Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
85 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 85

more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




« 1 (2)


Re: Cuban letter writer is upset: Che Guevara used in Hard Grove Cafe ad
#18
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/9/20 1:32
Last Login :
2015/7/9 8:04
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 15
Offline
The fact is Che is a political icon throughout the world. Che means struggle for your rights by any means necessary. A true internationalist he fought in Cuba, the Congo and Bolivia.

A generation later Cuban internationalists - with the spirit of Che - broke the back of apartheid South Africa as freedom fighters in Angola.

And today hundreds of Cuban doctors are working in Haiti with the same spirit and with no demands for insurance cards or co-payments.

As for the right-wing Cubans - just take a look at Union City and West New York politics over the last 30 years!

Posted on: 2010/1/20 7:09
 Top 


Re: Cuban letter writer is upset: Che Guevara used in Hard Grove Cafe ad
#17
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/9/14 17:44
Last Login :
2016/3/14 17:57
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 310
Offline
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
I agree that communism was a bad answer to the Batista regime but we'd be a lot closer to ending communism in Cuba if Cuban Americans would allow free trade with Cuba.

OK, I stopped laughing.
Cuban Americans don't run our government.

Posted on: 2010/1/20 5:29
 Top 


Re: Cuban letter writer is upset: Che Guevara used in Hard Grove Cafe ad
#16
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/7/5 17:15
Last Login :
2010/8/27 23:48
Group:
Banned
Posts: 271
Offline
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
I agree that communism was a bad answer to the Batista regime but we'd be a lot closer to ending communism in Cuba if Cuban Americans would allow free trade with Cuba.


Truth.

Posted on: 2010/1/20 5:15
 Top 


Re: Cuban letter writer is upset: Che Guevara used in Hard Grove Cafe ad
#15
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/9/14 17:44
Last Login :
2016/3/14 17:57
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 310
Offline
Quote:

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityPower wrote:
Dirt...YOU are upset about things that NEVER HAPPENED.


I'm stating that what he wanted to do what immoral and indefensible. No more, no less.


Quote:

I however, am relating to YOU the HISTORICAL FACT of the terrorist action of missles being fired at the U.N in NYC.

Why aren't YOU upset about THAT terrorist action?


I'm not upset at that terrorist action? From what part of my posts did you get that straw man argument?

Wow.

A + B, therefore C = D.

Posted on: 2010/1/20 5:07
 Top 


Re: Cuban letter writer is upset: Che Guevara used in Hard Grove Cafe ad
#14
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/11/27 12:04
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1205
Offline
I agree that communism was a bad answer to the Batista regime but we'd be a lot closer to ending communism in Cuba if Cuban Americans would allow free trade with Cuba.

Posted on: 2010/1/20 4:45
 Top 


Re: Cuban letter writer is upset: Che Guevara used in Hard Grove Cafe ad
#13
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/7/5 17:15
Last Login :
2010/8/27 23:48
Group:
Banned
Posts: 271
Offline
Quote:

JerseyCityPower wrote:
Dirt...YOU are upset about things that NEVER HAPPENED.


I'm stating that what he wanted to do what immoral and indefensible. No more, no less.


Quote:

I however, am relating to YOU the HISTORICAL FACT of the terrorist action of missles being fired at the U.N in NYC.

Why aren't YOU upset about THAT terrorist action?


I'm not upset at that terrorist action? From what part of my posts did you get that straw man argument?

Posted on: 2010/1/20 4:01
 Top 


Re: Cuban letter writer is upset: Che Guevara used in Hard Grove Cafe ad
#12
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/6/20 16:54
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 436
Offline
I have a suggestion for all of those who are bothered by the lack of service, bad food, pretentious atmosphere or poor choice of advertising that bothers you about this place. La Isla in Hoboken has fabulous Cuban food.

God, I miss Dominic Santana.

