Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Downtown: Holdup at Marin Blvd. grocery by 2 men in ski masks
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe our wonderful elected officials and police should pay attention to this site, perhaps Healy, the administration and police will learn there is a crime problem.

Posted on: 2009/1/21 3:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
That is just not a good answer...show up to the meeting? And hear what, that the police are under staffed and under-funded, how is going to that meeting gonna help. From what I've read on this blog people can't even get the police to respond in a prompt manner. Instead why don't the police depts send out a monthly report with information on neighborhood crimes. If it wasn't for this website I wouldn't know about much of the crime that happens in my area.

Posted on: 2009/1/21 3:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/20 14:33
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Those of you interested in doing something about crime in downtown JC should attend the monthly Captain's meeting, the next one being on January 27th. You can see the details in the Event Calendar. The last meeting I attended in the fall was sparsely attended - there were four of us and the Captain. Intimate yes, but it didn't convey any sense of urgency on the community's part with respect to crime. You will become better informed about the issues and can raise your concerns with the people responsible for doing something about it. Hope to see you there.

Posted on: 2009/1/8 15:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/15 11:24
Group:
Registered Users
Wow, I was walking towards York on Marin at 8:15 on Monday, imagine what I would have see just 15 minutes later.

Posted on: 2009/1/8 13:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/2 20:55
Group:
Registered Users
It's not that these types of crime are unique to Jersey City...It's everywhere in this nation and the economy will only increase it more so. There are, however, not many cities that have the level of police working off duty jobs as this city does and it's more of a new thing in the last decade.
There are scores of police all over Jersey City on any day of the week at construction jobs big and small. You can't miss seeing them. These jobs pay big bucks and enable the officer to double their salary or more and retire in 20 years with a big pension. They're essentially working double shifts and the majority of them have to travel many miles between here and home. So they gotta be a little tired. The politicians who run this city are in a boozefog state of mind and their hearts and minds are elsewhere. They'll show up at parades and groundbreakings, mutter inanities and run off to one of their designated watering holes. If you really want to go crazy attend a community police meeting and listen to gibberish about them winning the fight. Twenty minutes response time to an armed robbery is horrendous by any measure in any city.

Posted on: 2009/1/8 12:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/1 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
What bull. There is no leadership coming from City Hall and none from the PD. The citizens are essentially on their own. Where are the police?

The city, in the end, doesn't have to fight the crime problem because:

they will keep building apt. complexes......and renting them.

continue to build condos........and sell them.

continue to sell houses..........

corrupt city, corrupt government......get used to it.

just today, i read about how Croft's car got its window smashed in. i'm sure she knows of other people that had the same thing happen to them. My roommate's car was stolen 3 months after we had moved to JC. I'm also sure that whoever is reading this has either been a victim of crime in this city, or knows at least one person who has. and if you are one of the lucky ones that haven't been a victim of crime yet, if you continue to live here, chances are, you eventually will.

people want to live near NYC in a diverse community....muggings, murders, beatings, robberies or not, they will keep coming here. so the city invests their money elsewhere.

Posted on: 2009/1/8 10:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
too bad the owner wasn't able to shoot the robbers in the head, imo

Posted on: 2009/1/8 6:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I remember a few years back a business owner in my neighborhood was robbed twice in the space of a few months. Twice he fought back and in one case he was shot and in the other he was stabbed. This tough S.O.B. actually began pounding one of the robbers in the face after he had been shot. He survived both attacks and is still a neighborhood fixture. God Bless him.

Posted on: 2009/1/8 5:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
If I was a business owner in JC I would arm myself to the teeth and fire 10 shots into the first M*ther*f*cker that tried to rob me. Afterwards I would expect the community to present an award for me for beautification of the neighborhood. I, as a DTJC poster, would be more than happy to present it!

Posted on: 2009/1/8 4:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It is the corner of York & Marin. It is across the street from the school where the armed robbery of a Bingo game took place about a year ago and just down the street from York & Grove where two punks robbed a woman about 6PM last month and broke a cop's hand in the process.

Posted on: 2009/1/8 3:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Which place is this? The one near the corner of Marin and York?

We need one of those little police booths placed near city hall with 24 hour police presence.

Posted on: 2009/1/8 2:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I spoke to the store owner who told me the robbery happened at 8:30 PM Monday night and it took the police twenty minutes to arrive. The two men had ski masks and a gun and ran away on foot toward Montgomery Street. City Hall is right there and no cops for twenty minutes. This is not the first time this hard working man has been held up and it is an outrage at the the slow response time. This type of event is happening ddaily in every sector of jersey City and the mayor boasts about the declining crime rate.
What bull. There is no leadership coming from City Hall and none from the PD. The citizens are essentially on their own.
Where are the police?

Posted on: 2009/1/8 2:18

Downtown: Holdup at Marin Blvd. grocery by 2 men in ski masks
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Holdup at Marin Blvd. grocery by two men

Jersey Journal
AMY SARA CLARK
Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Two men, one carrying a gun, held up a Marin Boulevard grocery store in Jersey City Monday night and made off with the cash from the register, according to police reports.

Wearing ski masks, the men burst into the store just before 8:30 p.m., reports said. The store clerk handed over the money in the cash register but was unable to tell police how much it was, reports said.

No arrests have been made.

Posted on: 2009/1/7 14:02

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017