Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Re: Coronavirus is now in Hudson County
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote: The only thing I urged by Dad and my wife to buy extra were prescription meds. So much of that stuff relies on ingredients made in China that it created one hell of a logistic disruption.

Yeah one scary thing that came out of the virus outbreak is the below. I never knew it.

WIRED: ?Ninety percent of the prescription drugs consumed in the United States are generics, and the majority of them are produced overseas, mostly in India and China?

Quote:

brewster wrote: Will there be guys standing on the corner wearing a mask saying: "Psst, need a roll? $10..."

The Stall - I Don't Have a Square to Spare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gysu0kgFwT0

Posted on: 2020/3/15 19:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:

Dude on JC Reddit thinks that stockpiling 200 rolls was not panic buying at all. People are bizarre.

Jersey City is now fining dollar stores for "price gouging". $10k per offense.

The other thing I noticed was cleaned out were the Ramen noodle packs.

The only thing I urged by Dad and my wife to buy extra were prescription meds. So much of that stuff relies on ingredients made in China that it created one hell of a logistic disruption.

Posted on: 2020/3/15 19:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Went to Stop&Shop yesterday... the toilet paper racks were completely cleaned out.

So you think we are at the beginning of something out of the movie "12 Monkeys" and the first thing you panic buy is toilet paper?

Dude on JC Reddit thinks that stockpiling 200 rolls was not panic buying at all. People are bizarre. After the Times story about the nationwide "capitalists" who stripped every dollar store within a 200 miles of their homes of masks and sanitizer to sell on Ebay, I guess anything is possible. Will there be guys standing on the corner wearing a mask saying: "Psst, need a roll? $10..."

Posted on: 2020/3/15 18:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Steven Fulop
@StevenFulop

I am sharing we have a 3rd positive #CoronaVirus case today. Male 80yo, JC Heights Resident. He has been in isolation. We are following up proactively w/all contacts, although of note for residents he has had limited interaction w/JC residents overall.

12:04 PM ? Mar 15, 2020

https://twitter.com/StevenFulop

Posted on: 2020/3/15 16:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
City of Jersey City
@JerseyCity

Important: We have a 2nd confirmed case in #JerseyCity - 61yo female living in downtown. We have already started outreach to all of her contacts and interactions, and we will do that proactively.

1:45 PM ? Mar 14, 2020?

https://twitter.com/JerseyCity

Posted on: 2020/3/14 17:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
From Ruben Ramos - Hoboken City Council

Due to COVID-19 the City of Hoboken has adopted the following policies:

Suspension of street cleaning: We recognize that if people are working from home, moving their cars is only encouraging additional travel within Hoboken. It is now suspended.

Closure of fields, recreation facilities and playgrounds: In addition to the closure of City fields and recreation facilities, we?re also taking the step to close playgrounds to children as a preventative measure. City parks will remain open with the exception of fields, recreation courts, playgrounds, and restrooms.

Closure of day cares, and pop-up camps for children: Unfortunately, day cares also contribute to the gathering of people, and we had to make the difficult decision to close them, out of an abundance of caution. We also will be prohibiting any day camps or pop-up camps for children through at least the end of next week, also as a precaution.

City Hall services available by phone, email or online only: To limit travel and congregation within City Hall, and to protect employees, we are closing City Hall to the public. However, services will continue to operate either within City Hall or remotely by employees. Members of the public must call the respective department in City Hall and speak to a representative or leave a message, or send an email to the respective employee or department head, that can be found at http://www.hobokennj.gov and choosing the ?departments? tab under ?government?.

As the most visited department in City Hall is the Hoboken Parking Utility, I?m glad to share that every single service that has been offered at the customer service window is now offered online.

I ask residents to please be patient as we work out some of the details within City Hall operations this upcoming week. However, we will do our absolute best to accommodate normal City services whenever possible.

Our Health Department continues to recommend practicing social distancing (remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings, and maintaining distance of approximately 6 feet from others), washing and sanitizing your hands frequently, and to work from home if you are able. As I?ve advised in previous communication, I am strongly discouraging any larger discretionary gatherings within our City. If you?ve planned an event, please consider rescheduling it to a later date.

Finally, we want to let all of Hoboken know that although we are in a period of uncertainty, we are one community and I know that we will get through this together. While it?s important to be prepared, it?s not a time to panic. Please be responsible when going to the supermarket and purchase only what you need for two weeks. This will allow others to gather goods they need as well.

And most importantly, please don?t forget to show kindness to one another, empathy to your neighbors, and lend a hand to those in need. Thank you to everyone for your continued patience and understanding.

