Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Woman Shot in JC - Gets Robbed by Bystanders as she Lay Injured
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
But it's obvious why the people chose to rob her. Because they can, and because they did not fear any consequences.

JCMan8 - precisely right.

Posted on: 2015/6/3 14:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
"Her family is upset because they say Scott was not properly interviewed about the shooting."
This indicates to me she has nothing to hide, now some on JCList is blaming the victim.

I am blaming you and people like you for being ignorant, Here is an legit opportunity for you to blast the mayor and the police dept for allowing an open drug market but you sleep. Mark your calendars June 6, 2015, residents have banded and we shall see change.
i'm not her to cast aspersions on anyone's character but even if she were buying drugs or telling the drug dealers to go away, i find it odd that they would shoot here. i thought that normally drug dealers tried to keep their turf on the dl to avoid police scrutiny

Posted on: 2015/6/3 14:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not surprised by this at all. About a year ago as I was walking home on Jersey Ave, an elderly woman fell on the sidewalk (it was dark). I stopped to help her, her face was pretty bruised but she was a tough cookie and didn't want any medical treatment. She was carrying a small purse and a few of the contents had fallen out: some money, make up, tissues, etc.). A young man came by, probably a teenager, with the guise of being helpful. As I was helping the woman to her feet, he was collecting the items that had fallen on the ground. He gave them back to her and walked away. I noticed that as she was putting them back in her purse, the money was gone. I didn't want to cause the woman anymore stress so i didn't make mention of it, I just asked if she knew where she was going and if someone could meet her when she got there (she was walking to a friend's house close by). I was disgusted that someone would do something like that, it literally made me sick to my stomach, especially since she thanked the guy for helping her.

Posted on: 2015/6/3 14:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
What's happening on the 6th?

Posted on: 2015/6/3 14:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
"Her family is upset because they say Scott was not properly interviewed about the shooting."
This indicates to me she has nothing to hide, now some on JCList is blaming the victim.

I am blaming you and people like you for being ignorant, Here is an legit opportunity for you to blast the mayor and the police dept for allowing an open drug market but you sleep. Mark your calendars June 6, 2015, residents have banded and we shall see change.

Posted on: 2015/6/3 13:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
LMAO its not the community its the drug dealers and buyers and Yvonne could have been a buyer and I would not surprise me if she was dealing... That corner is known for drug dealing. I don't buy this story at all. Your are on that corner for one reason and one reason only. Jersey City has a serious drug problem and right now there are certain corners where residents and police know where its concentrated. So before we get on our soap box as the pure race and blame a community lets look where these shootings are happening. If you are looking for trouble in JC you will find it. I live in JC for years and never been any trouble. I lived down on Wayne street b4 the gentrification and nothing ever happened to me because I was not trying to score an 8 ball at 2 am or 2 pm. I live six blocks from MLK and from time to time I pass through there but again I am not a drug buyer or seller and don't linger on corners conversing with trash.

Interesting theory?hmm two people shot on the same corner within hours does make it seem like some kind of drug turf war is going down.

?At 12:40 p.m. that day, an 18-year-old man suffered a gunshot wound to a "lower extremity" at Stegman Street and Martin Luther King Drive, about 15 blocks from where Freeman was killed, Rubino said.

Finally, police responding to Martin Luther King Drive and Stegman Street a second time that day at 3:15 p.m. found Yvonne Scott, 45, of Jersey City, had been shot in the back. She was taken to the Jersey City Medical Center for treatment, Rubino said.?

Posted on: 2015/6/3 12:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/6/3 12:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
LMAO its not the community its the drug dealers and buyers and Yvonne could have been a buyer and I would not surprise me if she was dealing... That corner is known for drug dealing. I don't buy this story at all. Your are on that corner for one reason and one reason only. Jersey City has a serious drug problem and right now there are certain corners where residents and police know where its concentrated. So before we get on our soap box as the pure race and blame a community lets look where these shootings are happening. If you are looking for trouble in JC you will find it. I live in JC for years and never been any trouble. I lived down on Wayne street b4 the gentrification and nothing ever happened to me because I was not trying to score an 8 ball at 2 am or 2 pm. I live six blocks from MLK and from time to time I pass through there but again I am not a drug buyer or seller and don't linger on corners conversing with trash.

Posted on: 2015/6/3 11:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Some serious issues with that community.

Be nice if the police were allowed to clean it up and make a strong presence.

Why is the crime out of control there?

Is this a liberal issue ?

