Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
31 user(s) are online (26 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 31

more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




« 1 (2)


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#23
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/7/11 15:25
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 357
Offline
And LOL safety inspections are spontaneous. There will be more of them. Unlike say, a traffic study that part of the agency didn't know about...

And actually the Port Authority has royally farked JC over and over and screws all of us every single day. So how is that politics? What disadvantage did Republicans or Fulop opponents face?

This versus an entire city shutdown for 4 days, with people missing interviews, meetings, and an old lady dying...because a mayor didn't endorse Christie.

For what the Port Authority does to us- what they did after Sandy, the baseless fare increases with no service, not paying taxes, and directing funds to Union City which has no PA facilities while JC and Hoboken get diddly because Christie doesn't like our mayors...you are going to compare this to inspecting trucks?

Nevermind the fact that terrorists have targeted our ports repeatedly, that trucks run roughshod over the entire city everyday...

Yeah it's just like the lane shutdown, just like Benghazi. Is there any pro-Christie, anti-Fulop argument that isn't a desperate straw grab?

Perhaps it was the teachers' union monitoring the trucks? Has anyone investigated whether President Obama has improperly audited the doctors against the Newark Ave pedestrian plaza?

Posted on: 2014/7/11 12:11
Print Top


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#22
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/7/11 15:25
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 357
Offline
That's rich. You can't possibly believe anything you say.

Please find me ONE other governor of NY or NJ who made an appointment to the Port Authority to a new position he made- and then claimed not to know said individual.

Please find me ONE governor who had an aide in direct contact with the Port Authority that advised said contact "time for traffic problems in X place."

Please find ONE governor who directed PA funds to a city with no Port Authority facilities or even access to water or the border between the states.

Please find ONE governor that assigned not one, BUT TWO law firms where he had personal connections- and then one of those firms actually was pushing for a development where they needed PA help.

And yeah Christie wasn't involved- he just called Cuomo to ask him to back off...a bunch of aides just did it sua sponte. OK, Michael Drewniak how do you have so much time on your hands?

Posted on: 2014/7/11 12:06
Print Top


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#21
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/16 22:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4196
Offline
I am not saying the truck should not be stopped, I went to a freeholders meeting probably a budget hearing and Freeholder Bill O'Dea was talking about getting legislation to weigh the heavy trucks. O'Dea said he was concerned about the weight of the material the trucks were hauling. He mentioned the city and the county does not have that jurisdiction. When the JJ article ran, I knew it was just politics, even the truck drivers know they cannot be pulled over.

Posted on: 2014/7/10 21:24
Print Top


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#20
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/16 21:45
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2986
Offline
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Sorry, under state law, the city cannot stop the trucks. In fact the truck drivers carried copies of the law on them. The city know this. It is the reason Bill O'Dea said last summer he wants a law pass in the state legislation to allow the county to inspect and stop trucks. What Fulop did was for show.


Genuine question - how does that law work? I regularly see semis, trucks and flatbeds carrying very heavy goods and machinery, travelling along 10th Street, in and out of the gates to Spectra's gas pipeline, even though the street is clearly posted with a 10 ton vehicle limit. Does the type of street dictate who can stop, check and issue tickets to these trucks - eg: state troopers on state roads, county police on county roads, city police on city roads?

Posted on: 2014/7/10 19:44
Print Top


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#19
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/16 22:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4196
Offline
Sorry, under state law, the city cannot stop the trucks. In fact the truck drivers carried copies of the law on them. The city know this. It is the reason Bill O'Dea said last summer he wants a law pass in the state legislation to allow the county to inspect and stop trucks. What Fulop did was for show.

Posted on: 2014/7/10 19:23
Print Top


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#18
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 15:38
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2910
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

And Fulop (and he's admitted it) staged a phony 'safety' inspection from the docks leased by the Port Authority and caused a massive traffic jam.


Really? Where/when did he "admit" this?


He said that the truck blockade, at the targeted Port Authority location, right after he said he was suing the Port Authority for $400 million was the first in city wide truck safety inspections. This was in November.

We've not had one since.

If it was a safety initiative (as he stated) he would've had it repeated, as he said he would at the time. Except he hasn't, because it wasn't.





I think we have different definitions of what "admit" means.

Posted on: 2014/7/10 19:00
Print Top


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#17
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/16 22:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4196
Offline
After Fulop filed his Port Authority lawsuit, truckers complained they were stopped. The city cannot stop truck traffic it falls under the jurisdiction of the state. This came out at a county meeting last year because Bill O'Dea want state to change to law to have the county to weigh the trucks. But here is the story on Fulop Administration stopping trucks. http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2013 ... rsey_city_harassment.html

Posted on: 2014/7/10 18:25
Print Top


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#16
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4099
Offline
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

And Fulop (and he's admitted it) staged a phony 'safety' inspection from the docks leased by the Port Authority and caused a massive traffic jam.