Posted on: 2020/3/14 14:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
I went to my dentist in Hoboken yesterday, and there were a lot of cancellations. Probably the same people who is not afraid to crowd into Trader Joe's and buy everything that everybody touched.

------------------------------

Hoboken confirms first known case of coronavirus

Updated Mar 13, 2020; Posted Mar 13, 2020

By Teri West | The Jersey Journal

A man in his 40s is Hoboken?s first known coronavirus patient, Mayor Ravi Bhalla announced Friday.

The individual is in isolation at home and is experiencing mild symptoms, Bhalla said.

Hoboken?s health department is notifying people who have been in contact with the patient so that they can self-quarantine, he added. Residents are encouraged to call the health department at 201-420-2000 ext. 5211 if they believe they have been exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19.

?To be clear, we unfortunately anticipate the likelihood of additional positive COVID-19 cases to be confirmed in the days and weeks ahead, which have not yet been discovered,? Bhalla said. ?However, we are doing everything possible to limit the spread of COVID-19 through proactive measures and regulations. I greatly appreciate the community?s cooperation during this challenging time.?

The Hoboken case is Hudson County?s third reported case of the coronavirus. Jersey City announced its first presumptive positive case Friday morning, a 41-year-old woman who lives Downtown. The county?s first patient was a 32-year-old resident of West New York.

https://www.nj.com/hudson/2020/03/hobo ... -case-of-coronavirus.html

Posted on: 2020/3/14 13:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
.3/13/2020 tweet:

JCParking
@JCParking

With #JerseyCity schools closing next week, we are going to suspend alternate side of the street parking rules next week. Many ppl are being encouraged to work from home & many parents will be home w/children so we want to do our best to make it as easy as possible for everyone.

Posted on: 2020/3/13 23:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Just a thought as I was out and about today. Much of our city and county is run by small businesses - often family run stores, restaurants and services that help us in innumerable ways. With the mandated closings across our area, many of these small businesses will be hit very hard. Margins are already tight - and a loss of even a few days of revenue can be the end of a locally owned business. Let's be thoughtful in the coming days and try to support our locally owned small businesses. Shop there, offer support, offer expertise, tip better than you're expected to, etc.

If you have the ability and the choice, I know our local business owners will appreciate it greatly. Just my two cents.

Posted on: 2020/3/13 22:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/29 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone know where in exactly downtown this first case is?
https://www.roi-nj.com/2020/03/13/heal ... -first-coronavirus-cases/

Posted on: 2020/3/13 18:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City Public Schools are closed next week - robo call 5:43pm 3/12/2020

Posted on: 2020/3/13 1:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

davork wrote:
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
...The biggest worry now is Italy and rest of Europe, people there are still rallying en mass on the street without masks to protest against government quarantine, just nuts.

So I work for a large investment company in Europe (used to live in JC, still re-appear ever fee months). Said company has offices all over. There are no 'mass protests' against goverment quarantine - where on earth are you getting this stuff?

And as for stopping people from Europe (including the island of iceland and excluding the British Isles (including Ireland)), seems a bit daft considering the lack of testing in the US means that a visitor is more likely to go back to europe with covad-19 than bring it to the US...

To clarify, I mean Italy not all Europe.

https://youtu.be/IGBO5YGynr0

Look at around 1:30 no one is wearing mask also

There is another night protest video my friend sent me in wechat, it was packed in narrow streets chanting something

Posted on: 2020/3/12 15:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If you were part of the Grace Church Van Vorst community, you may remember Rev. Janet Broderick. She has been diagnosed with coronavirus:

NY Post Article

Posted on: 2020/3/12 14:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/12 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
US is definitely behind the eight ball in testing. CDC screwed up there.

Posted on: 2020/3/12 13:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Went to Stop&Shop yesterday... the toilet paper racks were completely cleaned out.

So you think we are at the beginning of something out of the movie "12 Monkeys" and the first thing you panic buy is toilet paper?

Posted on: 2020/3/12 12:27

Hide User information
Last Login :
2/3 16:32
From New Brunswick, US
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
...The biggest worry now is Italy and rest of Europe, people there are still rallying en mass on the street without masks to protest against government quarantine, just nuts.

So I work for a large investment company in Europe (used to live in JC, still re-appear ever fee months). Said company has offices all over. There are no 'mass protests' against goverment quarantine - where on earth are you getting this stuff?

And as for stopping people from Europe (including the island of iceland and excluding the British Isles (including Ireland)), seems a bit daft considering the lack of testing in the US means that a visitor is more likely to go back to europe with covad-19 than bring it to the US...

Posted on: 2020/3/12 7:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:

Majority of people still not wearing masks, i see tons of people together by weehawken play ground all with kids playing together. How dumb can you get, those same people will go into full panic mode in a few weeks.

