Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
85 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 85

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: McGreevey Moves to Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
"It's a coming home of sorts, and it's not political whatsoever," said McGreevey, who was born at Margaret Hague Maternity Hospital.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... t.html#incart_2box_hudson

Posted on: 2015/10/15 14:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Not to mention that there is always an 'onboarding' cost when you bring in a new employee. Paperwork to be filled out and processed by HR employees, etc. All that time and money was wasted during this scam solely designed to game the system.

Ask yourself this-would an ordinary joe have been able to do this?

Just who in Hudson County govt is accountable? Who signed off on Chico's no-show job? Why hasn't that person been fired?

Typical Democratic NJ corruption.

Posted on: 2015/10/14 15:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:
America is a land of opportunities. One nation under God. The Most Favored Nation on Earth. McGreevey would be a fool not to use the bounties JC has to offer.

Where have you been? McGreevey already received a very very sweet bounty, courtesy of JC. He's getting a pension and healthcare benefits for life from only a couple months of mysterious Hudson County employment.

Oh wait, I forgot. Even though Fulop brought McGreevey in and got the ball rolling, he claims he didn't know how this happened. And people on the county side say the same thing. Just a wacky coincidence I guess.

In case you're getting at McGreevey preparing to take even more advantage of our fine system of taxpayer largesse used to enrich those who have connections, I certainly agree that we'll see more where that came from.

It's okay not to like McGreevey. It's fine. But dude, you need to get your facts straight. His pension/health insurance situation is not the result of some evil plot cooked up in a backroom - he's getting benefits under an outdated, ridiculous system that any state worker can take advantage of. Case in point: My brother retired from a state job, with full pension and benefits. Now he has a new government job with a different entity. Who will be paying his health care expenses in retirement?...the new employer. And trust me, my brother is no political genius; he's a semi-intelligent, hardworking guy. He and McGreevey are just taking what they're entitled to under the rules.

Sorry, you're just wrong. I assume you've been a bit out of the loop, but this latest bit of corruption/back room dealing made a number of headlines.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... nefits_hudson_county.html

http://nypost.com/2015/09/20/the-new- ... ng-care-of-jim-mcgreevey/

"Except that McGreevey was hired to do the work on the Jersey City payroll ? which wouldn?t earn him any retirement benefits. Somehow, though, he was switched to a county job for four months ? which qualified him for the sweet health-care deal."

My post is referring to the "somehow" in the quote. After Fulop brought him in, "somehow" people pulled strings and enabled McGreevey to gain lifetime benefits from Hudson County taxpayers. You are right that the ridiculous rules themselves made it very easy to catch a ride on the taxpayer funded gravy train. But McGreevey didn't qualify even under those rules.

So who was responsible for the mysterious employer switch for a few months? Do you think people didn't realize exactly what the consequence would be? Well, when asked, no one provided a straight answer. Hmm, I wonder?

Posted on: 2015/10/14 15:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:
America is a land of opportunities. One nation under God. The Most Favored Nation on Earth. McGreevey would be a fool not to use the bounties JC has to offer.

Where have you been? McGreevey already received a very very sweet bounty, courtesy of JC. He's getting a pension and healthcare benefits for life from only a couple months of mysterious Hudson County employment.

Oh wait, I forgot. Even though Fulop brought McGreevey in and got the ball rolling, he claims he didn't know how this happened. And people on the county side say the same thing. Just a wacky coincidence I guess.

In case you're getting at McGreevey preparing to take even more advantage of our fine system of taxpayer largesse used to enrich those who have connections, I certainly agree that we'll see more where that came from.

It's okay not to like McGreevey. It's fine. But dude, you need to get your facts straight. His pension/health insurance situation is not the result of some evil plot cooked up in a backroom - he's getting benefits under an outdated, ridiculous system that any state worker can take advantage of. Case in point: My brother retired from a state job, with full pension and benefits. Now he has a new government job with a different entity. Who will be paying his health care expenses in retirement?...the new employer. And trust me, my brother is no political genius; he's a semi-intelligent, hardworking guy. He and McGreevey are just taking what they're entitled to under the rules.

