Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
168 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 168

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 24 25 26 (27) 28 29 30 ... 41 »

Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
So what actually happened today was Issa and a conservative legal group are trying to make an issue out of the investigator's politics even though it would have been illegal for the DOJ to look into her politics.

That's not wrongdoing by Obama's Justice Department. That's more opportunistic public relations by Darryl Issa.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 2:58
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bogart wrote:
Quote:

Nonsense, especially that it was TODAY that Obama's Justice Department appointed someone to lead the investigation into political abuse by Obama's IRS in an election year.

Do you have a source for that? First I've heard of it.

Again, for what, the third time today?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politic ... 3-b4b654bcc9b2_story.html

Posted on: 2014/1/10 2:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Can anyone with a single brain cell argue that cone gate is more important than IRS gate?

Then why are you contributing to a thread about the Ft Lee lane closures?

If the IRS issue is really all that critical, why are you wasting your time here?

What about the threads about JC picking another ambulance provider? Or JC real estate prices rising? Should we all ignore those, and spend all our time today discussing the IRS?

This is clearly not the thread, in fact not the forum to discuss the IRS investigation. There are plenty of general politics forums where you can discuss those topics.

It is also screamingly obvious that you're not discussing the IRS because something happened today. You've repeatedly brought up Benghazi not because of any new news, but because you are trying to put Christie is a positive light, while distracting from the issue and/or trying to make Democrats look bad.

If you're going to contribute to a thread about the Fort Lee lane closures, then at least have the courtesy to stay on topic.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 2:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bogart wrote:
Quote:

Nonsense, especially that it was TODAY that Obama's Justice Department appointed someone to lead the investigation into political abuse by Obama's IRS in an election year.

He posted the source a couple hours ago. I think the IRS thing is not as big as this bridge incident since Christie most likely had direct involvement and I doubt Obama had the same.

However, it looks incredibly shady that Obama's Justice Department picked one of his political donors to "lead" the investigation. Certainly looks like Obama (or his good buddy Holder) is trying to hide something.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 1:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bogart wrote:
Quote:

We're talking about an alleged abuse of political power to damage an opponent. Bringing up Obama's IRS targeting conservative groups prior to an election is certainly a much bigger issue than Christie's staff targeting a mayor who wasn't even asked for an endorsement. Especially given that Christie was going to win in a landslide anyway, but Obama's election was somewhat marginal.

It turned out that the IRS examined both liberal and conservative groups, as they should have. No one was "targeted." That's why the "scandal" went away.

I'm sorry, that's simply not true. You better call Eric Holder and the Justice Department, along with the White House. The furtherance of the scandal is that the Obama Administration picked an Obama campaign contributor TODAY to lead the investigation into the Obama IRS.

And, of course, why did both the IRS and the White House apologize for targeting conservative groups? Did you miss that part, or is sand filling your ears from having your head in the sand?

Posted on: 2014/1/10 1:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Binky, read up a little bit re:Christie and the Koch Brothers. They're not as bi-partisan as he is, or I am.

Oh yeah? Let's hear your top 10 list of good things Democrats have done.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 1:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 2014/1/10 1:45
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

We're talking about an alleged abuse of political power to damage an opponent. Bringing up Obama's IRS targeting conservative groups prior to an election is certainly a much bigger issue than Christie's staff targeting a mayor who wasn't even asked for an endorsement. Especially given that Christie was going to win in a landslide anyway, but Obama's election was somewhat marginal.

It turned out that the IRS examined both liberal and conservative groups, as they should have. No one was "targeted." That's why the "scandal" went away.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 1:43
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
We're talking about an alleged abuse of political power to damage an opponent. Bringing up Obama's IRS targeting conservative groups prior to an election is certainly a much bigger issue...

It also has absolutely nothing to do with this entire incident.

There is no reason to bring it up, except as an attempt to deflect and distract from the glaring misconduct of the Christie administration.

Can anyone with a single brain cell argue that cone gate is more important than IRS gate? National election won by a small margin, vs a state level landslide?

So Obama administration misconduct affecting a national race that was close, or Christie administration misconduct affecting a landslide?

Posted on: 2014/1/10 1:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Chris Christie?s 2-hour pity party: A mix of narcissism and bullying

By Joan Walsh
Salon
Jan 9, 2014

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is a very sad person today.

