Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Education activist says she'll run for Fulop's seat
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/4 2:56
Group:
Registered Users
Dunno for me it's all about what Fulop decides to do. I think Jersey City needs him and if he decides to stay in his seat I'll support him. However, if he moves up to higher office; I'll gladly support Skinner.

I've seen her speak at BOE meetings... it's great.

Posted on: 2008/6/27 2:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/4 14:09
From Journal Square, duh!
Group:
Registered Users
Seems like now you have an option.
But then you have to ask yourselves: Will she eliminate corruption in the City Hall? Was she in Iraq? Is she able to swim in the Hudson in January? Will her aids produce films? These are the questions.

Posted on: 2008/6/20 21:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
great, can she get something done about zoning for parking?

Posted on: 2008/6/18 12:46

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/4 2:56
Group:
Registered Users
I think Skinner will make a good candidate especially against that idiot Junior who might run again.

What if Fulop decides he wants to keep his seat and not go for mayor? People also think he's just going for an at-large slate...doubt it though.

Posted on: 2008/6/18 12:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
silliness aside, though we are approaching what is universally known in Jersey City as silly season...

speaking as a Ward E resident, I believe Shelley Skinner is not only an excellant candidate, but will make a great Councilwoman for us.

I have known her for a few years and her announcment has met with much enthusiasm by neighbors and friends downtown.

of course everyone has to decide for themselves and of course VOTE. as her campaign moves forward, I hope the voters of our ward will give her the opportunity to make her case that she can represent us well, help us get better government and move our ward and city forward.

with this statement, which I believe many of us agree with, she is off to a positive start.....

"Jersey City needs more leaders who respect the opinions and needs of their constituents and are committed to fighting for them."

Posted on: 2008/5/31 15:18

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/6/11 17:02
Group:
Registered Users
She's got my vote if she pushes for school vouchers.

Posted on: 2008/5/31 2:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/13 17:19
From time to time
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

For her part, Skinner, 36, said she couldn't sit around and wait while Fulop dawdled.
[snip]
She's spent two years working as a personal secretary for Donald Trump and was a producer for the popular children television series "Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends."

Resized Image

Posted on: 2008/5/30 19:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Go for it, Shelley, you''ve got my vote!

Posted on: 2008/5/30 14:00

Education activist says she'll run for Fulop's seat
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Education activist says she'll run for Fulop's seat

Thursday, May 29, 2008
By KEN THORBOURNE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Jersey City resident Shelley Skinner, a close ally of Downtown Councilman Steve Fulop and founder of the parent group Jersey City Families for Better Schools, announced via e-mail yesterday that she's running next year for Fulop's Ward E council seat.

The announcement seemed to indicate that Fulop, a mayoral aspirant, had made up his mind to run for the city's top job.

But reached by phone yesterday, Fulop said Skinner's announcement caught him off guard and he still hadn't made up his mind about next May's mayoral race.

"We didn't really discuss this," said Fulop, 31, a vice president at the global asset manager Sanford Bernstein, about Skinner's announcement.

"She is a good candidate. There is no question about that," Fulop added. "Maybe I should take it as a general nudge to run for mayor."

For her part, Skinner, 36, said she couldn't sit around and wait while Fulop dawdled.

"I don't think it's a secret he (Fulop) would like to be mayor," said Skinner, the communications director at the Learning Community Charter School. "But I can't wait for Steve to make up his mind what's he's going to do."

A married mother of two, the Hamilton Park resident said she's running in part because of opportunities presented by the state's recent decision to return the public schools to local control.

"I believe there is an opportunity for me to not only advocate for better schools on a bigger scale, but also to address other issues important to families in Ward E," Skinner said. "Jersey City needs more leaders who respect the opinions and needs of their constituents and are committed to fighting for them."

A Chicago native, Skinner holds bachelor's degrees in arts and art history from Pitzer College in Claremont, Calif.

She's spent two years working as a personal secretary for Donald Trump and was a producer for the popular children television series "Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends."

Posted on: 2008/5/30 13:24

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017