To be fair, you can't get masks right now. My wife has a few left over (she has been wearing them because of chemo), but can't get more. Her sister is an RN and they are running out of them in her facility as well.

Turns out most of the masks are made in China which is undergoing a severe supply chain disruption.

If the official Chinese numbers are to be believed, new cases are dropping to zero due to the aggressive quarantines. So maybe trade will resume in the next 30 days or so...

The country to watch will be South Korea. They have instituted the equivalent of drive-thru testing and are basically testing the entire country.

You can still get them from eBay pretty easily at $1 per mask. Just have to smart and search for below criteria. I bought 200 3M and medline masks for $250 total came in 2 days all new sealed.

1) search for brand name 3M or medline surgical mask in quantities of 50 or 100, don?t fall for the no brand crap on top of the search results
2) check to make sure seller is US based, not new seller, and has 1000+ 99%+ feedbacks
3) check seller is selling in volume with at least 100+ units sold daily.

There are still plenty on eBay. Amazon and google is all scams or low quality crap from China now, so don?t bother.

??-

Situation in China - I have many family and friends there on the ground. The situation is completely under control now. Shanghai - China?s most populated financial capital hasn?t had a single case in 5 days, everyone is going back to work and everything is reopening now. Everyone still wear masks though, govt sends them to every household free weekly. Wuhan the epicenter still has new cases but it is very low volume, they already got rid of like 10 temporary hospital because they all empty now, and the city is still completely sealed off.

Now the biggest worry ironically is people coming into china. There is a mandatory 14 day quarantine as condition to allow entry. Once you arrive and screened, you are given mask if don?t have, and government bus takes you directly to your home/hotel, then you stay there for 14 days, if you try to leave you get placed in public quarantine..

??-

South Korea seem to be getting it under control due to their unbelievable good testing and coordinated response. The biggest worry now is Italy and rest of Europe, people there are still rallying en mass on the street without masks to protest against government quarantine, just nuts. India is also a big worry, if it starts it will spread like wildfire due to the density and lack of good public health system.

Don?t think I ever see myself say this, but I agree with trump for implementing the travel restrictions from Europe.

Posted on: 2020/3/12 4:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Mayor Fulops twitter 3/11/2020

1/3 Important: As of now, we have no confirmed cases in Jersey City but we want to be as proactive as possible due to the fact cases are increasing around us. As a result we are taking reasonable steps and giving CLEAR direction to the community on actions ...

2/3 We are canceling all #JerseyCity sponsored (or JC involved events). We will reassess in 1-week. Events include the JC St Patrick?s Day Parade, JCPD graduation ceremony, senior events, planning board, zoning board, most recreation events etc. - we are also going to cont

3/3 give clear directive to venues that will be hosting private groups of more than 25 ppl to maintain attendance/contact info in the case of confirmed cases + the need to track potential contacts. We?ll leave these policies in place until we see a decrease in confirmed NJ cases

Posted on: 2020/3/12 1:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
City of Jersey City Coronavirus website

https://www.jerseycitynj.gov/cms/One.a ... d=6189744&pageId=16490629

Impressive - the info should be translated into different languages into a PDF. The 24 hour hotline is great. I didn't know about the MREs.

Posted on: 2020/3/11 1:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2020/3/10 23:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Saw on the TV at the place I was getting lunch that China is claiming to be restarting their economy. The presenter stated the pollution shows this to be true.

That appears to be the case:

http://aqicn.org/map//

Though air quality is still less bad than what you would normally see.

So maybe China does have this thing under control?

Posted on: 2020/3/10 18:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I wished I save some of the notices from the NYC department of health mailed to schools. The notices were sent to remind schools all students should have their inoculations. It would list the number of diseases found in school children from the immigrant school population -measles, TB, smallpox, etc. These diseases affected the elderly and the very young but media totally ignore what was going on. https://sma.org/illegal-immigration-an ... at-of-infectious-disease/

Posted on: 2020/3/10 16:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the info MDM - you always have good updates. They are appreciated.

Posted on: 2020/3/10 14:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:

Majority of people still not wearing masks, i see tons of people together by weehawken play ground all with kids playing together. How dumb can you get, those same people will go into full panic mode in a few weeks.

To be fair, you can't get masks right now. My wife has a few left over (she has been wearing them because of chemo), but can't get more. Her sister is an RN and they are running out of them in her facility as well.

Turns out most of the masks are made in China which is undergoing a severe supply chain disruption.

If the official Chinese numbers are to be believed, new cases are dropping to zero due to the aggressive quarantines. So maybe trade will resume in the next 30 days or so...

