Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: James Vincent Bicycles on Palisade closing to make way for yet another realtor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/17 14:03
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
I worked at SDS and raced for their BMX team in the 90s. I used to try to ride the unicycle in the store while doing inventory. Fun times when a lot of kids rode bikes and really took pride in owning a bike from a real bike store. Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Guess I felt the same way when it was SDS.

Holla @ Yo Boyz.....

Posted on: 2016/11/5 8:30

Re: James Vincent Bicycles on Palisade closing to make way for yet another realtor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
I saw a for rent sign on palisade avenue near palisade lumber

Posted on: 2016/11/5 0:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Three cheers to those guys at Jersey Cycles Luca and Al really know their stuff. and have a good customer relations persona.

Posted on: 2016/11/1 23:22
Get on your bikes and ride !

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/21 20:09
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey Cycles on Central is awesome. Very friendly, very quick turnaround and the owners, Luca & Alejandro, are incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about bikes. They are open seven days. If this sounds like a plug, maybe it is, I am friends with them. But I'll stand by my comments & statements anywhere, these guys are simply an awesome bike shop.

I have nothing against J Vincent. In fact, when I moved into Hudson County sixteen years ago, I bought my first nice bike ever (a Klein MTB) at their main location in North Bergen. I used them over Flo in Hoboken when I lived in Hoboken, at great inconvenience, and frankly most of their repairs were ok, but their fit suggestions were not so strong. Their JC location was always less motivated though.

I was a happy customer of Grove St from opening, I had just moved to JC. I bought a lot of accessories there and did a ton of tune ups/fittings/repairs. After two years, I saw that their maintenance had its ups and downs and I needed a specific repair on an old steel English bike. They were expensive and slow. Rode up to the Heights (my first time as a downtowner back in 2011) and got rejected at Vincent as well. That's when went further to jersey cycles and Alejandro ground and created a part on the spot and won me over. True story.

Posted on: 2016/11/1 15:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
why doesn't the propietor move his store to central avenue? are the rents so much more expensive? it seems to me that he could draw from a bigger audience - west of central, people on the western slope as well as those near pershing field?

There's already Jersey Cycles on Central near Washington Park. I haven't been there though.
gotcha. thanks. my bad.

Posted on: 2016/10/25 23:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
why doesn't the propietor move his store to central avenue? are the rents so much more expensive? it seems to me that he could draw from a bigger audience - west of central, people on the western slope as well as those near pershing field?

There's already Jersey Cycles on Central near Washington Park. I haven't been there though.

Posted on: 2016/10/25 21:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

anonymess wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
... Why was it necessary to close a viable business (and getting a boost from the fire at Grove Bikes) for another damn realtor storefront that pop up like mushrooms in the hot markets.

It seemed to me that Grove Street Bikes was doing business almost as usual from a temporary Newark Ave. spot. Is that no longer the case?
ok. back to the HEIGHTS. why doesn't the propietor move his store to central avenue? are the rents so much more expensive? it seems to me that he could draw from a bigger audience - west of central, people on the western slope as well as those near pershing field?

Posted on: 2016/10/25 21:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/21 2:00
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MonmouthMan wrote:
Well this is terrible news. They are so much friendlier and have much better prices and turn around service than that crappy bike store downtown ever could. The jerks in the place downtown always have so much freaking attitude, oh I'm so cool. The folks at James Vincent were always nice you never felt like you were getting ripped off.

You should give them another try and deal with the owner, Rodney. I've bought 3 bikes from them and have been going there since they opened. I never had an issue with anyone there but the help does seem to turn over quickly. The one constant is Rodney who's always done right by me.

Posted on: 2016/10/25 21:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:
Quote:

MonmouthMan wrote:
Well this is terrible news. They are so much friendlier and have much better prices and turn around service than that crappy bike store downtown ever could. The jerks in the place downtown always have so much freaking attitude, oh I'm so cool. The folks at James Vincent were always nice you never felt like you were getting ripped off.

Never had an issue with GSB. They've always been accommodating, even going out of there way to help. The staff can be a bit disorganized at times, but the owner (Rodney) has always stepped up to the plate to make things right. Hopefully you'll give them another shot in the future.

Second this. GSB has always been helpful for me and even gone out of their way to try fix something that was basically unfixable.

Posted on: 2016/10/25 21:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Try running a bike shop through the winter months in Jersey City

Quote:

Too bad. It's always sad to see long time business leave. It seems as if they were ready to close shop and are using the rent as a scapegoat. As many here have pointed out there are many vacant stores in the area.

Posted on: 2016/10/25 21:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MonmouthMan wrote:

Never had an issue with GSB. They've always been accommodating, even going out of there way to help. The staff can be a bit disorganized at times, but the owner (Rodney) has always stepped up to the plate to make things right. Hopefully you'll give them another shot in the future.

Posted on: 2016/10/25 20:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
They told me they lost their lease and a REALTOR OFFICE will replace them!! WTF??? I find it hard to believe that the rent could be so much higher from the realtor when there are several empty storefronts on that block never mind nearby. Why was it necessary to close a viable business (and getting a boost from the fire at Grove Bikes) for another damn realtor storefront that pop up like mushrooms in the hot markets.

Too bad. It's always sad to see long time business leave. It seems as if they were ready to close shop and are using the rent as a scapegoat. As many here have pointed out there are many vacant stores in the area.

Posted on: 2016/10/25 20:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/15 20:50
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/10/25 20:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/21 2:00
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
... Why was it necessary to close a viable business (and getting a boost from the fire at Grove Bikes) for another damn realtor storefront that pop up like mushrooms in the hot markets.

It seemed to me that Grove Street Bikes was doing business almost as usual from a temporary Newark Ave. spot. Is that no longer the case?

Posted on: 2016/10/25 16:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
They told me they lost their lease and a REALTOR OFFICE will replace them!! WTF??? I find it hard to believe that the rent could be so much higher from the realtor when there are several empty storefronts on that block never mind nearby. Why was it necessary to close a viable business (and getting a boost from the fire at Grove Bikes) for another damn realtor storefront that pop up like mushrooms in the hot markets.

That is odd -- maybe there was a dispute with the landlord?

Posted on: 2016/10/25 14:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
maybe they can find a place on central avenue? i see lots of available space

Posted on: 2016/10/25 13:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Guess I felt the same way when it was SDS.

Holla @ Yo Boyz.....

Posted on: 2016/10/25 13:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I'll be sad to see them go - I got my bike from them, and appreciated how friendly, professional and helpful they were.

I live a few blocks away though, and don't see any real estate offices.

Posted on: 2016/10/25 13:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
They were my favourite bike shop in Jersey City, friendly and communicative.

Robin.

Posted on: 2016/10/25 13:14

James Vincent Bicycles on Palisade closing to make way for yet another realtor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2016/10/25 2:54

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017