Really? Where/when did he "admit" this?


He said that the truck blockade, at the targeted Port Authority location, right after he said he was suing the Port Authority for $400 million was the first in city wide truck safety inspections. This was in November.

We've not had one since.

If it was a safety initiative (as he stated) he would've had it repeated, as he said he would at the time. Except he hasn't, because it wasn't.




Posted on: 2014/7/10 16:37
Print Top


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#15
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/10/18 21:18
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1506
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

And Fulop (and he's admitted it) staged a phony 'safety' inspection from the docks leased by the Port Authority and caused a massive traffic jam.


Really? Where/when did he "admit" this?

Posted on: 2014/7/10 15:59
Print Top


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#14
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4099
Offline
RU, Christie decided to let the voters determine the next Senator-after all, he could've just appointed someone to keep the seat until the next election-would you have preferred that? Senator Chiesa would still be in office. But as a moderate, Christie was fair to the electorate. Think a Democrat Gov would've appointed someone to complete the term? Of course, and for something similar see how Lautenberg replaced the Torch when the Torch was worried about being indicted. Those Dems-what a crazy bunch!

Yes, Governor Patterson appointed his own father to the Port Authority board. Christie gets noise for appointing supporters (like Fulop, he sure isn't going to appoint a non-supporter, is he?)-imagine if he appointed a relative? Would you be happy with that? So yes, Democrats have used the Port Authority in exactly the same way any other Governor has for the entire time the Port Authority has been in existence. You're shocked at that? Gee, were you equally shocked when Corzine, McGreevey, Florio, Patterson, Cuomo, and Spitzer made similar appointments?

And Fulop (and he's admitted it) staged a phony 'safety' inspection from the docks leased by the Port Authority and caused a massive traffic jam. Did you miss that? Political retribution to the Port Authority by the mayor of JC. How Christie like-except Fulop copped to it, and Christie didn't have a thing to do with the traffic cones in Ft. Lee. If you have some evidence, send it to Whizzy and Whiney-because their multi-million dollar dog and pony show hasn't found a single shred of evidence to the contrary.

Posted on: 2014/7/10 14:08
Print Top


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#13
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/9/30 21:03
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1125
Offline
While Fulop has been an improvement over Healy, the thing that pisses me off the most is that neither CME Associates nor DeCotiis, FitzPatrick & Cole are based in Jersey City. Couldn't the city give at least some of these lucrative contracts to local businesses? Or is there no engineering and law firm in Jersey City that's capable of doing the work?

Posted on: 2014/7/10 13:33
Print Top


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#12
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/7/11 15:25
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 357
Offline
HAHAHA

Governor Paterson was the governor of NY.

All you do is defend most corrupt governor in the history of NJ.

No bid contracts? Christie didn't even have a contract- HE JUST APPOINTS HIS FRIENDS TO TAKE THE MONEY STRAIGHT OFF THE TOP. Like Samson- who has no qualification for anything related to the Port Authority.

I must have missed where Fulop redirected Sandy funds from wards that didn't vote for him. I must have missed where Fulop's "aides" (yeah right) shut off traffic from the Heights as revenge on Boggiano.

I must have missed where Fulop spent 24M on a phony election- oh wait- he wants to move the election to November to save money.

I must have missed where Fulop spent 1M to hire a law firm to clear his name but interview no one who was part of the alleged dealings.

McGreevey- ha- that's a good one. Christie appointed his HS bud to a MADE UP NEVER BEFORE EXISTED position at the PA- and then claimed he didn't know him- but worse yet he can't be trusted because a HIS HIGH SCHOOL SOCIAL STUDIES TEACHER SAID HE WAS UNTRUSTWORTHY.

Can't our board's two member right wing fringe do real work, like contacting Fulop's high school social studies teacher?

Maybe Fulop wrote a high school paper telling us about how much he loves abatements, with dreams of spiting the mini-vanned hordes at PATH stations, unable to take Granny Oldtimer to her doctor's appointment due to a pedestrian plaza, and unable to afford the taxes on her million dollar brownstone for which she paid three shillings in 1921.

Fulop's going to be governor, while Governor Soprano will be concerned with soap placement. Get over it!

Rabble rabble abatements Benghazi ambulance contract rabble rabble!

Posted on: 2014/7/10 13:31
Print Top


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/10/15 13:32
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 766
Offline
"Fulop’s critics... concede that the donations don’t rise to the threshold of contributions prohibited by the 2008 measure...

