Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Fire captain facing DWI charge
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Resized Image

Copy, Paste and make some stickers and secretly stick them on the back of all city owned cars, buses and trucks........just joking, but that would be funny!

Posted on: 2007/4/20 1:34
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
PLEASE make some t-shirts from that! Jersey pride, yo.

Posted on: 2007/4/20 1:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2007/4/19 23:09
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
You know those fundraiser signs that towns put in front of their town halls, sometimes to measure donations for a new ambulance or a town pool or playground or something like that?

We need one of those to measure incompetence.

Maybe I will build one this weekend.

Posted on: 2007/4/19 22:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

soshin wrote:
Fab? Faaabbb?????? Oh please tell us what you think of this!

What a fcuking dumb-ass useless piece of horse siht of a fire captain.
He'll get his pension, the cops will soften the charges because no-one was hurt and some lame-ass 'buddy' officer will get his job.

I wasn't worried for one second, that some idiot public servant wouldn't fcuk up every 2 weeks.

There should be some kind of celebration, if city hall or emergency service employees can make it through 1 month without some sort of screw-up.

Posted on: 2007/4/19 16:45

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/5 20:49
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
nugnfutz wrote:
He's charged with DWI even though he was under the limit? Can someone explain how this law works? I'm kinda confused over the seatbelt law too.

I don't profess to know the ins and outs of DWI law but I expect that he was charged with a DWI (Driving While Impaired) because he was impaired. Just because you aren't legally intoxicated from alcohol doesn't mean you aren't impaired. That's why they can charge you with a DWI for driving while on drugs.

He may not have legally intoxicated from alcohol but his driving abilities were impared (as evidenced by the crash and the fact that he failed a field sobriety test) due to the combination of alcohol and whatever drugs (perscription?) he may have been taking.

Posted on: 2007/4/19 14:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/28 15:23
Group:
Banned
He's charged with DWI even though he was under the limit? Can someone explain how this law works? I'm kinda confused over the seatbelt law too.

Posted on: 2007/4/19 14:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
So he just needs to drag this out till August, retire before he gets charged with anything, and then he can retire with full pension?

jenn, because of his length of employment and how much he paid into his pension, even if he left today, it would not effect him.

There is a bill in the State house you all may want to see.

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/bills/decor/bills2006.gif

S67 Imposes mandatory terms of imprisonment and forfeiture of pension and retirement benefits for public officers or employees convicted of certain crimes involving or touching their office or employment. *

1/10/2006 Introduced in the Senate, Referred to Senate Judiciary Committee
6/26/2006 Reported from Senate Committee as a Substitute, 2nd Reading
6/26/2006 Referred to Senate Budget and Appropriations Committee

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2006/Bills/S0500/67_I1.HTM

Posted on: 2007/4/19 14:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
So he just needs to drag this out till August, retire before he gets charged with anything, and then he can retire with full pension?

Posted on: 2007/4/19 13:54

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/18 15:05
From John Wilkes Park
Group:
Registered Users
Fab? Faaabbb?????? Oh please tell us what you think of this!

Posted on: 2007/4/19 13:52

Fire captain facing DWI charge
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Fire captain facing DWI charge

Thursday, April 19, 2007
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A Jersey City fire captain was charged with driving while intoxicated last Tuesday when police noticed he had trouble standing and speaking after his sport utility vehicle slammed into a car stopped at a traffic light, officials said.

Capt. Thomas E. Landry, 48, of Boyd Avenue in Jersey City, was also issued summonses for driving an unregistered vehicle and having no proof of insurance, Jersey City Police Deputy Chief Peter Nalbach said yesterday.

The 24-year-veteran of the department had been on sick leave for a few weeks at the time of his arrest, said Fire Department Director Armando Roman. The department would not consider suspending Landry until he returns to duty, Roman noted.

Fire officials have filed departmental charges against Landry, citing him for conduct unbecoming an officer and failing to notify his superiors that he had been arrested, Roman said. Roman would not say why Landry was on sick leave, citing privacy issues related to medical matters.

Last Wednesday at 4:25 p.m., Landry was driving his 2001 Ford Explorer at Ocean and Danforth avenues when it slammed into the rear of a car stopped at a traffic light, Nalbach said. The force of the impact propelled the car into the vehicle in front of it, Nalbach said.

A witness flagged down police officers, who watched as Landry stumbled out of his vehicle, smelling of alcohol and slurring his speech, Nalbach said.

Landry failed a field sobriety test, Nalbach said, adding that he was then taken for a Breathalyzer test at the Port Authority Police Department station at the Holland Tunnel. The test revealed Landry's blood alcohol level was only .05 percent, considerably lower than the .08 percent legal limit for driving, Nalbach said.

Landry told officers he was also taking prescription medicine, which may have had a synergistic effect, Nalbach said.

The man driving the car struck by Landry's SUV complained of pain and was taken to the Jersey City Medical Center, but he did not appear to be seriously injured, Nalbach said. The woman whose vehicle was also struck in the chain reaction refused medical attention, Nalbach said.

Landry is married and has one child, Roman said. Landry joined the Fire Department in 1982 and he will become eligible to retire on Aug. 25, 2007, Roman said, adding that he works on Route 440, supervising equipment repair.

Posted on: 2007/4/19 13:38

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017