make a post attacking a person who was a victim of crime.

I think the person recognizes whatever mistake was made by now without being told what he or she did wrong.

To the victim, thanks for making the post. I like knowing what crime is happening in the area where I live.

Posted on: 2008/8/30 2:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/12 23:34
Group:
Banned
This may sound cold, but if indeed your car has a soft top, you only have yourself to blame. Yes it sucks that you can't have that around here, but come on, it's CLOTH. It's almost TOO EASY to break into.

Posted on: 2008/8/29 4:01

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/29 21:28
From Downtown JC
Group:
Banned
You have to have a keen alarm system in your car these days...what I do..I keep my favorite ax on the front seat..see, and the thieves get the point..only a madman would do that, so they leave my vehicle alone.

Posted on: 2008/8/28 20:37

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/29 21:28
From Downtown JC
Group:
Banned
What? Another car window bashed in right in plain sight and the thieves got away with it, not in Jersey City!

Posted on: 2008/8/28 20:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:24
Group:
Registered Users
that does suck. but it really doesn't matter where you park, theives have legs and are able to walk another block or so. plenty have cars have been broken into closer to the park, and varick and york is only one block from said park. i doubt a block or two closer or further from low income housing really makes your car all that much safer at night.

Posted on: 2008/8/28 18:37

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/10/7 16:32
Group:
Registered Users
It doesn't matter where you are, our car was parked on First St. just east of Erie and they got us a couple of months ago. And don't think you are safe just because you don't have a soft top either, our car has that feature where if you put the key in the door lock and turn it backwards and hold it, it rolls down the windows. Well these guys figured out how to trigger that somehow by prying the lock. It rolls down the windows without setting off the alarm, so they just can just reach in and take whatever they want. Luckily for us we don't leave a thing in the car, so they got nothing.

Posted on: 2008/8/28 16:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Years ago I used to have a Geo Tracker with soft top. The thing was broken into so many times I just left the doors open. After a few months of not finding anything inside, they just decided to slice two passenger side tires AND the spare. I guess they showed me.

Posted on: 2008/8/28 16:26

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/8 5:07
Group:
Registered Users
What scumbags! Sorry to hear about that...

Posted on: 2008/8/28 16:16

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/24 18:01
Group:
Registered Users
That sucks to hear that happened, especially since that area is usually not bad. I am assuming you have a Jeep or soft top convertible, since you said they sliced your rear window to get in. Unfortunately, they are always the first target for thieves and a bad option for urban areas or for storing anything in. A person in my building has had his Jeep window sliced and broken into several times, but luckily he never keeps anything in it.

Posted on: 2008/8/28 15:38

Car Broken into - Varick and York
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Walked up to my car last night to move it, and a sickening feeling developed in my stomach as I saw the contents of my glove compartment strewn about the interior of the car. The punks finally got me.

Worst part is, I live on the park, so I literally NEVER park west of Jersey Avenue. But the other night, there were no spots in sight. Now I know why I never parked west of Jersey. Because Varick is near the F**KING projects.

Car was parked on Varick, right near York. The punks sliced open my rear pasenger window and crawled in. Missing items are a $300 GPS, a book of CD's (that contained NO music that these people would be interested in listening to), and a handful of loose change.

Not ONE THING was visible in the car. GPS was in the center console, LOCKED, with no wires, chargers, or windshield mounts anywhere in sight. There was not one item in sight inside the vehicle...nothing. I am extremely neat.

These punks just randomly picked a car, and they hit the lottery with a GPS. Lucky day for them...unlucky day for me :(

Thanks, scumbags...I don't have enough things to do in my busy life...now I have to get a new window on my car.

Living in a city you hear about stupid crap like this all the time...but when it actually happens to YOU...it really sours your opinion on the neighborhood that I had formerly been so proud to live in.

Posted on: 2008/8/28 14:21

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017