'The fact that they don’t technically violate the law, however, does not mean that they don’t violate its spirit,” Aaron Morrill said.'"


This is a non-issue - the time-frame, the amount of the donations, the fact that state/city authorities are not bound by the pay-to-play laws - if people are really concerned, the legislation needs to be made stronger. ALL rules are promulgated with an eye on the exceptions, and not the spirit.

Posted on: 2014/7/10 13:27
Print Top


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#10
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/16 22:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4196
Offline
And I am starting to sense you are afraid of the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDg_CxsrsMY

Posted on: 2014/7/10 9:24
Print Top


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#9
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/16 22:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4196
Offline
Could some please explain, what does Christie's action have to do with Fulop? Fulop campaigned on 'pay to play,' Christie did not.

Posted on: 2014/7/10 7:19
Print Top


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#8
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/16 22:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4196
Offline
Fulop talks 'Pay to Play', in 2009
http://youtu.be/-PGLMQ-ifUw

Posted on: 2014/7/9 22:13
Print Top


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#7
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4099
Offline
More transparency. We know McGreevey doesn't live in JC, but he doesn't even have an office in City Hall? Very mysterious indeed!

http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2 ... us_ways.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/7/9 16:56
Print Top


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#6
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4099
Offline
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
Yes, such an injustice.

Maybe you'd see more about it, if say, as another politician

1: you wrongfully diverted funds MULTIPLE times to the Port Authority
2. you wrongfully diverted Sandy money
3. You made sure your buds and MULTIPLE law firms you're buds with were hired to do the work
4. You diverted funds from anyone who dared to question 1-3

Good thing we don't have a governor that did that!

Yours in Benghazi,

Abatement McInterloper


Nah, the Democrat stuff with the PA may be based on the Jersey City/Hudson County model. Don't you remember Governor Patterson appointing his own freaking FATHER to the board of the Port Authority, lol? Ever hear of nepotism and ethics?

But you're just throwing more stuff at the wall and hoping it sticks.

Oh, and care to talk about the non-bid contracts Fulop has given his buddy and fellow politician Lesniak's private law firm with public money?

If your analogy is just 'they all do it', then Fulop is no better than Christie, lol.


Posted on: 2014/7/9 15:53
Print Top


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#5
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/7/11 15:25
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 357
Offline
Yes, such an injustice.

Maybe you'd see more about it, if say, as another politician

1: you wrongfully diverted funds MULTIPLE times to the Port Authority
2. you wrongfully diverted Sandy money
3. You made sure your buds and MULTIPLE law firms you're buds with were hired to do the work
4. You diverted funds from anyone who dared to question 1-3

Good thing we don't have a governor that did that!

Yours in Benghazi,

Abatement McInterloper

Posted on: 2014/7/9 15:35
Print Top


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#4
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4099
Offline
Democrats have Teflon coating for this type of thing. Has anyone heard any press about Governor Cuomo diverting half a billion dollars from the Clean Water Revolving Fund towards the Tappan Zee project?

"The CWSRF “provides low-interest rate financing to municipalities to construct water quality protection projects such as sewers and wastewater treatment facilities. A variety of publicly owned water quality improvement projects are eligible for financing. Eligible projects include point source projects such as wastewater treatment facilities and nonpoint source projects such as stormwater management projects and landfill closures, as well as certain habitat restoration and protection projects in national estuary program areas,” according to the EFC’s website (www.efc.ny.gov)."

Pulaski Skyway? Scandal! Tappan Zee sketchy funding? Move along, nothing to see here.

So why be shocked if Fulop is paying back political supporters with public money in advance of his run for Governor? You'll see about as many follow up stories on nj.com as you've seen with Senator Booker and the Newark Watershed Commission illegalities.

Posted on: 2014/7/9 15:20
Print Top


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#3
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/1/10 17:45
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 161
Offline
thanks Dan for speaking up!! Maybe the zombies will finally hold Steve accountable for his actions and promises!

Posted on: 2014/7/9 15:13
Print Top


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#2
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/1/10 17:45
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 161
Offline
Why should anyone be shocked by this or other revelations about the hypocrisy of the "boy king". This is a game he is playing with our city. sell it to move onto the next position. Why would anyone believe Dan Becht about anything. Yes, Mr. Becht, you searched and searched to find to best firm for the best price and they just happen to be the guys who channeled money into the "boy kings" war chest. They don't even try to hide it!!!

Posted on: 2014/7/9 15:11
Print Top


Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#1
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/16 22:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4196
Offline

Posted on: 2014/7/9 11:06
Print Top




« 1 (2)




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017