Posted on: 2010/1/20 2:14
 Top 


Re: Cuban letter writer is upset: Che Guevara used in Hard Grove Cafe ad
#11
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/12/13 14:56
Last Login :
2010/7/21 18:47
Group:
Banned
Posts: 81
Offline
Dirt...YOU are upset about things that NEVER HAPPENED.

I however, am relating to YOU the HISTORICAL FACT of the terrorist action of missles being fired at the U.N in NYC.

Why aren't YOU upset about THAT terrorist action?

Posted on: 2010/1/20 2:01
 Top 


Re: Cuban letter writer is upset: Che Guevara used in Hard Grove Cafe ad
#10
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/7/5 17:15
Last Login :
2010/8/27 23:48
Group:
Banned
Posts: 271
Offline
Quote:

JerseyCityPower wrote:
Dirt...:

Are YOU saying YOU support and defend the terrorist action of firing missles at the United Nations building?


Are YOU saying YOU support straw man's arguments? :)

Posted on: 2010/1/20 1:58
 Top 


Re: Cuban letter writer is upset: Che Guevara used in Hard Grove Cafe ad
#9
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/7/5 17:15
Last Login :
2010/8/27 23:48
Group:
Banned
Posts: 271
Offline
Quote:

JerseyCityPower wrote:
But HE DID NOT even try.

People say things all the time to sound TOUGH...for instance.. "Im gonna kill...so-and-so."



He did not have the power to shoot them. He said if he did, he would have.

Quote:


HOWEVER--

RIGHT-WING CUBANS here in the USA....DID fire missles AT the United Nations Building...and DID try to assassinate Che Guevara--which WOULD have murdered OTHERS along with him.

FACT!

YOU keep denying THAT!

(The missles fell short and fell in river...!)


What have I denied?

Posted on: 2010/1/20 1:57
 Top 


Re: Cuban letter writer is upset: Che Guevara used in Hard Grove Cafe ad
#8
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/12/13 14:56
Last Login :
2010/7/21 18:47
Group:
Banned
Posts: 81
Offline
Dirt...:

Are YOU saying YOU support and defend the terrorist action of firing missles at the United Nations building?

Posted on: 2010/1/20 1:54
 Top 


Re: Cuban letter writer is upset: Che Guevara used in Hard Grove Cafe ad
#7
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/12/13 14:56
Last Login :
2010/7/21 18:47
Group:
Banned
Posts: 81
Offline
But HE DID NOT even try.

People say things all the time to sound TOUGH...for instance.. "Im gonna kill...so-and-so."

HOWEVER--

RIGHT-WING CUBANS here in the USA....DID fire missles AT the United Nations Building...and DID try to assassinate Che Guevara--which WOULD have murdered OTHERS along with him.

FACT!

YOU keep denying THAT!

(The missles fell short and fell in river...!)

Posted on: 2010/1/20 1:52
 Top 


Re: Cuban letter writer is upset: Che Guevara used in Hard Grove Cafe ad
#6
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/7/5 17:15
Last Login :
2010/8/27 23:48
Group:
Banned
Posts: 271
Offline
Quote:

JerseyCityPower wrote:
THE ABOVE POSTER WROTE:
"If Che had it his way, he would have *NUKED* New York City during the Cuban Missile Crisis."

Well, Che Guevara...didn't do that.



Only because he couldn't. So keep defending someone who wanted to kill innocent people.

Posted on: 2010/1/20 1:42
 Top 


Re: Cuban letter writer is upset: Che Guevara used in Hard Grove Cafe ad
#5
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/2/7 5:08
Last Login :
2014/2/7 5:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 105
Offline
Exactly JerseyCityPower. Remember we are talking about folks (Cubans and Cuban-Americans) who were brain washed their entire lives. They only know the lies they were told.

