Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
148 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 148

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Dog attack kills North Jersey teen, injures two others
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
I can't believe that any landlord is dumb enough to open themselves up for these lawsuits -- just imagine when their insurance companies find out!

My apartment building will allow dogs but not 8 specific breeds, including pit bulls and bull mastiffs (like the one that killed the kid in this story).

Seems like a smart policy. I bet almost all of the fatal dog attacks are only caused by these 8 breeds.

Posted on: 2014/3/3 1:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
I can't believe that any landlord is dumb enough to open themselves up for these lawsuits -- just imagine when their insurance companies find out!

Posted on: 2014/3/3 0:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Standard dog owner response.

1. My dog is great and people friendly
2. My dog was well trained
3. Impossible for dog to escape from yard / enclosure
4. Victim at fault, must of teased the dog
5. little or no remorse for the victims

I think that's happening in your head.

In any case, most people in "urban" areas have these dogs for protection. Often the dog is mistreated and made to be mean. Drug dealers have used dogs for years as security. Often they would be left on roof-tops to keep cops from getting easy access during drug raids.

So in your head, there is every chance that 'these dogs' are mistreated, made mean for protection and anyone owning one is likely to be a drug dealer.

Was the lady downtown that had a similar dog that attacked of few people and violated a Court order to relocate them a drug dealer, mistreating her dogs or trained them mean - no need to respond as she claimed to be a loving dog owner!

We all have a view point and a theory, but by-in-large, rarely will I read that a dog owner raised their hand and be accountable for any behavior their dog did commit.

The attorney of the dog owner will, with no doubt lay blame on these kids and use facebook images of how placid and loving the dog and owner is or was.

Most likely in a weeks time this will be all forgotten and the rants will draw to a close with no change to legislation or better management codes of pet ownership.

Posted on: 2014/3/3 0:48
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

In any case, most people in "urban" areas have these dogs for protection. Often the dog is mistreated and made to be mean. Drug dealers have used dogs for years as security. Often they would be left on roof-tops to keep cops from getting easy access during drug raids.

I think we need more dog control. Stop breeding assault dogs, and make sure every person who wants to have a dog register it with the state, and submit their dogs DNA so we can test for repeat dog foo offenders. Sorry that the criminals have to spoil it for the law-abiding dog owners, but if we can cut down on these types of senseless attacks, I think that's what is best for us all.

Posted on: 2014/3/2 23:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Posted on: 2014/3/2 23:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
Creepy cross in the back left of that photo...

Posted on: 2014/3/2 22:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Thank God this dog has already been euthanized, and there will be none of the same nonsense there was with that previous bullmastiff that was actually in Jersey City with those husband and wife owners that ignored a court order requiring them to send their two dogs to California and didn't even pay the municipal fines (that is, until this guy buys another dog). That went on for five years, by then one of the dogs passed away and the other was finally sent to Utah. Thankfully in this case the police had the sense to immediately euthanize.

I don't know about the suitability of bullmastiffs as pets but given their size and what I've seen so far it doesn't seem like they'd function too well in an urbanized setting. I just don't get why anybody would have such large dogs, given the sizes of most houses and yards in this immediate area. Seems pretty selfish to me to have a dog of that size in this urbanized setting.

Posted on: 2014/3/2 22:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Nice doggy.

Quote:
Cindy Mauro, a certified professional dog trainer who serves North Jersey through Cindy Mauro Dog Training, said bullmastiffs can be "very friendly, very loyal, good dogs."

She stressed that any dog is capable of inflicting harm, not just breeds like bullmastiffs or pit bulls.

?You can?t just say all bullmastiffs are bad," she said. "There?s plenty of really, really good ones."

-snip-

Zacheus used her smartphone to record several video clips of the police presence in her back yard. In one, viewed by a reporter, she recorded a man believed to be the deceased boy?s father.

?He was saying, ?My son, my son, my son.? He was crying and crying and crying," Zacheus said.

-snip-

At some point, the dog?s owner was also attacked and bitten on the hand before stabbing the dog ?quite a few times,? DeCando said. The dog, described by DeCando as a 115-pound bullmastiff, was ?humanely euthanized.?

Posted on: 2014/3/2 21:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/3/2 21:14
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Dog attack kills North Jersey teen, injures two others
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Dog attack kills Paterson teen, injures two others

PATERSON ? Paterson police on Sunday identified the victim of a vicious attack by a large dog Friday as 13-year-old Kenneth Santilla of Paterson.

Paterson police also identified the dog's owner as Paul Clarke, 50, of Paterson, according to Sgt. David Rios.

Among the questions that went unanswered were what had caused the dog to lash out on Friday and why it took several hours for the victim?s body to be found in the area of a nearby creek bed several hours later.

?Who knows what happened?? Paterson?s chief animal control officer, John DeCando, said. ?A child is dead. And I can?t comprehend that.?

Authorities said they received a report that two city teens, both 13 years old, had been assaulted Friday by a large dog while walking in the area of Sherwood Avenue between Crosby and Chamberlain avenues. After the attack, the boys ran in different directions, Capt. Heriberto Rodriguez said.

One of the boys was later reported missing. A search was conducted, and his body was found around 11 p.m.

- See more at: http://www.northjersey.com/news/Polic ... html#sthash.nYCmQJXY.dpuf

Posted on: 2014/3/2 19:14

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017