Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
131 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 131

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 2 Jersey City brothers charged with cockfighting after dead roosters found in car
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users
I hope it wasn't Little Jerry Seinfeld!!

Posted on: 2010/9/7 19:44

Re: 2 Jersey City brothers charged with cockfighting after dead roosters found in car

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/14 13:07
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder if it's the same guy that owns the old red SUV,who always parks at coles and columbus who's bumper sticker is a picture of a rooster and below it,in spanish says "Cockfighting the Sport of Gentlemen"

Posted on: 2010/9/7 19:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/18 18:17
Group:
Banned
"$26,000 bail each"

@26k bail for letting two chikins kill each other, yet I can buy a chikun at Shop Rite for 3 bucks.

We live in a truly idiotic world.

Posted on: 2010/8/26 21:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Cock fighting must be a new gay sport !

Posted on: 2010/8/25 23:21
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Another example of how and why "traffic stops" work.

Posted on: 2010/8/25 17:55

2 Jersey City brothers charged with cockfighting after dead roosters found in car
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Monmouth police: 2 Jersey City brothers charged with cockfighting after dead roosters found in car

Wednesday, August 25, 2010
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Two Jersey City men were arrested on cockfighting charges after police in Eatontown spotted blood on their clothes during a motor vehicle stop, and found four of eight roosters in their car dead and covered with gashes, officials said yesterday.

Pedro Jose Tejada, 44 of Duncan Avenue, and Harry Tejada, 33, of Broadway, were arrested after being pulled over for a broken tail light on Highway 36 at 2 a.m. Sunday, said Buddy Amato, chief of police of the Monmouth County SPCA.

The brothers were charged with numerous animal cruelty offenses, including possession of cock fighting paraphernalia, possession of cockfighting birds, possession of hypodermic needles and drugs for cockfighting, and possession of cockfighting spurs, Amato said.

Eatontown police also charged them with weapons offenses related to knives found in the 1997 four-door, Nissan, as well as possession of drug paraphernalia, said Amato who believes the pair had left a cockfight shortly before being stopped.

"There is no doubt they brought the birds down from Jersey City," said Amato, who interviewed both men after their arrest. "I know for a fact the birds were being fought down here in Monmouth County but I'm not sure where yet."

When police pulled the pair over they found four live roosters in pillow cases and four dead birds, Amato said, adding that one of the live birds was so badly injured it had to be put down a short time later at the Red Bank Animal Hospital. He said a second bird died of its wounds yesterday at the Monmouth County SPCA in Eatontown.

Amato said both men had bloody, 2-inch-long, needle-sharp, cockfighting spurs in their pockets. The spurs are attached to the fighting birds' feet during a fight in order to increase the damage their blows cause.

The birds had been surgically altered for fighting. Amato said. Their combs had been cut off, and the feathers on their chests had been removed in order to expose their skin and make wounds more gory for the pleasure of spectators, he said.

The brothers said 37 people brought birds to the cockfight but said they followed another vehicle to the location and could not recall where it was, Amato said.

Both men were sent to the Monmouth County jail where they are being held on $26,000 bail each, Amato said.

Posted on: 2010/8/25 15:30

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017