Posted on: 2010/1/20 1:27
 Top 


Re: Cuban letter writer is upset: Che Guevara used in Hard Grove Cafe ad
#4
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/12/13 14:56
Last Login :
2010/7/21 18:47
Group:
Banned
Posts: 81
Offline
THE ABOVE POSTER WROTE:
"If Che had it his way, he would have *NUKED* New York City during the Cuban Missile Crisis."

Well, Che Guevara...didn't do that.

HOWEVER, ultra-right-wing Cuban's DID fire missles at the UNITED NATIONS building while Che Guevara was giving a speech there.

THAT was something that DID happen. A FACT.

A TERRORIST act by right-wing Cubans on USA soil!

Che's crime? Standing up to U.S imperialism.

After all wasn't the U.S. mafia and other organized crime plaguing Cuba?

Posted on: 2010/1/20 1:03
 Top 


Re: Cuban letter writer is upset: Che Guevara used in Hard Grove Cafe ad
#3
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/1/19 22:31
Last Login :
2010/1/19 22:32
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1
Offline
I wholeheartedly agree. I am Cuban-American and I live 3 blocks from this place. When I first moved here, I thought, "ahh, a Cuban restaurant where I will become a regular."

Then I saw their Che posters and paraphernalia and I told them they just lost a customer.



If Che had it his way, he would have *NUKED* New York City during the Cuban Missile Crisis. In his own words:

"If the missiles had remained, we would have used them against the very heart of America including New York. We must never establish peaceful coexistence. In this struggle to the death between two systems we must gain the ultimate victory. We must walk the path of liberation even if it costs millions of atomic victims."

Che Guevara might seem to be a heroic revolutionary figure, but what people don't know is that he is responsible for hundreds upon hundreds of executions as well as the oppression of millions of Cubans.
http://www.slate.com/id/2107100/

Posted on: 2010/1/19 22:40
 Top 


Re: Cuban letter writer is upset: Che Guevara used in Hard Grove Cafe ad
#2
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined:
2005/6/13 22:45
Last Login :
2010/5/21 2:29
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 44
Offline
Using a photo of Che for their restaurant ad is peanuts in comparison to what food they serve there and call "Cuban". That alone is insulting enough. I'm Cuban and whoever decided to do that ad is a moron.... but then look at how the Hard Grove is run. I'm not surprised.

(Che is a extremely sensitive subject for many Cubans - I once had to carry my mother screaming out of a bakery in Soho because one of the counter people happen to mention how they thought Fidel Castro was a great historical figure. ugg.)

Posted on: 2010/1/19 17:11
 Top 


Cuban letter writer is upset: Che Guevara used in Hard Grove Cafe ad
#1
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/9/15 19:03
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 9302
Offline
Resized Image

Letter: Shame on you for using Che Guevara in Jersey City Cuban restaurant ad

By Agustin C. Torres/The Jersey Journal
January 19, 2010, 12:01AM

Letter writer is upset that Che Guevara is used in a Jersey City Cuban restaurant ad.

When I turned to Page 12 of The Jersey Journal, I got shocked with the Hard Grove Cafe ad.

I have been there a few times, the owner was Cuban, I don't know if it still is the same person, if you are, shame on you. I know this is a free country, but do you remember what Che did to your country and tried to do in South America, etc.? I came to the USA when I was 13 years old, but I read my history and family always made sure I did not forget what happened in Cuba and the names of all those responsible. One of them Che Guevara, he was not even Cuban (thank God).

A person that is not Cuban might not know who Che was and even wear a T-shirt with his face on it, I might forgive their ignorance, but a Cuban? There is no forgiveness for you, again, shame on you. Don't just go to the movies and see a picture that shows "what a nice guy he was," read, instruct yourself before making such a big mistake and insulting the Cuban community.

I guess I can save more money now not going to this restaurant, I do not support anything, any business or anybody that uses communists and murderers on their advertisements.

ELSA M. GORDON
WEEHAWKEN

Posted on: 2010/1/19 15:57
 Top 




« 1 (2)




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017