Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: House on 4th ST between Erie & Jersey just broken into 2PM WED Jan 23
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
I don't have time (busy at work) right now to give a in-depth answer. The super short one is as follows:

When the economy gets worse and revenues / aid for Jersey City get constrained, it will be active duty law enforcement that will get cut first. In particular, the younger guys who actively patrol.

Quote:

mfadam wrote:
MDM - curious why you think crime rates likely to head up in next year or two?

Posted on: 2013/1/24 18:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
MDM - curious why you think crime rates likely to head up in next year or two?

Posted on: 2013/1/24 1:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
(sorry to hear about your friends loss..it sucks)

Shhhhh don?t say anything about a crime happening in JC, especially on the ?blogosphere?. You wouldn't want to be pegged as a "fear monger". Your burglary is just one of the 600+ crimes that get reported to the JCPD every month. It will most likely not be one of the very few that makes it to the JJ. Could you imagine what our perception of crime in JC would be if the JJ did report on the JC?s 600+ crimes a month?

From Mayor Healy's State of the City Address:

Many of you have heard some people say that crime is on the increase in Jersey City, despite the crime statistics certified by the State Police and the FBI that prove the opposite, that in fact, crime continues to trend downward in Jersey City. Those individuals who fear monger for whatever reason are doing a great disservice not only to the City of Jersey City, but to its people and ultimately to themselves.

from the JJ 2/17/2012:

Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy said at a press conference this morning that there?s a ?disconnect? between residents who believe crime is on the rise and statistics from the FBI and the State Police that show crime is on the decline.

Asked to explain the disconnect, Healy blamed The Jersey Journal, in part.

?It?s a perception. It comes from your newspaper,? he said. ?It comes from the internet and the blogosphere.?

Like the mayor, Comey referred to a ?disconnect? between crime stats showing a downtrend trend in crime and residents who believe crime has spiked. That disconnect, Comey said, is not the public?s fault.
?It?s no fault of our own, and it?s not fault of the community,? he said.

PS- I swear Comey and Healy said that with the redesign of the JCPD website there would be a real-time crime blog. (as recommended by a blogger on the JJ) I think that would be a good thing at least we would all know where and when a crime took place in JC. Hey maybe it would also be a good way to get witnesses, leads, and a help us protect our houses and bodies more. Still hasn?t appeared on the JCPD ?blogosphere? yet.

Bravo, great post. Kim Jong has the same logic as Healy. "nothin' happenin' here!"

Posted on: 2013/1/24 1:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/7 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
I have had the opposite experience with the JCPD--consistently. There was an incident several years ago when I heard someone on the first floor, called 911, and there were at least 10 cops surrounding the house within 10 minutes (the perp heard me call and ran out). Other times they have responded promptly to alarms---whether intentionally or accidentally triggered. That is not to say anything about the crime rate, just that I have been fortunate to have very good experiences with the police.

Posted on: 2013/1/23 23:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 14:36
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Great post, neverleft.

Posted on: 2013/1/23 22:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(sorry to hear about your friends loss..it sucks)

Shhhhh don?t say anything about a crime happening in JC, especially on the ?blogosphere?. You wouldn't want to be pegged as a "fear monger". Your burglary is just one of the 600+ crimes that get reported to the JCPD every month. It will most likely not be one of the very few that makes it to the JJ. Could you imagine what our perception of crime in JC would be if the JJ did report on the JC?s 600+ crimes a month?

From Mayor Healy's State of the City Address:

Many of you have heard some people say that crime is on the increase in Jersey City, despite the crime statistics certified by the State Police and the FBI that prove the opposite, that in fact, crime continues to trend downward in Jersey City. Those individuals who fear monger for whatever reason are doing a great disservice not only to the City of Jersey City, but to its people and ultimately to themselves.

from the JJ 2/17/2012:

Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy said at a press conference this morning that there?s a ?disconnect? between residents who believe crime is on the rise and statistics from the FBI and the State Police that show crime is on the decline.

Asked to explain the disconnect, Healy blamed The Jersey Journal, in part.

?It?s a perception. It comes from your newspaper,? he said. ?It comes from the internet and the blogosphere.?

Like the mayor, Comey referred to a ?disconnect? between crime stats showing a downtrend trend in crime and residents who believe crime has spiked. That disconnect, Comey said, is not the public?s fault.
?It?s no fault of our own, and it?s not fault of the community,? he said.

PS- I swear Comey and Healy said that with the redesign of the JCPD website there would be a real-time crime blog. (as recommended by a blogger on the JJ) I think that would be a good thing at least we would all know where and when a crime took place in JC. Hey maybe it would also be a good way to get witnesses, leads, and a help us protect our houses and bodies more. Still hasn?t appeared on the JCPD ?blogosphere? yet.

Posted on: 2013/1/23 22:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
I had an attempted break-in in my place back in 2005. I wasn't sure if someone was in my house or not and called the JCPD and asked for a radio car so a cop could go inside first.

Took over 40 minutes. I asked the cop what took so long. He stated they dispatched him from down near Greenville as there was nobody available in the Heights.

I have had two other break-ins since then.. each with the same M.O. (I am positive it is the same guy(s) who did the last two) in my rentals. The alarm is ignored because they know it takes a long time for the JCPD to respond.

I upgraded the locks on the building with Segal types, which you can't cut around to pull the deadbolt back. So far, that has worked.

I am expecting the crime rate to go up drastically in the next 18 to 24 months, so I am planning to fortify the buildings (as my budget allows). Hopefully the thieves will go after easier buildings and leave myself and my tenants alone.

Posted on: 2013/1/23 22:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 18:03
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/1/23 22:01

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/10 2:05
Group:
Registered Users
UPDATE 4:30PM JCPD still didn't show up!!!
they where called 2:45 "your in the stack buddy" is what they say
my friend just went over to the precinct
they should be canvassing the neighborhood I'm sure those guys are walking around somewhere with my friend's TV.
Everybody who reads this, keep your doors locked, turn on alarms, Downtown is not safe!
Report any suspicious people hanging around in backyards, we can do something about this but it starts by noticing suspicious behavior!
Someone walking around with a package or something in a blanket or coat in a backyard is not normal on a cold day!

Posted on: 2013/1/23 21:45

House on 4th ST between Erie & Jersey just broken into 2PM WED Jan 23

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/10 2:05
Group:
Registered Users
My friend's house, police is called
they came in through the backyard, made a big mess.
All kinds of stuff missing.
Please keep a lookout for suspicious people carrying bags or walking around with boxes or something
also if you see abandoned boxes or bags please bring them to the police 207 7th St East district
201-547-5408
Thanks
Mke

Posted on: 2013/1/23 20:09

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact