Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: anyone familiar with bayonne? need some help
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 13:56
Group:
Banned
Quote:

marybenson wrote:
we recently moved near the the previously mentioned park recently, and think its absolutely beautifu,l safe, and quiet.

i love talking to some of my older neighbors who definitely make it a "neighbor" hood. judicke's has great cakes and pastries, joe's pizza has the best pizza anywhere, and there is even a little takeout taqueria. don't get me started about the awesomeness of hendricksons.

marybenson - do check out Warsaw Deli (Polish food) next door to Judickes, and fresh fish at Scudder's.

Bayonne rocks in many ways. I love the small-town feel and small businesses where "everybody knows your name".

Posted on: 2008/12/6 0:51

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/20 16:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

wibbit wrote:
are you close to ave a or ave e area?

We're close to Ave E. It's a super easy walk to the train.

Posted on: 2008/12/5 22:54

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/19 0:09
Group:
Registered Users
we recently moved near the the previously mentioned park recently, and think its absolutely beautifu,l safe, and quiet.

i love talking to some of my older neighbors who definitely make it a "neighbor" hood. judicke's has great cakes and pastries, joe's pizza has the best pizza anywhere, and there is even a little takeout taqueria. don't get me started about the awesomeness of hendricksons.

Posted on: 2008/12/5 21:03
Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it.
It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever.
--Noam Chomsky

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
Quote:

heights wrote:
the Bayonne cops do their job like the J.C. Parking Authority does their job.

lol that's a good one.

thanks fellas, i have been looking for a while to find a place that doesnt have those ridiculus paulus hook $2000 rents for a 1br but is safe and has easy transportation to exchange place.

think i just found it.

Posted on: 2008/12/5 18:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Avenue B is a nice area running from 35th St. to 58th St. if you can stay closer to 35th then the Light Rail is 3 blocks east. Basically anywhere in Bayonne is fine, the Bayonne cops do their job like the J.C. Parking Authority does their job. Bayonne cops do not tolerate anything plus they live there.

Posted on: 2008/12/5 16:12

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/30 3:40
Group:
Banned
Bayonne is definitely a safe place. At least for now until the next War of the Worlds breaks out.

Posted on: 2008/12/5 16:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/19 13:54
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Lafayette wrote:
Whoever said stay away from prospect is lost....If you want to know whats going on in bayonne here is a little bit.

32 and Prospect is probably one of the hottest spots right now. Its by the 34th street light rail stop, shopping at stop and shop, you have movie theather, houlihans, hibachi steak house, wendys and dunkin donuts and a bunch of other stores right there.
You have the boatworks coming soon with luxury housing and you have a ferry coming soon at 34th street and i think thats 440....that ferry will be going to battery park nyc.
There is a another big development of commercial stores etc right near there..People are going to be killing to live along Avenue E and prospect arounc 34th -to 25th street from now on.

Just a tidbit......

I just would like to clarify for Wibbit that I didn't mean to stay away from Prospect/Ave E because of safety, it's just a little busier over there & not as quiet as other areas. I don't think there's any unsafe area of Bayonne.

Oh, & if anyone wants a good Italian restaurant in Bayonne - Piccolinos is awesome!

Posted on: 2008/12/5 15:26
"His father was a mudder.
-His father was a mudder?
-His mother was a mudder.
-His mother was a mudder?
-What did I just say?"

-Kramer

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/15 17:02
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I lived in Bayonne for 5 years on 34th btwn C & Blvd. I can honestly say that I felt very safe! I am a woman and at the time in my 20's. I jogged at night and never had a problem. It's a great location!!! Close to the LightRail, good bakery, great Polish deli, 7-Eleven etc.

Plus there is an awesome park on 38th & Blvd for jogging, rollerblading, easy biking... or just hanging out with a chair and a good book!

