Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Another trendy JC restaurant is closing.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2019/11/17 1:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:
That's a difficult location that really only seems to cater to the after-work, #crispyboys crowd. I still can't believe that Greene Hook, which is only a few blocks away, is still in business. Their food has always been ok-to-decent but I've never seen the space filled.

Perhaps it is just "a few blocks away," but it might as well be miles away. You can't possibly compare the two locations. There is nothing in Harborside to really attract people after work hours, or during weekends, while Greene Hook is in a bustling residential area, surrounded by many other restaurants in the vicinity, which invariably leads to more foot traffic.

Also, not sure if they still do it, but they used to do $1 oysters on Sundays and that was a popular draw. I do agree with you that their food was so-so, so I am not a regular (it's been at least two or three years since I last visited) but they are probably filling some need or void. Less than a block away is Rumi, which is DELICIOUS, and that place is usually dead, but they make brisk takeout business.

Posted on: 2019/9/17 18:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry to hear they are closing, my wife and I really enjoyed their appetizer menu and happy hour pricing. We even got approval from her always difficult Cantonese family, so now we are down to one less place to take them when they're visiting.

That's a difficult location that really only seems to cater to the after-work, #crispyboys crowd. I still can't believe that Greene Hook, which is only a few blocks away, is still in business. Their food has always been ok-to-decent but I've never seen the space filled.

Posted on: 2019/9/17 17:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/18 14:36
Group:
Registered Users
I have only had drinks and apps there. I sorta liked the location because it looks out over the Hudson to the City. I would have thought that may have made it appealing enough to keep people coming in. However, like me I suppose a lot of people don't think of making the treck over there just to eat some wings while looking at the water. Candidly, I didn't think of it often. I love over in Hamilton Park and like a lot of people sorta prefer places that are walking distance. Sorry to hear a business close. People put a lot of money and effort into it.

Posted on: 2019/9/17 15:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
It is a bad location. You would think that with all the weekend PATH traffic being directed to that ferry stop and the number of public invited "social events" being held weekly in that huge rotunda space that they would have developed some sort of following. It's a tough business.

Posted on: 2019/9/17 10:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users
Location, Location, Location.

Crappy Location!!

Posted on: 2019/9/17 3:16

Another trendy JC restaurant is closing.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Another trendy Jersey City restaurant is closing. What?s going on in N.J.'s hottest foodie haven?

Updated 12:04 PM; Today 9:30 AM(9/16/2019)
By Jeremy Schneider | NJ Advance Media For NJ.com

For the second time in a little over a month, Jersey City is losing one of its most highly touted restaurants.

Piggyback Bar, a restaurant and bar on the Hudson River serving up Asian fusion fare, will close at the end of September so its owners can focus on a new venture in New York.

https://www.nj.com/food/2019/09/anothe ... hottest-foodie-haven.html

Posted on: 2019/9/16 23:23

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017