The country to watch will be South Korea. They have instituted the equivalent of drive-thru testing and are basically testing the entire country.

Posted on: 2020/3/10 13:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/14 12:32
From Badashaw
Group:
Registered Users
TANKS FOR THE ""PSA"" MOM !!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2020/3/10 13:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Good analysis from an epidemiologist Dr. John Campbell. He updates daily.

https://youtu.be/FZV9z0RVhy4

Posted on: 2020/3/10 13:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Re-posting:

This is a decent twitter feed for info:

https://twitter.com/drericding?lang=en

Posted on: 2020/3/10 13:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I have been monitoring posts from people working in ERs and other medical care facilities. This post is similar to what I have been reading elsewhere, but in more detail. The poster is someone working in an ER in Miami, FL.

The ER where I am doing training is taking this dead serious. It is packed constantly and now we have new protocols (eye protection, constant disinfection, and protective clothing). In Miami they cancelled the WMC, Ultra, and several other events. The virus is vulnerable to UVB rays, yet the cases keep coming. The only bright spot appears to be the lack of young children with symptoms (likely due to their constant exposure to a multitude of coronavirus variants and other viruses plus their young immune systems), otherwise it is pretty bad. The worst part is that it is flu season so we have people with severe flu as well as Covid, there are no test kits, and a huge elderly population. This last two weeks have really tested me emotionally, mentally, and physically. It took months for me to gain emotional distance from all the crap I would see in the ER, but this is really tough to deal with. The team I work with , including the director, are really pulling their weight. I can honestly say that I am proud to learn from these guys, they are giving all.

For the record, this is way worse than the news or the government is telling you. For every postive case reported there are 1000 with the virus. 3-14 days from infection to symptoms, the people testing positive now have had the illness for at least a week before the symptoms made them seek medical attention.

Follow-up post:

I have 12 hours off before I go back in to the ER. I have worked 72 hours straight . This is a pandemic, don't let people tell you otherwise. The problem is not the virus as much as the virus and usual conditions (chronic disease). There are so many people with Diabetes, on corticosteroids, CAD, regular flu, unvaccinated FOB people, flu , elderly people with chronic conditions and now Covid. There are no tests for Covid. We have to test for everything then if everything is negative then we diagnose covid if the gram stain, culture, sputum culture and Xray are negative for everything else. Self isolation is not working, people are not doing it and we are losing staff to infection. I have not seen so much bilateral lung issues in my life. The worst is when people have signs or sore throat and some rihnorheaa and you know the deterioration is coming. The inflammatory fluid begins to collect in the lungs and you see the pulse oxy drop and it is ICU time, ventilators, and another bed full. The United States needs to quarantine all people over 65, close nursing homes, open supplemental healthcare facilities, and cancel public events. We need to bit the bullet until May- no religious services, political rallies, movie theaters, gyms, or sporting events. People need to isolate and hold it together until it is warm- the lack of significant cases in Africa is promising that warm weather may give us relief. Saint Patrick's day should be canceled too. I am passing out until next shift, but make no mistake the government is downplaying this to stop panic. They would be better served by leveling with the public and telling people to stay home if not essential, forgo public events, and stay away from hospitals and close nursing homes. We need to get to summer.

Posted on: 2020/3/10 12:41

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/14 12:32
From Badashaw
Group:
Registered Users
TANKS FOR THE ""PSA"" !!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2020/3/10 11:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
we are only at the first inning here in the US, NY/NJ. Every outbreak in other cities italy, s korea, and wuhan. All follow the exact same timeline.

1) A few cases reported - noone cares
2) 1 - 2 weeks later - 100-200 cases reported, people became concerned but still doesn't care
3) 3+ weeks onward- full blown outbreak, everyone panics and city shuts down.

Follow the same timeframe, look for mid to late march for this to happen here. It will get a lot worse in cities like NYC / Hudson where people jam pack onto subways, buses, and light rails.

Last point - masks. Everyone should wear masks, it's NOT to protect you from catching the virus (although it is somewhat effective if used properly). It is to protect OTHERS from getting the virus from you. Mask is highly effective to prevent your crap from going out to other people in case you are sick and don't know it.

That's the key thing how wuhan/china is able to get the virus under control. Everyone there must wear mask as a policy, so even if you are sick and walk around other people, chance of you spreading it to them is very low.

US and Europe, people seem to have this negative misconception about mask, as if afraid of being labeled sick. When in fact, it's the opposite and the responsible thing to do, to ensure you dont spread it to other people if infected.

/rant off

stay safe, work from home if possible, and good luck.

Posted on: 2020/3/10 2:13

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017