Posted on: 2015/10/14 15:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
This is my neighborhood. I want to know exactly where his new pad is.

Posted on: 2015/10/14 14:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sommerman wrote:
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:
America is a land of opportunities. One nation under God. The Most Favored Nation on Earth. McGreevey would be a fool not to use the bounties JC has to offer. JC has changed so much that even a sugar daddy is stale candy nowadays.

Maybe opportunist is a better word.

In any case, he is young, dynamic and well educated - voters elected Schundler, Fulop and McCann - maybe enough JC voters are inured to corruption to get him elected.

An opportunist takes advantage of an opportunity. A dirtbag like McGreevey games the system through political corruption.

Posted on: 2015/10/14 13:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:
America is a land of opportunities. One nation under God. The Most Favored Nation on Earth. McGreevey would be a fool not to use the bounties JC has to offer. JC has changed so much that even a sugar daddy is stale candy nowadays.

Maybe opportunist is a better word.

In any case, he is young, dynamic and well educated - voters elected Schundler, Fulop and McCann - maybe enough JC voters are inured to corruption to get him elected.

Posted on: 2015/10/14 13:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:

Posted on: 2015/10/14 2:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The Episcopal Church turned him down.

Posted on: 2015/10/14 2:13

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/12 21:15
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:
an Episcopal priest

Good Lord !

Didn't he also teach an ethics course at Kean University? That one was really hilarious and disgusting at the same time.

Actually, he was never ordained so he isn't a priest.

Posted on: 2015/10/14 1:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Lights please!

Posted on: 2015/10/14 1:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:

Put a camera on the apartment and you'll see if he spends one night a week there it will be a lot. Maybe McGreevey will do a MTV Cribs tour like Councilman Yun gave?

http://hudsoncountyview.com/councilma ... rumors-attacks-residency/

Does McGreevey have a city car? Maybe they could run the GPS like they did to find out that Chico had a no-show job?

Posted on: 2015/10/14 0:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/10/14 0:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
I never thought I would see Yvonne use "sugar daddy" in a sentence. Double Bacon Awesomeburger!

Posted on: 2015/10/14 0:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
What about Mark O'Donnell, the sugar daddy who paid McGreeveys divorce bill and pays for his daughters private school? Do you mean to say McGreevey gave it all up just to live in JC? Much more to this than moving from Plainfield. I see the puppetmaster Charlie Kushner's hand in this.

Posted on: 2015/10/14 0:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:
an Episcopal priest

Good Lord !

Didn't he also teach an ethics course at Kean University? That one was really hilarious and disgusting at the same time.

Posted on: 2015/10/13 20:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:
an Episcopal priest

Good Lord !

Posted on: 2015/10/13 20:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
As a a Democrat, I am appalled that our Party has produced governors like McGreevey and Corzine, particularly McGreevey. Not only was McGreevey dishonest in his public life but in his personal life as well. No amount of posturing as a gay man, an Episcopal priest or a champion for jobs for ex-offenders will ever make him trustworthy in my eyes. On the sleaze scale, he is a definite 10.

Posted on: 2015/10/13 20:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Long before Christie got his guy into the PA, you do know that McGreevey tried to appoint Kushner to the PA?

In any case, I think you're just trying to mess with me, Pebble, lol!

Posted on: 2015/10/13 19:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
He'll forever be disgraced for putting his gay lover, who was a foreign national, in charge of NJ security post 9/11. And if he decides to try and run in JC all the other stuff will have a light shined on it. To top that, the failed attempt to sneak a prisoner re-entry office in Greenville without public discourse, and his pension scam recently will be what people think about.

I think Greenville re-entry office is a massive issue which would upset many.

As for his gay lover... eh. You can make that argument if you believe that Bush is forever disgraced for putting "Heckuva Job, Brownie" in charge of FEMA. Or Christie is forever disgraced for putting a clear charlatan in Samson in charge of Port Authority.

In the grand scheme, the gay lover took a salary but we didn't actually get screwed over in the end (a byproduct of luck). The PA put money in his pockets and screwed NJ residents. FEMA wasted millions and put more emphasis on hair placement.

