Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 88

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Harassed by teens on Manila and 4th
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/14 15:55
Group:
Registered Users
Agree with Ripple. They should re-develop that stretch...maybe housing for police or other civil servants.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 12:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
gstorm17, sorry to hear you got harassed.

Quote:

ripple wrote:
I almost think it makes sense to redevelop the projects along Manila based solely on the value of the land they sit on.

Why do you think these kids live in the projects?

? Filipinos own several of the private homes on Manila.

? Villa Borinquen (the high rise between 2nd and 3rd) is not a project, it's Section 8 and (afaik) mostly Hispanic. That means the building is privately owned, by the way.

? Most of the residents of the low-income housing between Manila and Marin, around 3rd and 4th, are Hispanic. In fact, I don't recall ever seeing any Filipinos there.

? We don't even know where these individuals live.

? Harassment is not the sole domain of "kids who live in the projects." There's plenty of well-off kids and adults who harass people on the street.

On a side note, low income families have just as much right to live in Downtown JC as anywhere else.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 1:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
at what point does one let this bullshit happen? whether it's profanities at the street level or road rage from idiots? I propose that we should be allowed to break some heads to teach these idiots. I had a road rage incident today where an idiot decided to to cut in front of me, coming from a Stop sign, where I had to brake hard and maneuver to avoid a collision. When I yelled something to this asshole, he had the balls to follow me to ask if "I was Happy (to be yelling at him)".

Posted on: 2013/4/29 1:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Maybe keep the streets safe from harassment

and how do you propose to do that.
so terribly sorry your feelings were hurt by random a#$)oles, but seriously.

random harassment is something the cops need to be patrolling for? how?

nothing wrong with calling the non emergency number and telling the police that there are a bunch of people being aggressive di&^@heads somewhere, yelling and cursing at people, but honestly, stop and think about this for a second.

with all the stuff that goes on in a big city, the police are somehow supposed to 'keep the streets safe from harassment'.

gimme a break. adult up and move on with life.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 0:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/18 14:09
Group:
Registered Users
For better or worse, all of us live in a city where someone at some point thought it would be a good idea to put public housing projects next to (what would eventually be) prime real estate. I have mixed feelings, but I almost think it makes sense to redevelop the projects along Manila based solely on the value of the land they sit on.

Quote:

gstorm17 wrote:
Was just walking down to Grove St Path down Manila street. Something which I do almost every day. Today there was a group(3) of us headed there we got to 4th and we heard yelling from across the street coming from some kids who had to be in their late teens early 20's. they were calling us fat and swearing. I asked if he had a problem and he told me to suck his d*ck and and other derogatory terms regarding our sexuality. We left and walked a couple of blocks. And decided that it was unacceptable to be treated this way and decided to report it to the non emergency number at the nearby district. Essentially we recounted what happened but what pissed me off more than the whole instance that started this was the response from the police which was "what do you want us to do?" I don't know. Maybe keep the streets safe from harassment and make this city the safe on that the politicians are calling a pedestrian city. They said they would send a car but we did not stick around to see if they came.

So disappointed.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 0:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

gstorm17 wrote:some kids who had to be in their late teens early 20's.

Sorry to hear this happened to you, and it sounds like they should be charged with obscenity. Can you provide a little more description of them?

Posted on: 2013/4/28 23:47

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/7 20:03
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
You got it.
Phil Raleigh is his name - he's great, I only have his mobile # so will pm it to you in a sec.

Posted on: 2013/4/28 21:37
...Sometimes I Bleed

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/13 18:23
Group:
Registered Users
Actually that would be a contact that would be very useful in this matter. Could you point me in the direction of where I could find that contact info.

Posted on: 2013/4/28 21:34

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/7 20:03
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Not sure if it's this issue but if it is in terms of "other derogatory terms regarding our sexuality" please contact the GLBT liason within the JCPD. He is very helpful when others are not, and this should always be reported.

Posted on: 2013/4/28 21:30
...Sometimes I Bleed

Harassed by teens on Manila and 4th

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/13 18:23
Group:
Registered Users
Was just walking down to Grove St Path down Manila street. Something which I do almost every day. Today there was a group(3) of us headed there we got to 4th and we heard yelling from across the street coming from some kids who had to be in their late teens early 20's. they were calling us fat and swearing. I asked if he had a problem and he told me to suck his d*ck and and other derogatory terms regarding our sexuality. We left and walked a couple of blocks. And decided that it was unacceptable to be treated this way and decided to report it to the non emergency number at the nearby district. Essentially we recounted what happened but what pissed me off more than the whole instance that started this was the response from the police which was "what do you want us to do?" I don't know. Maybe keep the streets safe from harassment and make this city the safe on that the politicians are calling a pedestrian city. They said they would send a car but we did not stick around to see if they came.

So disappointed.

Posted on: 2013/4/28 21:18

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017