That?s what he told us Thursday, in a two-hour implosion of narcissism, self-pity and even a little bullying, although he also reassured us, ?I am not a bully.? It was a shea-culpa: He blamed the George Washington Bridge scandal on Bridget Kelly, his deputy chief of staff, and said that he?d fired her without even talking to her, deriding her as ?stupid.?

Oh, and Kelly?s partner in the plot to punish Fort Lee?s Democratic Mayor Mark Sokolich, high school friend and Port Authority appointee David Wildstein? Not a high school friend. In fact, in high school Christie told us, ?I was the class president and an athlete, I don?t know what David was doing.? Burn. And Sokolich? Christie never met him ?although there are photos of the men meeting ? and in fact, ?I didn?t know his name until yesterday.?

In Christie?s telling, he was just another victim of the scandal: When he found out about the damning email published by the Bergen Record Wednesday morning, he?d just finished his workout for Chrissake! Over and over he said he?d been ?betrayed? by his staff and he was ?heartbroken.? He shared his ?stages of grief,? and confided he hasn?t reached the anger stage yet. ?The emotion I?ve been displaying in private is sad,? he said weirdly. ?I am a very sad person today.?

But he missed a chance to express sadness about the 91 year-old woman who died when paramedics were delayed by Fort Lee traffic, saying, ?It?s awful to hear,? but adding callously: ?I?ve also heard conflicting reports about the cause of death.?

?It?s awful to hear? was interesting phrasing, typical of the two-hour pity party: It focused on the experience of the person who heard the news, not the person who died or their family. It was all about Chris Christie.

More: http://www.salon.com/2014/01/09/chris ... _narcissism_and_bullying/

Posted on: 2014/1/10 1:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
We're talking about an alleged abuse of political power to damage an opponent. Bringing up Obama's IRS targeting conservative groups prior to an election is certainly a much bigger issue...

It also has absolutely nothing to do with this entire incident.

There is no reason to bring it up, except as an attempt to deflect and distract from the glaring misconduct of the Christie administration.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 1:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Binky wrote:
I hope the Koch Bros. pay a reasonable rate, because this is turning into a full time job! ROFL

Binky, read up a little bit re:Christie and the Koch Brothers. They're not as bi-partisan as he is, or I am. They weren't happy with Obama bro-hugging him in the Sandy aftermath.

Of course, they're plenty more bi-partisan than George Soros!

Posted on: 2014/1/10 1:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
http://www.nationaljournal.com/politi ... what-he-deserves-20140109

Conservatives are already sharpening their knives.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 1:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
I hope the Koch Bros. pay a reasonable rate, because this is turning into a full time job! ROFL

Posted on: 2014/1/10 1:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bogart wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Bogart wrote:
Quote:

Wasn't this year's mantra from the left 'elections have consequences'?

That was a remark President Obama made to Eric Cantor in 2009 about a policy dispute. It has nothing to do with petty retribution. Besides, the behavior at hand happened BEFORE the election.

It was used over and over by the looney left, trying to give Obama carte blanche on any policy he wanted to implement during his second term-ignoring, of course, that his margin of victory was less than in 08, and that voter turnout for his second election was lower as well.

Of course, even though it was a stretch, the botched roll out of the flawed 'signature' Obamacare put paid any idea of the election having consequences.

You know, the 650 million dollar failure which Obama hasn't fired a single person over, since we're talking about accountability in this thread.

It has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

I've noticed this behavior before. Right wing people like to argue a point by changing the subject to some alleged hypocrisy by the left which, invariably is not real.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 1:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

We have the head of the Democratic Party in NJ stalling Fulop, and you're outraged by Christie's staff rescheduling some meetings?

See?

P.S. They were not rescheduled. They were just cancelled.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 1:02
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
...but I thought Christie reaches across the aisle to do what's best! Now you're telling me he is also petty and spiteful if you don't support him and that it's ok because "elections have consequences.

Got to love those that want it both ways!

No need to try and twist my words. I'm just saying that in the gutter of Hudson County politics (which is more often than not internecine) some postponed meetings are a pothole on the length of the NJ Turnpike. We have the head of the Democratic Party in NJ stalling Fulop, and you're outraged by Christie's staff rescheduling some meetings? What did Fulop do to piss off Sweeney? Is GEDman Sweeney annoyed by the Goldman Sachsman?