WTF
igreg, i agree 150% that that and other troubled communities need much more intensive policing, greater use of closed circuit tvs and much harsher sentencing. what's wrong with the 3 strikes law?

Posted on: 2015/6/3 11:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I have a little more faith in my fellow human being and think there is much more to it and not just a random shooting and robbery by bystanders.

Once again, it shouldn't have happened as it makes no sense and completely out of the ordinary to other shootings and crimes of similar nature that occur normally after midnight in some drug exchange location.

Posted on: 2015/6/3 4:03
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
I concur it is shocking; the shooting and the robbery

What I don't understand (the news article doesn't tell us) is what was the nature of the conversation with these men (since they mentioned it) and then why the bystanders turned on the victim?

This should be a no brainer to solve as these bystanders must be local and easy to identify ... especially the group of men she had spoken to seconds earlier!

It all sounds very suspicious and I believe we are not getting the full story from the victim. If I was shot and robbed, I'd be giving a full detailed description of the 'opportunistic' robber and the nature of the conversation to catch these ass-wipes or potential witnesses.

Just to re-iterate, it is a shocking outcome for the victim

There are plenty of details this news article is choosing not to report. I think the "bystanders" who pickpocketed her were different from the group she originally spoke with.

But it's obvious why the people chose to rob her. Because they can, and because they did not fear any consequences.

And all this happened in broad daylight. I have to say, this really is one of the worst stories I've heard in quite a long time.

Posted on: 2015/6/3 2:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I concur it is shocking; the shooting and the robbery

What I don't understand (the news article doesn't tell us) is what was the nature of the conversation with these men (since they mentioned it) and then why the bystanders turned on the victim?

This should be a no brainer to solve as these bystanders must be local and easy to identify ... especially the group of men she had spoken to seconds earlier!

It all sounds very suspicious and I believe we are not getting the full story from the victim. If I was shot and robbed, I'd be giving a full detailed description of the 'opportunistic' robber and the nature of the conversation to catch these ass-wipes or potential witnesses.

Just to re-iterate, it is a shocking outcome for the victim

Posted on: 2015/6/3 1:58
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Talk about insult upon injury-it's horrific for this woman to have to endure being shot, but to then be robbed by her neighbors while on the ground in a puddle of blood?

Posted on: 2015/6/3 1:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
My heart goes out to Yvonne. Be strong, there are good people out there who have your back!

Posted on: 2015/6/3 1:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Remember, black lives matter, except when no whites are involved.

Now I think this is appalling but somehow I doubt those inclined to riot or protest will give a damn about this woman. Or they'll find a way to point the finger at anyone besides the perpetrators.

Oh, and of course no mention is made that the shooters must be 100% black, and the pickpocketers probably are 100% black too. Because we all know that if anyone involved was white, it would be all over the national news. And then like magic, you'd see that community up in arms.

These factors are part of the reason why this stuff happens, and why it will only continue or get worse. Really sickening.

Posted on: 2015/6/3 1:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Some serious issues with that community.

Be nice if the police were allowed to clean it up and make a strong presence.

Why is the crime out of control there?

Is this a liberal issue ?

WTF

Posted on: 2015/6/3 0:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
sick

Posted on: 2015/6/3 0:25

Woman Shot in JC - Gets Robbed by Bystanders as she Lay Injured
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
(I've heard of some pretty bad JC stories, but this one definitely rises to the top. Appalling.)

By Caitlin Mota | The Jersey Journal
on June 02, 2015 at 6:26 PM

A city woman who was shot last week says she was robbed by bystanders as she laid on the ground waiting for police and EMTs to arrive.

Yvonne Scott, 45, was shot in the lower back on Stegman Street at 3:15 p.m. on May 27 after she went to an insurance agency to get the paperwork for her mother's new car.

The shooting was the second on Stegman Street that day and the third in the area in a three-hour span. A man was shot in "a lower extremity" on Stegman Street at 12:40 p.m. and another man was shot dead by a stray bullet on Sackett Street at 2:40 p.m.

Scott said she had just spoken with a few men on the corner when she heard a rapid fire of gunshots, one of which struck her.

"When I hit the ground, I thought I fell," Scott said. "That was my first time ever getting shot. ... That ground was hot and I didn't want to die."

Scott was shocked when she realized that bystanders were reaching into her pockets and stealing her medication, jewelry and pocketbook, she said.

More - One of Three Shootings that Day...

Posted on: 2015/6/2 23:39

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017