Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Ferris H.S. Brawl Brings Cops in the Mix
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
What\'s soo strange about this? This happens every year as school opens.
Its like an opening ceremony.

Posted on: 2011/9/14 18:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
On the limited number of occasions when I'm out and about in downtown during lunch, I have to say I'm pretty surprised they let these kids out for lunch. I drove through a horde of them today during lunch and several cars were going about 5 miles per hour down the street, because dozens of Ferris students were completely disregarding the traffic. One kid even yelled "go ahead, hit me" while walking AT my car, when I tried to slowly take a turn during a break in the crowd (I was going less than 5 mph and he could have more easily walked around the car). The students hang out on stoops of buildings that I know are not their homes, yell at the top of their lungs, and generally run pretty wild. I think the school environment would be safer and the neighborhood better off if they ate in a supervised cafeteria environment.

Posted on: 2011/9/14 17:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
I think this JCLIST thread:

"5 to 6 choppers hovering over downtown... whats going on?"

...was started soon after this gang fight happened (Click the link below):

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... p?topic_id=25176&forum=10

And YES - stop letting these teens out at lunchtime -- it only gives these rival GANGS more time to pick fights -- it would also make it easier to concentrate police efforts for after school!

Posted on: 2011/9/14 14:46

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/24 13:20
Group:
Registered Users
This seems to have happened only a short time later just a few blocks away.... related? Too bad the JCPD can't do math. 2+2 ?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... er_bullet_casing_fro.html

Posted on: 2011/9/14 14:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/5 15:16
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Is "agitated" a new code word?

Posted on: 2011/9/14 13:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/7 17:35
Group:
Banned
STOP LETTING THESE LITTLE BASTARDS OFF CAMPUS FOR LUNCH!!!! They ruin the Downtown JC neighborhoods, they throw trash all over the streets and they fight all the time!!!!!! I am shocked the kid that was arrested actually HAD A FATHER!!!!!

Posted on: 2011/9/14 13:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
50-students armed with bats and bricks brawled it out Monday afternoon
View Larger Map Jersey City police respond to brawl at Ferris High School, arrest 16-year-old student Published: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 3:03 AM By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal Resized Image An officer looks for possible hidden weapons outside Ferris High School yesterday after a fight had broken out the day before as students were leaving school. A group of about 50 ?agitated? juvenile males armed with baseball bats and bricks clashed in front of Ferris High School Monday, an altercation that led to the arrest of a 16-year-old boy accused of throwing a baseball bat at a police officer. The brawl, which occurred at about 3:15 p.m., shortly after school was dismissed, involved about 30 Hispanic males and 20 black males, according to reports. It may have been the result of another fight earlier in the day, officials said. The Ferris students separated from a larger group of about 100 males who had been ?swarming? at the intersection of Montgomery and Brunswick streets, on the southeast corner of the Ferris campus, police said. Police attempted to stop the brawl when they saw the 16-year-old boy ready to strike another juvenile with an aluminum baseball bat, reports said. The brawlers ran in different directions when they saw police, and the 16-year-old, after running about 20 feet, stopped and threw the bat at an officer, according to reports. Police chased the teen, who attempted to ?hide in a group of females that were in a courtyard,? and after a brief struggle the cops handcuffed and arrested him, reports said. The bat he allegedly threw at the officer was hollowed out and filled with gravel ?in an attempt to make it heavier so that it can cause more damage when swung,? police said. The suspect, who had no open warrants, was released into the custody of his father, according to reports. He was charged with resisting arrest, aggravated assault and weapons offenses. Reports said extra units were on the scene ?in anticipation of a large street fight.? Police spokesman Lt. Edgar Martinez said police will occasionally send out extra units to schools if they receive reports of an expected brawl. District spokeswoman Paula Christen confirmed that there was an off-campus fight during lunch hour. ?There were two groups of students that were involved in an altercation, so that might have just led to what happened,? she said. According to Christen, Ferris administrators initially believed the fight involved non-Ferris students. They said dismissal ?went well? that afternoon, she said.

Posted on: 2011/9/14 12:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
In a few years they will all be at Indio's Place.

Posted on: 2011/9/14 0:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/15 3:35
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
AGAIN?

AND WHERE IS OUR $300K overpaid Dr. Epps. Has he come back from vacation yet?

Also, seems like JC schools need some Black / Hispanic Diversity classes as apparently this brawl seems racially motivated.

And what happened to staggered releases from schools? Having all these kids let out all at once is pure chaos.

All of the kids should be made to do public service.

Any thoughts?

FG

Posted on: 2011/9/14 0:09

Ferris H.S. Brawl Brings Cops in the Mix
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users