Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
42 user(s) are online (26 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 41

neverleft, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)

Re: Please Help Prato Bakery
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
or maybe there's more than one side to this story?

at least they aren't asking for money, the way amt is

Posted on: 2015/7/8 13:49
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Here is the text of the petition:

Prato Bakery is suffering. A neighbor who lives next door to the business has placed a complaint against the bakery, stopping the preparation of a community back garden, and forcing the bakery to remove all of their tables and chairs as of this morning while the dispute is resolved. This issue places strain on the business and it threatens not only its survival, but the thriving of the community.

Prato is a lovely little neighborhood hub, in the heart of the Jersey City, that offers as uniquely warm atmosphere and is frequented by neighbors and families.

We want to ask the community to support this petition to keep Prato Bakery open, and to encourage Steve Fulop (Mayor of Jersey City) to take action in defending a small business that adds a lot of value and vibrance to a rapidly flourishing community.

(This is utterly ridiculous. This guy expanded from NYC and chose Jersey City to move his business to. He worked for a year to open this place. He is a great guy and a great addition to the JC community. Bakeries do not have a great margin to begin with - impeding business like this could be very harmful. As 3rd noted, what's the real story here?)

Posted on: 2015/7/8 13:44
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
This is why we can't have nice things.. a bunch of complainers, that want a suburb feel in a downtown area. Idiots!
ditto!

Posted on: 2015/7/8 13:27
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
This is why we can't have nice things.. a bunch of complainers, that want a suburb feel in a downtown area. Idiots!

Posted on: 2015/7/8 13:23
Print Top

Please Help Prato Bakery
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
So I came across this petition on Change.org:

https://www.change.org/p/please-help-p ... gn=share_email_responsive

It's pretty unclear as to what the dispute is trying to resolve. I've never been to Prato but I guess they have an open back area that butts up against another property. This petition makes it sound like the complaint is trying to get Prato to close up shop, which to me doesn't make any sense. Seems like the simple answer is that if Prato wants an open area, they need to do it in a way that won't disturb the neighbor (if even possible). Anyone know what the real issue is here?

Posted on: 2015/7/8 13:17
Print Top

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017