Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City breaks ground on first new city police station since 1954
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Nomorebullcrap wrote:
Built with a Dunkin Donuts' Drive Thru! Haha... I actually like JCPD....Union City police...they a bunch of douches though!

This is only my limited, personal experience, but I will say that I have noticed a marked improvement in the police presence and attitude in the downtown area. I see more cops throughout DTJC, and they are almost always quick to smile and/or return a simple greeting.

Posted on: 2015/4/11 3:16

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/16 14:24
From Beirut
Group:
Registered Users
Built with a Dunkin Donuts' Drive Thru! Haha... I actually like JCPD....Union City police...they a bunch of douches though!

Posted on: 2015/4/10 22:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Two years behind schedule, new Jersey City police station set to open

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal The Jersey Journal
on April 10, 2015 at  3:03 AM

The new, $11 million West District police station is set to open by early May, nearly two years behind schedule, city officials said this week.

The station, which will be named after slain police Detective Melvin Santiago, had originally been due to open in June 2013, and then that was pushed to December 2014. Robert Kakoleski, the city's business administrator, said a dispute with the contractor led to the most recent delays, but it has been resolved.

"Things are happening," Kakoleski said Monday at the City Council caucus. "It's really close."

The new police station, located at Clinton Avenue and Seidler Street, will replace the 143-year-old West District precinct on Communipaw Avenue. It will be the first new police station in Jersey City since 1954.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... _behind_schedule_new.html

Posted on: 2015/4/10 7:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
imo new construction s_cks. they don't build as well today as they did 100 years ago.

Posted on: 2012/4/25 17:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Hopefully the construction job will come out better than the new municipal court house. I read that the court house has been riddled with problems.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... y_suing_justice_comp.html

Posted on: 2012/4/25 16:40

Jersey City breaks ground on first new city police station since 1954
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City breaks ground on $10.4 million police precinct, the first new city police station since 1954

Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 5:04 PM
By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal

Jersey City officials broke ground this morning on a $10.4 million police precinct in the city?s west district, a new facility that will replace the 140-year-old West District precinct on Communipaw Avenue that a police official today called an ?abomination.?

The 29,000-square-foot precinct, which is scheduled to be completed in 14 months, has been in the works for more than 30 years. Mayor Jerramiah Healy said it will improve the neighborhood as well as police response times.

?We?re finally getting this done,? Healy said.

It will be the first new police precinct in Jersey City since 1954.

The City Council contracted the work back in 2010, but the losing bidder sued, putting the project in limbo for years.

Situated on the corner of Clinton Avenue and Seidler Street, the new precinct?s entrance would face Martin Luther King Drive. The facility will include a bullet-proof reception area, a secure area for prisoner drop-off and pick-up and energy efficient design, according to city officials.

Police Chief Tom Comey today praised the mayor and City Council members for securing the funds, mostly through the city?s capital budget, to construct the new precinct.

According to Comey, the city has been on the verge of building a new West District precinct for decades. Back in the 1970s, he said, officers stationed in the current West District were told ?don?t get too comfortable? because of a rumored new precinct.

Nearly 40 years later, and the new station is finally become a reality, and when it?s finally built, it?ll be like ?Christmas morning,? Comey said today.

Officers contacted The Jersey Journal last year to complain about conditions of the current precinct, saying it had numerous Occupational Safety and Health Administration violations. Today, Deputy Police Chief Peter Nalbach called the current precinct, where about 130 officials are stationed, an ?abomination.?

Councilwoman at large Viola Richardson, a retired police officer, said she was stationed at the West District for a few years during her time with the Jersey City Police Department.

?That building should?ve been condemned 40 years ago,? Richardson said

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... y_breaks_ground_on_1.html

Posted on: 2012/4/25 14:22

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017