Posted on: 2014/1/10 0:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Bogart wrote:
Quote:

That was a remark President Obama made to Eric Cantor in 2009 about a policy dispute. It has nothing to do with petty retribution. Besides, the behavior at hand happened BEFORE the election.

It was used over and over by the looney left, trying to give Obama carte blanche on any policy he wanted to implement during his second term-ignoring, of course, that his margin of victory was less than in 08, and that voter turnout for his second election was lower as well.

Of course, even though it was a stretch, the botched roll out of the flawed 'signature' Obamacare put paid any idea of the election having consequences.

You know, the 650 million dollar failure which Obama hasn't fired a single person over, since we're talking about accountability in this thread.

It has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

I've noticed this behavior before. Right wing people like to argue a point by changing the subject to some alleged hypocrisy by the left which, invariably is not real.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 0:50
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Pebble I tend to respect your intellect but on this I gotta say: go F*ck yourself. Please.

Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Holy sh*t Chester, you truly have lost touch with reality.

This is the very definition of irony.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 0:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
...but I thought Christie reaches across the aisle to do what's best! Now you're telling me he is also petty and spiteful if you don't support him and that it's ok because "elections have consequences.

Got to love those that want it both ways!

Posted on: 2014/1/10 0:42
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bogart wrote:
Quote:

Posted on: 2014/1/10 0:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 2014/1/10 0:28
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Finally some action. Law suit! If this was Paris or even the middle east people would be in the streets demanding he pack up and leave but this is America where we busy texting and watching reality shows.

A woman suing because one of her clients en route had a panic attack from a traffic jam?

In New Jersey?

In Fort Lee?

A traffic jam near the GWB?

That's a couple of million for sure.

I didn't like a couple of the canap?s at a party when I met Fulop a few weeks ago, and got some agita from the ones I ate. Who do I sue?

Posted on: 2014/1/10 0:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bogart wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Fulop was asked for an endorsement, and refused. Did I miss the Marin Blvd access lanes to the Holland Tunnel being diverted to the main access??

Fulop just announced that he had an all-day series of meetings with various state officials scheduled, to advance JC's interests, and within an hour of his decision not to endorse Christie, each of the state officials cancelled the meetings.

http://www.njbiz.com/article/20140109 ... op-on-Christie-comments:-'Gross-misrepresentation-of-the-facts

Right now Fulop's fish to fry is with state Democrat leader Sweeney-Christie's office has already stated that JC's new pension plans align with the state.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 0:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Fulop was asked for an endorsement, and refused. Did I miss the Marin Blvd access lanes to the Holland Tunnel being diverted to the main access??

Fulop added, "Nearly every single meeting we have requested with state commissioners with regard to proactive Jersey City issues has been unfortunately rejected over the last six months ? Cancellations include an entire day of meetings with state commissioners scheduled to be in Jersey City that was abruptly canceled, with each of the commissioners individually canceling within an hour of the time I communicated my intention to not endorse."

http://www.njbiz.com/article/20140109 ... op-on-Christie-comments:-'Gross-misrepresentation-of-the-facts

Posted on: 2014/1/10 0:02
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Finally some action. Law suit! If this was Paris or even the middle east people would be in the streets demanding he pack up and leave but this is America where we busy texting and watching reality shows.

Posted on: 2014/1/9 23:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
If Christie deserves to be deposed, he will be deposed.

I still think the bigger issue is weeding out the corruption in the PANYNJ, or shutting it down entirely. The existence of this patronage mill is central to this incident. What else have they "engineered"?

I agree; there may be a reason for some type of bi-state governance for river crossings, but the PA on its own has become an octopus with too many tentacles reaching in our pockets with sketchy accountability.

Posted on: 2014/1/9 23:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The daughter of the woman who died of cardiac arrest, with the couple of minutes ambulance delay, speaks out. So for whoever asked me 'what if it was your mother?' we have the answer from the ACTUAL women's daughter.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2014 ... html#incart_river_default

Posted on: 2014/1/9 23:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
If Christie deserves to be deposed, he will be deposed.

I still think the bigger issue is weeding out the corruption in the PANYNJ, or shutting it down entirely. The existence of this patronage mill is central to this incident. What else have they "engineered"?

Posted on: 2014/1/9 23:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Ft. Lee mayor today accepts Christie's apology, and states he believes that Christie had nothing to do with the lane alterations.

Carry on.

Posted on: 2014/1/9 23:42

« 1 ... 24 25 26 (27) 28 29 30 ... 41 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017