Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
209 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 209

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Alternate commute ideas
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
I was once like you, and I believed that someone would suddenly come up with some great idea for commuting options (bike tunnel through the Holland was one of my favorites too), but I have come to accept the fact that the Port Authority does not have your best interests in mind. In fact, they're more than happy to provide you and me with inadequate service while they hike their fares and rake in more profits. The five stages of grief is a perfect model and can be applied to Jersey City residents.

1. Denial - "Oh, I don't mind these new toll hikes and train fares...they're absolutely needed and the fact that PATH had a record number of riders in 2011 doesn't mean anything! Well, at least Whole Foods is coming!"

2. Anger - "I CAN'T BELIEVE THESE A-HOLES!! IN FOUR YEARS THE PATH TRAIN IS GOING TO COST MORE THAN THE MTA SUBWAY IN NYC! OH AND I CAN'T GET AN UNLIMITED CARD THAT WORKS IN NYC AND JERSEY BECAUSE THE MTA AND THE PORT AUTHORITY CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO SPLIT THE PROFITS?!? BS!!!!

3. Bargaining - "I'm going to start an "alternate commute ideas" thread on jclist.com and talk this one out." The PA better get their act together, otherwise I'm gonna start a "kayak to work" club!

4. Depression - "WHY DID I EVER BELIEVE JERSEY CITY WAS A GOOD INVESTMENT!? WHOLE FOODS ISN'T COMING!

5. Acceptance - "Ok....Jersey City is, 'good enough.'"

Posted on: 2012/1/27 17:56

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/2 13:12
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder what the feasability is of one lane of the Holland being closed for a 15 -20 minute window in the morning for bikers to use. For those who take the WTC path, this would be pretty awesome. Could be at work in no time.

Posted on: 2012/1/27 17:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
The Villages huh? I heard a podcast interview with a guy who wrote a book about that creepy place. The best part was about a dope smoking geriatric Lothario he hung out with. Apparent the grannies and grandpas there drink, get high and screw around a whole lot, in addition to pimping their carts.

http://kunstlercast.com/shows/kunstlercast_146_geritopia.html

Posted on: 2012/1/27 3:41

Alternate commute ideas
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
With the PATH being stretched to the maximum, traffic jams and parking issues during peak periods a nightmare, alternatives need to be explored. Imagine a fleet of golf carts with restricted speed limits using bike paths and single regular car lane being spit to accommodate 2 lanes for carts? Sounds stupid, well imagine the Holland tunnel having a lane for carts and bikes ? Parking could be tripled in areas where a single bay could accommodate 3 carts ! How cost-effective would it be for commuters to NY and the environment benefits, considering most vehicles travelling into the Holland for work in NY have only one person in them ! Imagine a cheaper cost for parking or tolls using a cart ? Now look at the video.

Posted on: 2012/1/27 0:36
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017