Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
63 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 63

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: City Council Meeting Tonight - March 24th
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/31 0:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bike_Lane wrote:
To those of you who couldn\'t make it, don\'t worry. The Council wasted no time sticking it to us again.

Council voted against introducing ordinances to eliminate health benefits for JCIA and MUA board members. Win for the administration and its cronies. Loss for us.

The \"Fulop muzzle\" ordinance, up for second-read tonight, passed. Win for the administration and its cronies. Loss for us, and for our voice in Council.

Surprisingly the ordinance on JC1TV passed first-read this time! Possible win for us!

A young man from Ward A stood up to comment on rising teen violence, and proposed a teen mentoring/coaching program. He asked why Councilman Sottolano had not responded to his repeated efforts to talk to him about the program. Sottolano\'s only response was, \"I\'ve been in youth ministry for 40 years. When you get that much experience talk to me.\" He and Council President Brennan laughed in the face of this man who was desperately trying to get someone to do something about violence in his neighborhood. And these guys laugh him off the podium. It\'s disgusting. The man\'s plea fell on deaf ears. The city had coaches working part-time for minimum wage. They were fired to save the city some cash. The city didn\'t get rid of the car we bought and maintain for Councilman Vega. The city didn\'t get rid of health benefits for JCIA and MUA board members (Healy appointees) who serve one hour a month. The city fired soccer coaches who earn minimum wage part-time and keep the kids out of the streets. Where are the priorities and allegiances? With the people or with friends of the mayor?

I was there.

We all know what needs to be done.

The recall committees are gearing up and getting ready for the May announcement (in accordance with state rules of recall).

Recall teams have been formed for Wards C & A, (Lopez and Sottolano).

Ward B (Donnelly) - will run a candidate against him for the November election.

Enough laughing in the faces of people.

Information will be coming out shortly.

If you are interested on working on the recall or another aspect of this effort, please pm me.

Posted on: 2010/3/25 10:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
To those of you who couldn\'t make it, don\'t worry. The Council wasted no time sticking it to us again.

Council voted against introducing ordinances to eliminate health benefits for JCIA and MUA board members. Win for the administration and its cronies. Loss for us.

The \"Fulop muzzle\" ordinance, up for second-read tonight, passed. Win for the administration and its cronies. Loss for us, and for our voice in Council.

Surprisingly the ordinance on JC1TV passed first-read this time! Possible win for us!

A young man from Ward A stood up to comment on rising teen violence, and proposed a teen mentoring/coaching program. He asked why Councilman Sottolano had not responded to his repeated efforts to talk to him about the program. Sottolano\'s only response was, \"I\'ve been in youth ministry for 40 years. When you get that much experience talk to me.\" He and Council President Brennan laughed in the face of this man who was desperately trying to get someone to do something about violence in his neighborhood. And these guys laugh him off the podium. It\'s disgusting. The man\'s plea fell on deaf ears. The city had coaches working part-time for minimum wage. They were fired to save the city some cash. The city didn\'t get rid of the car we bought and maintain for Councilman Vega. The city didn\'t get rid of health benefits for JCIA and MUA board members (Healy appointees) who serve one hour a month. The city fired soccer coaches who earn minimum wage part-time and keep the kids out of the streets. Where are the priorities and allegiances? With the people or with friends of the mayor?

Posted on: 2010/3/25 6:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/19 22:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
JerseyCityPower wrote: The yuppie-hipsters of downtown who are NOW crying because THEIR pockets are NOW being OBVIOUSLY picked by crooked politicians--have not the energy, nor true desire to drive a true revolution. It's embarassing to them. Where were they during the start of the wars on Afghanistan and Iraq? In the streets? Or, did THEY benefit from the wars? BUT..now..their taxes are additionally being raised and there is a pathetic 'revolution'. I wish I could have been there to see these events. Oh well......I guess we get what we deserve. ENJOY THE ONCOMING MISERY PEOPLE!

Posted on: 2010/3/25 1:52
I am a rock, I am an Island... and a rock feels no pain and an island never cries...Simon & Garfunkle

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/7 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Ah but if only these meetings were televised...we could watch recaps on youtube in the am.

Posted on: 2010/3/25 1:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/14 6:40
Group:
Registered Users
Even though I know its held every 2 weeks, it completely slipped my mind today.

They knew this would happen though.

Posted on: 2010/3/25 1:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/25 16:31
Group:
Registered Users
My apologies to those who held their ground at the city council meeting tonight. I was unable to be there. I will be there at the next meeting.

Posted on: 2010/3/25 0:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/21 18:47
Group:
Banned
The yuppie-hipsters of downtown who are NOW crying because THEIR pockets are NOW being OBVIOUSLY picked by crooked politicians--have not the energy, nor true desire to drive a true revolution.

It's embarassing to them.

Where were they during the start of the wars on Afghanistan and Iraq? In the streets? Or, did THEY benefit from the wars?

BUT..now..their taxes are additionally being raised and there is a pathetic 'revolution'.

I wish I could have been there to see these events.

Oh well......I guess we get what we deserve.

ENJOY THE ONCOMING MISERY PEOPLE!

Posted on: 2010/3/24 23:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe 30 people here. About a half dozen of them attorneys here to make sure their bidding is done. RIP Revolucion.

Posted on: 2010/3/24 23:27

City Council Meeting Tonight - March 24th
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone going? I noticed the crowd dropped from 500+ to probably less than 200 at the last one. Hello revolutionaries??

The budget hasn't been approved yet (and won't be tonight.) Be heard.

Posted on: 2010/3/24 17:15

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017