Ultimately, I was more upset at the fact that NJ received less federal anti-terrorism protection money than places like Wisconsin. That alone tells you that the program is a joke, so putting a joke for a head really just enforces it...

Posted on: 2015/10/13 19:20
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
He'll forever be disgraced for putting his gay lover, who was a foreign national, in charge of NJ security post 9/11. And if he decides to try and run in JC all the other stuff will have a light shined on it. To top that, the failed attempt to sneak a prisoner re-entry office in Greenville without public discourse, and his pension scam recently will be what people think about.

Posted on: 2015/10/13 19:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
He's been a sleazy, corrupt politician going back to when he was mayor in Woodbridge and cruising Garden State Parkway rest stops. Fact? C'mon, even most NJ Democrats would disagree with you.

Re-read what I wrote. I didn't say he was good. I didn't say he wasn't sleazy. I said he was the best we've had in a long while.

That's a sadder state on our current governor and Corzine...

However, I'll adjust this since Cody wasn't bad. Cody was the best governor we've had. McGreevey was the best elected. It's a shame Corzine and the Democrats shoved Cody out of the way.

Posted on: 2015/10/13 18:53
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
He's been a sleazy, corrupt politician going back to when he was mayor in Woodbridge and cruising Garden State Parkway rest stops. Fact? C'mon, even most NJ Democrats would disagree with you.

Posted on: 2015/10/13 18:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Is he renting a small apartment? I'll bet he'll spend most nights with his sugar daddy boyfriend in North Plainfield, but he'll need to establish residence to make a mayoral run.

Are JC residents really that stupid that they could elect him?

I could not care less about who he is dating or where they live. However, yes, it is entirely possible that he could be elected mayor.

Despite his malfeasance in hiring his boyfriend for a role that should be important, he's been the best governor we've had over the last 20-30 years. That certainly isn't saying much and it could also be due to the short time he served, but it is a fact.

Posted on: 2015/10/13 17:39
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Stringer wrote:

McGreevey Moves to Jersey City

Former Governor James McGreevey has moved from Plainfield.

He now officially lives in Jersey City, which is where he works and where he was born.

“It’s a coming home of sorts, and it’s not political whatsoever,” said McGreevey, whose grandfather walked a beat as a cop on Communipaw.

There were murmurs earlier this year about a future Jersey City mayoral bid for McGreevey, the former mayor of Woodbridge who resigned from the office of governor in 2004. In charge of Jersey City’s mush-praised prisoner reentry program, McGreevey this past summer angered community leaders and failed to secure approval to locate a relocation center in an African-American neighborhood close to a school.

McGreevey moved to Kennedy Boulevard in the St. Peter’s community.

Read more at McGreevey Moves to Jersey City | New Jersey News, Politics, Opinion, and Analysis Follow us: @politickernj on Twitter | PolitickerNJ on Facebook

Is he renting a small apartment? I'll bet he'll spend most nights with his sugar daddy boyfriend in North Plainfield, but he'll need to establish residence to make a mayoral run. Are JC residents really that stupid that they could elect him?

Posted on: 2015/10/13 17:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Former Governor James McGreevey has moved from Plainfield.

He now officially lives in Jersey City, which is where he works and where he was born.

“It’s a coming home of sorts, and it’s not political whatsoever,” said McGreevey, whose grandfather walked a beat as a cop on Communipaw.

There were murmurs earlier this year about a future Jersey City mayoral bid for McGreevey, the former mayor of Woodbridge who resigned from the office of governor in 2004. In charge of Jersey City’s mush-praised prisoner reentry program, McGreevey this past summer angered community leaders and failed to secure approval to locate a relocation center in an African-American neighborhood close to a school.

McGreevey moved to Kennedy Boulevard in the St. Peter’s community.

Read more at McGreevey Moves to Jersey City | New Jersey News, Politics, Opinion, and Analysis Follow us: @politickernj on Twitter | PolitickerNJ on Facebook

Posted on: 2015/10/13 16:45

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017