Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
146 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 146

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Ex-cop sergeant surrenders in 'assault, theft'
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/15 1:20
Group:
Registered Users
You are correct in your observation, NNJR ---- and clearly jckid has no idea what he/she is talking about.

There is no public servant pension plan that isn't partially-funded by taxpayer dollars (whether those funds be on the municipal, county, state, etc, levels). Also, this is to say nothing of the costs of lifelong health coverage for a civil servant retiree and his/her family (which is often the largest of the partially taxpayer-funded expenses).

Most civil servants are, of course, deserving of such packages, since many admirably do the jobs we don't want to do. However, characters like this ex-cop deserve nothing.

Posted on: 2007/5/12 15:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jckid wrote:
Let me explain something to you. You should not make comments about things you do not have knowledge of. First of all WE don't pay for his pension benefits he his receiving. The words say it all... It is his pension that he paid into and has a right to. Secondly what does his family have to do with the mistakes he has made. How dare you make a comment of letting them suffer. I think they are suffering enough right now and don't need fools like you to make it worse. It is called respect... which obviously you have none and I am so sure that you are so perfect and everyone in your family is so perfect that you can speak this way.

jckid, are you saying that this ex-jcpd was not a drug dealer and was innocent of shaking down a landlord? Are you also saying that the tax payers do not pay for government employee's pension plans?

I'd be ok with the cop keeping what he put in, anything else should go back to the public.

I respect honest LEOs, however this guy was obviously scum and is hardly worthy of respect.

Posted on: 2007/5/12 13:36

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/5/12 2:26
Group:
Registered Users
Let me explain something to you. You should not make comments about things you do not have knowledge of. First of all WE don't pay for his pension benefits he his receiving. The words say it all... It is his pension that he paid into and has a right to. Secondly what does his family have to do with the mistakes he has made. How dare you make a comment of letting them suffer. I think they are suffering enough right now and don't need fools like you to make it worse. It is called respect... which obviously you have none and I am so sure that you are so perfect and everyone in your family is so perfect that you can speak this way.

Posted on: 2007/5/12 2:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
'Blow' no! Former cop charged as cocaine dealer

A former Jersey City police sergeant has been busted in Maine with more than a pound of suspected cocaine and was arraigned today on charges that could put him behind bars for up to 20 years if convicted, officials said yesterday.

Former Jersey City Police Sgt. Michael Cervino, 33, of Hague Street; and former Jersey City resident Michael Ancipink, 31, now of Allentown, Pa., were arrested Friday, Maine Drug Enforcement Agency Special Agent Gerry Baril said yesterday. Ancipink is a former St. Paul?s Avenue resident.

It was the second time in less than a month that Cervino was arrested.

Cervino and Ancipink were arraigned yesterday before a Maine District Court judge in Lewiston on the charge of aggravated trafficking, because they had more than 112 grams of cocaine, Baril said. The enhanced charge carries a possible sentence of up to 20 years in prison, with a minimum of four years, Baril said.

On Friday DEA agents in Maine got a tip Cervino was on his way with the drugs, Baril said. When Ancipink?s Chevy Suburban pulled off the Maine Turnpike in Auburn with Cervino behind the wheel, local police and DEA agents were waiting, Baril said.

Inside the car they found 1.4 pounds of cocaine inside heavy plastic, which was coated with petroleum jelly and then wrapped in reflective tape, Baril said, apparently in an attempt to conceal its scent from drug-sniffing dogs. But cops didn?t need dogs to find the package, Baril said.

Cervino was also arrested on April 12 in Jersey City, almost a week after a 39-year-old Bayonne man signed a complaint against him on a robbery charge, reports said.

The victim said he wanted to buy $100 worth of cocaine, but Cervino told him it would cost $200, reports said. The victim told police that when he left without making a purchase, Cervino punched him in the eye and robbed him of $580, reports said.

Michaelangelo Conte

I bet this ass-wipe was dealing drugs as a JCPD Sgt as well - disgrace. The 'good' cops of JCPD must feel that they should seek employment elsewhere so they are not painted with the same brush of being corrupt.

Posted on: 2007/5/9 11:34
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/15 1:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Servino had faced a number of departmental charges while a police officer and department officials were seeking to have him removed, Eason said. Eventually a deal was negotiated in which Servino went on mental disability last August, Eason said.

It's sobering to think that he is only one of many, many JCPD members (present or recent past) who are in dire need of mental and psychological help.

Posted on: 2007/4/15 23:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Ex-cop sergeant surrenders in 'assault, theft'

Saturday, April 14, 2007
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Servino had faced a number of departmental charges while a police officer and department officials were seeking to have him removed, Eason said. Eventually a deal was negotiated in which Servino went on mental disability last August, Eason said.

Nothing like a bullshit 'pay-off' to get rid of a crap cop. I bet everyone would love to have a 'deal' negotiated from their employer if they had 'departmental charges against them'.

Why not just sack the ass, instead of giving him a life long mental disability that we have to pay for.

If our ex-sgt is convicted, does that mean we don't have to give him his disability pension? or should we, because we need to support his family - we can't let them suffer!

Its all a fcuking joke and we are the idiots that keep paying for this sort of crap.

Posted on: 2007/4/14 12:43
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

Saturday, April 14, 2007
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A former Jersey City police sergeant has been arrested and charged with punching a man in the face during a drug deal that turned into a robbery at his Heights home last week, according to police reports.

Michael Servino turned himself in to the department's warrant squad on Thursday at 4 p.m. after the 39-year-old Bayonne victim signed a complaint against the ex-officer in connection with Saturday's robbery, reports said.

That day officers were dispatched to Neptune Avenue, where they spoke to the victim, who told them he was robbed after going to buy cocaine at Servino's home on Hague Street and Kennedy Boulevard, reports said.

The Bayonne man said he wanted to buy $100 worth of cocaine but Servino told him it would cost $200 so he left, reports said. He told police that once outside the home Servino punched him in the eye and robbed him of $580, reports said.

Servino was with his attorney when he turned himself in and he posted bail and was released, city spokesman Stan H. Eason said.

Posted on: 2007/4/14 11:52

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017