Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
65 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 65

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Dogs in Laundromat
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
This is a brilliant opportunity for dog owners to eliminate wait times for machines and dryers. Bring your dog along and watch the whiners flee for their pathetic, OCD lives.

Posted on: 2013/1/2 17:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BeatrixKiddo wrote:
A dog or cat or any animal is fucking gross in a laundromat. It's gross. I have cats and don't force them on people. It's bad enough you have to clean your shit in a public area, having an animal there is complete ass. F#CK this place and move on.

Why do you despise "cleaning your stuff" in a public place ? Have you taken this issue up with your landlord, co-op, or condo association and been told that use of laundry facilities were not permited on the premises ?

Posted on: 2013/1/2 14:04
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:

Edit: To the OP, you're complaining about the "owner's dog", too. What are you talking about? The only people in there are either the hispanic lady or the chinese couple and their daughter - and I've never seen either of them bringing in their own pet.

To answer your question, yes the Asian owners have a little toy dog. I have no idea what kind it is but it's one of those miniature things and it runs around. Also, customers do bring their dogs with them. I go to the laundromat 2x/week - generally on the weekends but not always - and I'd say 50% of the time there's at least one dog there.

Posted on: 2013/1/2 12:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
I've been going there for over a decade, and pets in there are pretty much a rarity still. I see people collecting their laundry from pickup bring their dogs in, and on rare occasions (I mean maybe twice in a year?), someone brings it in while actually doing their laundry. Perhaps you're going at a time I've yet to be in regularly, but I'm not seeing pets on anything approaching a regular basis other than occasional people gathering their drop off clothing.

Basically, I just don't see the problem.

And jeez, even if there's a dog over in the corner, it's not on the tables where you're folding, so there's not going to be hair everywhere. There's no "doggy smell" from one pup chilling for an hour in a place where the door is opened and closed as often as that.

Seriously, some people just aren't happy unless they're complaining about something =\

Edit: To the OP, you're complaining about the "owner's dog", too. What are you talking about? The only people in there are either the hispanic lady or the chinese couple and their daughter - and I've never seen either of them bringing in their own pet.

Posted on: 2013/1/2 8:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
A dog or cat or any animal is fucking gross in a laundromat. It's gross. I have cats and don't force them on people. It's bad enough you have to clean your shit in a public area, having an animal there is complete ass. F#CK this place and move on.

Posted on: 2013/1/2 4:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Does anyone know if there is any kind of code against dogs in laundromats?

I frequent Lucky Laundromat and there is almost always at least 1 dog in there (both belonging to the owners and also customers bring their pets). Personally I think it's frustrating, because I'm CLEANING my clothes and there are dogs there with their fur and "doggy smell" getting on freshly cleaned things. I have no problem with dogs, I just don't think a laundromat is where they belong.

Yes, I realize a laundromat is entirely different than a restaurant, and my complaint is more a pet peeve (haha, pun intended) than a health concern.

Any thoughts?

If you have a problem with the business, then don't go there. Problem solved and we don't need a law for this.

Posted on: 2013/1/2 2:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
The liability factor should be the biggest reason not to have a dog there. I have a big dog, totally trust worthy. Your dog may be the same but under a noisy condition, with lots of strange people running around you cannot tell. And then there is the my dog doesn't like your dog for some dumb reason factor.

Posted on: 2013/1/2 0:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
If you're not concerned about washing your dirty drawers after your fellow laundrmates have used the same machine to wash theirs in cold water, you really shouldn't be that concerned about dogs.

To use an expression I learned when I moved to JC, Laundromats make me skeeve.

You might want to spray the washer, dryer and folding table with Lysol; probably good for whatever might ail you, blood or feces - borne pathogens and doggie related issues.

Posted on: 2013/1/1 16:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Not sure I see the problem. Customers can take their business elsewhere if they don't like the presence of dogs. Also, service dogs are allowed pretty much everywhere. Don't be shocked if you see one in your favorite restaurant.

And when they do take their business elsewhere the owner of the place will realize his short coming in more ways than one. Al least the service dog is well behaved and knows protocol.

Posted on: 2013/1/1 11:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Not sure I see the problem. Customers can take their business elsewhere if they don't like the presence of dogs. Also, service dogs are allowed pretty much everywhere. Don't be shocked if you see one in your favorite restaurant.

Posted on: 2013/1/1 7:58

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/4 2:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

I am a dog owner (two of them) Pit and a lab and neither of them belong in a laundromat. Some people are allergic and some folks just don't like em.

Just because you love dogs, does not mean the rest of the world has to deal with them in a place where dogs are not expected.

Well said!

Posted on: 2013/1/1 2:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
And on the last day of 2012 this story trumps all others as not only the worst thing that happened this year but also the worst thing that ever happened.

Posted on: 2013/1/1 0:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/17 14:03
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DTNJC wrote:
Wow, that is disgusting. I would never go there again.

I think the gigantic roaches are more the reason why I would never go back there though I think dogs don't belong in laundromats.

Posted on: 2012/12/31 21:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
I'm pretty sure pet restrictions only apply to restaurants, delis, or other places that sell food. Why don't you just tell them to bathe their dog or something? As long as you're not rubbing your clothes all over the dogs, I can't see how this is really a problem.

I am a dog owner (two of them) Pit and a lab and neither of them belong in a laundromat. Some people are allergic and some folks just don't like em.

Just because you love dogs, does not mean the rest of the world has to deal with them in a place where dogs are not expected.

Posted on: 2012/12/31 18:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
I'm pretty sure pet restrictions only apply to restaurants, delis, or other places that sell food. Why don't you just tell them to bathe their dog or something? As long as you're not rubbing your clothes all over the dogs, I can't see how this is really a problem.

Posted on: 2012/12/31 18:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Call the department of health in J.C.
Health Complaints: (201) 547-5285
http://www.cityofjerseycity.com/hhs.aspx?id=1444
Also find out who their insurance company is that will keep the dogs out.

Posted on: 2012/12/31 17:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DTNJC wrote:

Good. Less wait for the rest of us.

Posted on: 2012/12/31 15:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/4 14:06
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/12/31 15:22

Dogs in Laundromat
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know if there is any kind of code against dogs in laundromats?

I frequent Lucky Laundromat and there is almost always at least 1 dog in there (both belonging to the owners and also customers bring their pets). Personally I think it's frustrating, because I'm CLEANING my clothes and there are dogs there with their fur and "doggy smell" getting on freshly cleaned things. I have no problem with dogs, I just don't think a laundromat is where they belong.

Yes, I realize a laundromat is entirely different than a restaurant, and my complaint is more a pet peeve (haha, pun intended) than a health concern.

Any thoughts?

Posted on: 2012/12/31 14:36

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017