Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City Public Schools Need a New Immigrant Superintendent
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users
I keep thinking this has got to be a joke. What was he thinking?

By the way Heights...don't pat yourself on the back. You are in no ways some how better than this guy. I hope people haven't forgotten at times your blatant racism.

By the way been dying to ask, "where do you get those white sheets from?"

:)

Posted on: 2011/10/20 23:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
You know, this post annoys me more and more. I am a child of immigrants and I can tell you that my parents were always grateful and humbled by the opportunity that they had in this country.

My father went to school here and received his masters in engineering. He was a very smart guy who did his job well. He used to say that if he was American born, he might have gone further in his career, but because his english wasn't that great, he didn't really get past middle management. Was he bitter about it? Not at all, because he knew that he gave us a much better life here than he would have in his home country.

The arrogance of some people. How about elect the person who is the best qualified candidate for the job? What a douche.

Posted on: 2011/10/20 23:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NJ678 wrote:
Dear Editor:
It is a time of change, indeed! Seton Hall and Stevens Institute of Technology recently inaugurated immigrant presidents. Two immigrants who arrived in the U.S. as students decades ago became presidents of two of New Jersey?s largest private universities in separate ceremonies last week. Jersey City Public Schools needs a new superintendent to run our school system; an ideal individual with the qualifications to do the job, an immigrant.

Therefore, now we know where you head is at. In addition, according to your quote of an article of these foreign school presidents remember they were educated in this country. If we cannot set an example with homegrown scholars then we have failed within ourselves.

Posted on: 2011/10/20 22:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

asdfdf23 wrote:
Mr Yousef,
If you would have only written the paragraph below, I could possibly have supported you.
Now there is no chance of my vote/support, I fear you are a divisive person.
Best!

Quote:

NJ678 wrote:
I know our JCPS needs a new superintendent who believes in the power of education. The new superintendent should be someone who exercises fairness among the staff and students, someone who respects the students and parents and knows that they are strong partners and allies and not their worst enemy. Someone who knows the meaning of success and knows that failing is not an option. This individual will unite us not divide us because failing within our school system became part of our history.

Yeah...I concur. This guy sounds like an ass.

Posted on: 2011/10/20 13:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/12 11:58
Group:
Registered Users
Mr Yousef,
If you would have only written the paragraph below, I could possibly have supported you.
Now there is no chance of my vote/support, I fear you are a divisive person.
Best!

Quote:

NJ678 wrote:
I know our JCPS needs a new superintendent who believes in the power of education. The new superintendent should be someone who exercises fairness among the staff and students, someone who respects the students and parents and knows that they are strong partners and allies and not their worst enemy. Someone who knows the meaning of success and knows that failing is not an option. This individual will unite us not divide us because failing within our school system became part of our history.

Posted on: 2011/10/20 13:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 14:36
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
When did it become acceptable for city council candidates to express their reverse descrimination opinions? Mr. Youssef is a disgrace and should be ashamed of himself. If he's looking to give ammunition to people who are biased against minorities, he has succeeded.

Posted on: 2011/10/20 12:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/9 14:18
Group:
Registered Users
A new IMMIGRANT superintendent, that is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. Why do we have to have labels for reasons to give someone the job. Why does it have What does race or ethnic backropund have to do with why someone should be more qualified for the position. Why can't we just say " Hey Jersey City we need a new superintendent for our school system" Lets try picking someone who is QUALIFIED" someone who has a record of IMPROVING things. There are someo keys words we should be looking for, not immigrant.

Posted on: 2011/10/20 12:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
You look down your nose at local US talent and capability, feel superior to US folks because you have been educated abroad, and want to "educate" kids in the US?

You are simply out of your mind. Your assertion that immigrants are somehow better is stupid, idiotic and offensive.

I'll agree that the US attracts the best from overseas. However, I think you display an arrogance to equate immigrant status with better education capability.

I wouldn't want my kids educated by someone who entirely disses US education. I think you deserve a FAIL.

Posted on: 2011/10/20 10:29

Jersey City Public Schools Need a New Immigrant Superintendent
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/6/24 11:45
Group:
Registered Users
Dear Editor:

It is a time of change, indeed! Seton Hall and Stevens Institute of Technology recently inaugurated immigrant presidents. Two immigrants who arrived in the U.S. as students decades ago became presidents of two of New Jersey?s largest private universities in separate ceremonies last week.

Jersey City Public Schools needs a new superintendent to run our school system; an ideal individual with the qualifications to do the job, an immigrant.

Our city is one of the most diverse cities in our nation and an immigrant would be the best fit for schools superintendent. Over the past 12 years as a teacher working in JCPS, I witnessed a huge achievement in education and standardized test scores attained by immigrant students in all JCPS even though we have had a failed education system for the past decade. The immigrant students achieve the highest test score grades in our district. They must be doing something right folks, let?s be real.

As an immigrant parent and teacher myself, I know our JCPS needs a new superintendent who believes in the power of education. The new superintendent should be someone who exercises fairness among the staff and students, someone who respects the students and parents and knows that they are strong partners and allies and not their worst enemy. Someone who knows the meaning of success and knows that failing is not an option. This individual will unite us not divide us because failing within our school system became part of our history.

Education reform in our city is one of my top priorities as a candidate for City Council at-large in the general election Nov. 8.

Thanking you in advance for all your support.

Nabil Youssef
At-Large City Council candidate ( 17 E )

http://www.jerseycityindependent.com/ ... immigrant-superintendent/

Posted on: 2011/10/20 9:39

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017