Posted on: 2008/12/5 15:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

newleafcpk wrote:
We just bought a house in Bayonne a few months ago right near the 34th St Light Rail station. We are really loving living here. Neither of us drive, and it's so easy to get anywhere. It seems to be a really safe neighborhood.

hi newleafcpk, are you close to ave a or ave e area?

from what i gathered so far 30s-40s are ok, below 10s are ok. But 10s to 20s street arent very good.

Posted on: 2008/12/5 4:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

linky wrote:
btw; Bayonne has the bestest pizza around.

Yes, Pompei Pizza on Broadway around 22nd 23rd. They use the ingenious ploy of blowing the exaust from the ovens directly onto Broadway. Draws you in like a magnet.
Bayonne is pretty much all around safe. It's a nice place to live, lots of nice parks, stores, much more parking friendly than JC (no sweeping on the side streets, only the avenues and free guest street parking passes). It's a much quieter place than JC.

Posted on: 2008/12/5 1:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
I like the area (downtown) near below 10th st near staten island. It's a cute little neighborhood. Reminds me of my own jc nabe in the seventies.

I lived in Bayonne for about 4 months (48th St. near the park). It's nice and quiet.

Ave C near the park is nice too.

btw; Bayonne has the bestest pizza around.

Posted on: 2008/12/5 1:00

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/20 16:33
Group:
Registered Users
We just bought a house in Bayonne a few months ago right near the 34th St Light Rail station. We are really loving living here. Neither of us drive, and it's so easy to get anywhere. It seems to be a really safe neighborhood.

Posted on: 2008/12/4 23:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/10 11:55
Group:
Banned
Whoever said stay away from prospect is lost....If you want to know whats going on in bayonne here is a little bit.

32 and Prospect is probably one of the hottest spots right now. Its by the 34th street light rail stop, shopping at stop and shop, you have movie theather, houlihans, hibachi steak house, wendys and dunkin donuts and a bunch of other stores right there.
You have the boatworks coming soon with luxury housing and you have a ferry coming soon at 34th street and i think thats 440....that ferry will be going to battery park nyc.
There is a another big development of commercial stores etc right near there..People are going to be killing to live along Avenue E and prospect arounc 34th -to 25th street from now on.

Just a tidbit......

Posted on: 2008/12/4 18:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think Ave. E is necessarily unsafe, it's just a super-busy road with a lot of traffic.

I haven't spent very much time in Bayonne, and when I'm there, I'm generally on Broadway (I assume you don't want to live there, it's where all the restaurants and shops are...).

I've taken the lightrail to the 45th St. stop and walked from there to Broadway & never felt unsafe. There's some cute, well-kept houses in the 40's between Ave. E and B'way.

Posted on: 2008/12/4 18:17
-What did I just say?"

-Kramer

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
thanks for the info nikyrob!

i was thinking more of streets, didnt know aveune makes such a big difference too. They seem so close together from ave a to e. Is it safe to walk home late at night from lightrail which is located on ave e?

Posted on: 2008/12/4 18:03

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I've never been to a "bad" part of Bayonne. Any area of that town is reasonably safe.

Last year, I almost moved to Bayonne - I have a friend who has lived there her entire life. According to her, the "downtown" area is the nicest part - I guess that's the part near Staten Island and probably further from the lightrail.

When I was looking for apartments, I emailed her for tips. I will copy & paste her email below. Hopefully it's helpful. Luckily I ended up staying in JC. :)

"Anywhere on Avenue B is nice and if you are looking on Avenue C make sure it's between the 30's and 40's. 17th is the "ghetto". Stay away from anything on Avenue E or on Prospect. The streets to watch out for are 16th up to 25th on Avenue C or the Blvd."

Posted on: 2008/12/4 17:40
-What did I just say?"

-Kramer

anyone familiar with bayonne? need some help
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Does anyone know around which light rail stop is the best (safest) part of bayonne? thinking about moving there but has to be very close to one of the lightrail stops.

Also is the area just outside of the boatwork bubble any good? It's all the way south.

thanks

Posted on: 2008/12/4 16:54

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017