Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: manhunt in the heights?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/14 17:57
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

regulator wrote:
it's all in good fun. there was a similar incident in hoboken a few days ago, where 6 cops responded to a homeless guy in a park who allegedly had his hands in his pants. yes, 6 cops might be excessive, but i guess it's better safe than sorry.

...one to question the subject, one to hold the tripod, one to mount the videocam, one to light the set, two to misdirect public attention....

Posted on: 2009/5/1 19:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
from what i heard from a witness at the park incident in hoboken, was that his pants were around his ankles and there were children around. damn straight i'd want cops there to stop it.

Posted on: 2009/5/1 19:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:
i'm surprised it took nearly half an hour for someone to bash the police. you people are slacking.

it's all in good fun. there was a similar incident in hoboken a few days ago, where 6 cops responded to a homeless guy in a park who allegedly had his hands in his pants. yes, 6 cops might be excessive, but i guess it's better safe than sorry. similarly, i appreciate the job the jcpd does and i would much rather have too many cops rather than too few (or none).

we dont really know what the manhunt in jc was about.. maybe it was an armed felon on the loose.. in which case the response was clearly appropriate.

Posted on: 2009/5/1 18:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

regulator wrote:
the thread title brought me back to my childhood playing manhunt with kids from the block on those warm summer nights... ah the good ole days

addressing the topic; given JCPD often disproportionate response to crime, my guess would be it was someone who skimped on paying the fare on the light rail.

I notice that some listers use this site for meeting at a central location for field games such as tag football or basketball. Now that the weather is getting warm perhaps we can get together for a game of manhunt. Who's in ?

Posted on: 2009/5/1 17:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
i'm surprised it took nearly half an hour for someone to bash the police. you people are slacking.

Posted on: 2009/5/1 16:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
Quote:

regulator wrote:

addressing the topic; given JCPD often disproportionate response to crime, my guess would be it was someone who skimped on paying the fare on the light rail.

lol, good one.

Posted on: 2009/5/1 16:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
the thread title brought me back to my childhood playing manhunt with kids from the block on those warm summer nights... ah the good ole days

Posted on: 2009/5/1 16:23

manhunt in the heights?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/18 14:49
From heights
Group:
Registered Users
Yesterday around 5.45pm i got off the elevator at Congress street and noticed a ton of cops. One was in a SUV and he was pulled over and looking around, the other was coming thru the intersection *(with sirens running the red) looking out their window.
I heard one woman say "you ain't gonna find him". Apparently they were chasing some guy. That wouldn't be too weird, but as i walked 2 more blocks i saw 2 cop vans driving slowly looking out the window, 2 cop cars, doing the same and 1 more police SUV. They were all centralized around Congress and Palisades, but going in all different directions. anyone hear anything? thats a lot of cops for one criminal...

Posted on: 2009/5/1 15:59

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017