Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bergn Lafayette: Cops chased cyclist who refused to stop
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/8 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
He really didn't think. If they really thought he had a gun, one wrong move and he could have been dead instead of arrested. He is lucky.

Posted on: 2009/10/2 19:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/21 18:57
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
DowntownSteve28-- Well, my comment wasn't ignorant but it WAS kinda angry. I have to look at that. Before I worked in the Criminal Justice field I had some truly horrific experiences with police officers and sometimes it shows in my posts. If you had seen the stuff I've seen.... I WISH it was fantasy. I have no right to assume they pretended to think they saw a gun in order to have probable cause to stop someone, but it happens. Of course the guy certainly didn't use his head in riding away.

Posted on: 2009/10/2 16:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/22 21:37
From Carolina's Lavanderia
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DirtMcGirt wrote:
You're not allowed to have a gun in JC?

I believe there is some sort of law about concealed weapons.

Posted on: 2009/10/2 4:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/8/27 23:48
Group:
Banned
You're not allowed to have a gun in JC?

Posted on: 2009/10/1 23:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/25 2:12
Group:
Banned
Quote:

marybarr wrote:
With all the crap going on out there they certainly have better things to do. They probably assumed because it was after 11:00 p.m. and he was out on a bike he was a drug dealer and looked for any probable cause to stop him.

I don't even know what to say to that.. most ignorant comment I've read all week. Have you ever been through that neighborhood at night? There are people on bikes all over the place. I love this little fantasy world you conjure up where you know everything.

Quote:
In this case they used we thought we saw a gun.

This sums it up pretty well.

Posted on: 2009/10/1 19:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/18 18:17
Group:
Banned
This cyclist was obvs a threat to the public safeties. He should have his bicycle license revoked.

Posted on: 2009/10/1 19:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/22 21:37
From Carolina's Lavanderia
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

marybarr wrote:
Let's fill the quotas guys. With all the crap going on out there they certainly have better things to do. They probably assumed because it was after 11:00 p.m. and he was out on a bike he was a drug dealer and looked for any probable cause to stop him. In this case they used we thought we saw a gun.

I'm not sure what your point is Mary. I'm glad to see these reports lately. It seems like the JC police are stepping it up a bit and trying to be proactive. All the guy had to do was stop and show the cop he didn't have a weapon and he would have been able to leave and go about his business without a problem. Instead he told the cops to f*** off provoking them to come after him. The bicyclist brought it on himself.

You can't have it both ways: either the cops crack down on people or they hang back and wait for something bad to happen. Slightly off topic but related: you know there is a national search for terrorism suspect Najibullah Zazi accomplices? How can the police and law enforcement find people like that if they don't ask questions when someone looks suspicious?

Posted on: 2009/10/1 19:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/21 18:57
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Let's fill the quotas guys. With all the crap going on out there they certainly have better things to do. They probably assumed because it was after 11:00 p.m. and he was out on a bike he was a drug dealer and looked for any probable cause to stop him. In this case they used we thought we saw a gun.

Posted on: 2009/10/1 18:07

Bergn Lafayette: Cops chased cyclist who refused to stop
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Cops: We chased cyclist who refused to stop

Thursday, October 01, 2009

When a Jersey City cop thought he saw the butt of a gun sticking out a bike rider's waistband Tuesday night, he tried to get the cyclist to stop.

But the biker, who was pedaling along Martin Luther King Drive near Wilkinson Avenue at 11:40 p.m., didn't stop and police in their cruiser chased him all the way to his home.

Police found no gun, but charged James Shuler, 23, of Orient Avenue, with resisting arrest and obstructing a government function, reports said.

During the chase, Shuler allegedly shouted at the cops, "(Expletive) you. I'm not stopping," reports said.

When Shuler arrived home, he dropped his bike on the sidewalk and darted inside the house.

Police entered Shuler's second-floor apartment and arrested him as his "extremely agitated" family members yelled at the officers to get out, reports said.

MICHAELANGELO CONTE

Posted on: 2009/10/1 12:03

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017