Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: The beautiful new pool is empty of swimmers!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for posting! I was interested in going to the pool but had heard nightmares about the crowds. I went right after work today, and it was AMAZING!!! You have to get out of the pool by 6:30. There were maybe a dozen or so people there from 6-6:30. They said that they will stay open until at least Friday, September 2.

Posted on: 2011/8/25 0:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/7 5:42
Group:
Registered Users
colleen: According to the following city webpage, the new pool's last day will be this Sunday. Pershing is the only year around pool in JC... The pools also closed last year before Labor Day. http://www.cityofjerseycity.com/uploa ... /summer-pools--7-1-11.pdf

I went to the new pool 4 times in the first month it was open, all during the week and all during the afternoon....it was an overcrowded NIGHTMARE. I never went back. Guess many others reacted as I did, either that or the cooler temperatures have kept folks away.

Posted on: 2011/8/24 23:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/31 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
If you happen passed in the morning you will see the same 3-4 cars there almost every day, I don't think the lifeguards are driving a cadillac or euro sport-utes!
Lots of pools have a hard corps group that does laps first thing in the morning and I'll betcha this pool has the same.
Will it close after Labor Day?

Posted on: 2011/8/24 23:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/24 5:16
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for posting this -- I will definitely check it out!

On a related note, can anyone recommend a swim instructor for private lessons for adults?

Posted on: 2011/8/24 19:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/11 20:22
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know the closing date for the pool? I am very much looking forward to swimming there, but I am currently out of town.

Posted on: 2011/8/24 19:30

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/19 14:35
From Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
I'm a swimmer, and I didn't know it was there. I will certainly take advantage of the Sunday hours. Thanks.

Posted on: 2011/8/24 17:44

The beautiful new pool is empty of swimmers!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/12 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
The beautiful new pool at Johnston Avenue opens at 7 in the moring and, until yesterday, closed at 7:30 PM. The last four days I have been there with my kids and we have been virtually the only ones. From 7 to 7:30 last night, we were the only ones in either the fun pool or the eight lane regulation 25 meter pool. As we were leaving, we were told that as of today, the pool will close at 7:00 because no one is using it. It also is nearly empty early in the morning. So perhaps that will be discontinued as well. On Sunday afternoon at 2:00 PM, there were perhaps 20 people in the big pool and 10 in the little pool It is a bit strange given how people kevetch about needing things like this- only to have people lose interest after the first few weeks. BTW, even when it was overwhelmed with people the first few weeks it opened, I never saw any violence and two cops are stationed there daily anyway. Finally, the pool is being maintained pretty well. The deck and locker rooms are clean. They could vacuum the pool more often and insist on bathing caps. The water clarity fluctuates. Not sure why.

PS
WebMaster please don't force this into the prior Johnston Avenue Pool thread as this has a significantly different slant

Posted on: 2011/8/24 14:59

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017