Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Lipski responds regarding controversial coach hiring for CREATE Charter Schoo
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Quote:
But I (Lipski) sat with Coach Sullivan on several occasions and realized it was a mutual fit.?

'nuff said.

Posted on: 2009/1/11 0:45

Re: Lipski responds regarding controversial coach hiring for CREATE Charter Schoo
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
?We had been discussing it for years,? Lipski said. ?The kids have always voiced an interest IN PEEING ON PEOPLE and they?ve been eager to PEE. I met with a number of PEEPLE and discussed the possibility OF PEEING ON PEOPLE. I can raise the money for the school to support the PEEING, to get THE PEE off the ground. We want to provide our students with every opportunity to PEE and PEEING ON PEOPLE is a key component. If PEEING ON PEOPLE was something they were dreaming of, it?s now becoming a reality.?

Sorry, it's just impossible to take him seriously at this point. How does he still have this job? I would love to hear from a parent who can provide an argument as to why he is a good leader and good role model for students.

Posted on: 2009/1/10 2:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
It is good to see that Lipski will only appoint noble individuals of high intergity as himself !

Posted on: 2009/1/10 2:39
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/2 20:55
Group:
Registered Users
Lipski is an icon in Jersey City...our answer to Brussel's "Mannekin Pis"

Posted on: 2009/1/9 23:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/6/3 23:45
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Charon wrote:
Anything Lipski is involved in has to be tainted.

Is it just me, or can you not take anything this guy says/does seriously any more? I can't wait for the campaign ads (er...maybe not...)

Posted on: 2009/1/9 22:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 3:11
Group:
Registered Users
Anything Lipski is involved in has to be tainted.

Posted on: 2009/1/9 21:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 15:56
Group:
Banned
what ever happened to the peeing thing with this douche?

Posted on: 2009/1/9 17:19

Lipski responds regarding controversial coach hiring for CREATE Charter Schoo
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Lipski responds regarding coach hiring

Hudson Reporter

CREATE Charter School in Jersey City is going to institute football for the first time this coming fall, and they have hired controversial Coach Bill Sullivan, who was the coach of the football program at St. Anthony in Jersey City this past fall before he allegedly used an ineligible player, a kid believed to be an eighth grader.

CREATE Charter had its own problems with ineligilibity last year, when they had to relinquish the HCIAA Seglio Division basketball title they won last February because the Crushers allegedly used an illegible player.

Create Charter School Director Steve Lipski said yesterday that he realizes he?s taking a gamble in hiring Sullivan as the program?s new head coach.

?Was I aware of what happened at St. Antho ny? Sure, I read the papers,? Lipski said. ?I knew of the situation and sure, it does raise a red flag, especially after what happened to us last year. But I sat with Coach Sullivan on several occasions and realized it was a mutual fit.?

Lipski said that he did not call St. Anthony administration to ask why Sullivan left the school, but he said that Sullivan presented a resignation letter. ?He said he was not fired,? Lipski said.

Lipski said his staff called other schools Sullivan had worked at and received nothing but glowing remarks.

?The issues that surrounded Coach Sullivan in the past could not happen at CREATE,? Lipski said. ?We have a five-tier check system now when it comes to eligibility. Coach Sullivan has been made aware of that check system when it comes to recruiting and eligibility. Eligibility is the No. 1 issue in the school and we?re dealing with it accordingly.?

The CREATE program will be junior varsity to start in the fall of 2009 and would become a varsity program in 2010.

?It?s not going to be easy and I realize it?s a huge gamble,? said Lipski, who is also the Jersey City councilman representing the Heights. ?But sometimes, you have to take risks and this was a risk we felt we had to take.?

Lipski said that the decision to institute football at his school had been in the works for a few years.

?We had been discussing it for years,? Lipski said. ?The kids have always voiced an interest to have a football program and they?ve been eager to play. I met with a number of people and discussed the possibility. I can raise the money for the school to support the program, to get it off the ground. We want to provide our students with every opportunity to excel and playing football is a key component. If playing football was something they were dreaming of, it?s now becoming a reality.?

Posted on: 2009/1/9 17:11

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017