Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Judge escapes scandal, lands city job
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/19 22:46
Group:
Registered Users
WOW amazing!
Must take corrupt city officials to know a corrupt!!! I wonder how this happened??? Come on people wake UP!!! don't you know Jersey City by NOW???? they're ALL corrupt!! I like Fulop though he seems to want to clean up this city and put back on track

Posted on: 2008/3/17 14:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/25 20:46
Group:
Registered Users
yeah that's the insulting thing, there's not even the courtesy of trying to hide the corruption....

I tried to find a good email address for Jonathan Miller this week - couldn't find one... if anyone knows it let us know!

Posted on: 2008/3/15 23:42
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/18 18:58
Group:
Registered Users
Now that Matsikoudis has hired

1) his no-show disgraced brother to work on the Mayor's personal defense

and

2) a disgraced, corrupt municipal judge

Will he bring in Eliot Spitzer as an assistant corporation counsel next?

Excuse me but reading this piece makes chunks of vomit churn up to my neck. This administration is beyond outrageous - they are so brazenly, nakedly corrupt.

Where are you Chris Christie?
Where are you Jonathan Miller?

Posted on: 2008/3/15 23:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/18 18:58
Group:
Registered Users
Now that Matsikoudis has hired

1) his no-show disgraced brother to work on the Mayor's personal defense

and

2) a disgraced, corrupt municipal judge

Will he bring in Eliot Spitzer as an assistant corporation counsel next?

Excuse me but reading this piece makes chunks of vomit churn up to my neck. This administration is beyond outrageous - they are so brazenly, nakedly corrupt.

Where are you Chris Christie?
Where are you Jonathan Miller?

Posted on: 2008/3/15 23:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/19 21:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

icantdrive55 wrote:
oh yeah... whatever did happen to those judges? that's the problem, these scandals flare up and then noone pays attention to the aftermath -- there are no consequences once all the initial furor dies down.

From the article: "The state Attorney General's Office charged four of the judges with committing second-or third-degree crimes and they are awaiting their days in court."

Maybe there aren't enough judges

Posted on: 2008/3/15 23:26

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/6/9 15:32
Group:
Registered Users
oh yeah... whatever did happen to those judges? that's the problem, these scandals flare up and then noone pays attention to the aftermath -- there are no consequences once all the initial furor dies down.

Posted on: 2008/3/15 4:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/22 9:03
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
What amazesme most about this story is how I am not even surprised

Posted on: 2008/3/14 20:38

Judge escapes scandal, lands city job
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Judge escapes scandal, lands city job

Friday, March 14, 2008
By KEN THORBOURNE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

He resigned his job as a municipal judge in Jersey City amid allegations he fixed parking tickets. But Vincent Signorile, a former chief judge of the court and former city councilman, is still on the city payroll and practicing law.

"I am doing litigation and development matters," Signorile said yesterday, ensconced in his office at City Hall. "It is a challenge to serve the city."

Last October, Signorile, 48, abruptly took an unpaid leave from his job as a municipal judge amid allegations he fixed parking tickets for court employees even though he ultimately was not charged with any crime.

In December, he officially resigned and took a job with the city's Law Department earning the same he was making as a judge - $105,000 a year, according to city officials.

Appointed to the bench in 1996, Signorile was the fifth judge, including former Chief Judge Wanda Molina, to either resign or take a leave in the wake of Jersey City's ticket-fixing scandal. Molina is accused of fixing tickets for her live-in companion.

The state Attorney General's Office charged four of the judges with committing second-or third-degree crimes and they are awaiting their days in court.

Attorney General's Office spokesman Peter Aseltine wouldn't say yesterday if Signorile remained a target of the ongoing investigation.

Asked if he fixed tickets, Signorile said: "I have no comment regarding that."

He said he took a leave of absence from the court because he "just wanted to move on."

Apparently Signorile's role in the scandal did not dissuade the city from hiring him. In fact, the city's top attorney said, residents will benefit from Signorile's legal know-how.

"Vinny Signorile has extraordinary experience in various areas of municipal law and has served as a municipal judge, as attorney to the Zoning Board, as a member of the Planning Board, and as a City Council member," said Corporation Counsel Bill Matsikoudis.

"The assertions against Vinny rise to a departure from protocol at best, and he is known and highly regarded as a fine and ethical attorney," Matsikoudis added.

Signorile represented Greenville on the City Council during the second administration of Gerald McCann.

Posted on: 2008/3/14 13:33

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017