Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
81 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 81

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: New York City too expensive? Try a room at IKEA -- Mark Malkoff, 31, moves into New Jersey Ikea
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 13:56
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Eleanor_A wrote:
F**k off with your sofa units and Strinne green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... let's evolve, let the chips fall where they may.

Eleanor_A - I have to apologize.

My post above is a direct quote from Fight Club, one of the best movies of all time.

The fact that this quote elicited your passionate (if not unexpected) response is imo a testament to the artistic quality of the film.

But I manipulated you (and other readers) by not attributing the quote properly and for that I again apologize.

Posted on: 2008/1/9 15:41

Re: New York City too expensive? Try a room at IKEA -- Mark Malkoff, 31, moves into New Jersey Ikea
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
F**k off with your sofa units and Strinne green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... let's evolve, let the chips fall where they may.

Posted on: 2008/1/9 4:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 13:56
Group:
Banned
If I saw something clever like coffee table sin the shape of a yin and yang, I had to have it.

The Klipske personal office unit, the Hovertrekke home exer-bike. Or the Johannshamnh sofa with the Strinne green stripe pattern...

Even the Rislampa wire lamps of environmentally-friendly unbleached paper.

I would flip through catalogs and wonder "what kind of dining set defines me as a person?"

I had it all. Even the glass dishes with tiny bubbles and imperfections, proof they were crafted by the honest, simple, hard working people of...wherever.

Posted on: 2008/1/9 0:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
This is hysterical, I love the comments from the cashier in his video (on his website).

Posted on: 2008/1/8 23:13

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/4/28 18:38
From jersey city..duh!
Group:
Registered Users
Thats funny

Posted on: 2008/1/8 22:14
I feel sorry for people who do not drink. When they wake up in the morning it is as good as they are going to feel all day.
Frank Sinatra (1915 - 1998), Quoted in The Sydney Morning Herald

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/26 20:59
From 240 Newark Avenue
Group:
Registered Users
I thought it was pretty pathetic until I read:

Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
On Tuesday night Malkoff, whose wife decided to stay with relatives, is planning to throw a housewarming party. He plans to stay at the store until Saturday.

His wife must just be thinking "You idiot - I'll be at my parents - see you next week."

Mark.

Posted on: 2008/1/8 22:13
www.JerseyCityMusic.com
-----------------

Re: New York City too expensive? Try a room at IKEA -- Mark Malkoff, 31, moves into Elizabeth Ikea
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/20 16:18
Group:
Registered Users
reuters really messed that up, he's at the paramus store not elizabeth.

Posted on: 2008/1/8 19:44

New York City too expensive? Try a room at IKEA -- Mark Malkoff, 31, moves into New Jersey Ikea
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
New York City too expensive? Try a room at IKEA in New Jersey

NEW YORK (Reuters Life!) - When furniture retailer IKEA promoted its latest U.S. sale by asking customers on its Web site if they are "ready to take advantage of us," one customer took them up on the offer in a novel way.

Mark Malkoff, 31, moved into the IKEA store in Elizabeth, New Jersey, for a week while his New York City apartment is fumigated because his friends' apartments were too small to accommodate him and hotels were too expensive.

His apartment was full of IKEA furniture, according to his Web site www.marklivesinikea.com, so living in the store would be no different -- although none of the appliances work and he is using an employee bathroom.

"I'm their house guest, so they take care of me," Malkoff said in a telephone interview from the store where he took up residence on Monday in a 700 square foot (65 square meter) bedroom with the approval of the Swedish retailer.

"I don't plan a career of sleeping in stores," said Malkoff, who last year visited all 171 Starbucks stores in Manhattan in 24 hours and chronicled it on the Internet.

If customers want to come into his room, Malkoff said he makes them take their shoes off. He has received invitations to birthday parties and bar mitzvahs and on Monday night played "laser tag" with the security guards.

On Tuesday night Malkoff, whose wife decided to stay with relatives, is planning to throw a housewarming party. He plans to stay at the store until Saturday.

"People are constantly pointing at me, like I'm an orangutan at the zoo," he said.

=======================

New York comedian finds temporary lodging at an Ikea store

Associated Press - January 8, 2008 1:33 PM ET

PARAMUS, N.J. (AP) - Comedian and filmmaker Mark Malkoff has ruled out staying with friends or checking into a hotel while his New York City apartment is fumigated for cockroaches.

Instead, he's struck a deal with the manager of the Ikea home goods store in New Jersey to stay there.

Malkoff has moved into an a spacious bedroom display at the store, and says he'll pass the time playing laser tag with security guards and he might even host a housewarming party. The only problem is the sink, toilet, refrigerator and flat-screen TV in his temporary digs are just displays.

Malkoff will also capture the whole thing on film, which is nothing new for him. He made a video last year titled "171 Starbucks," which documented his visits to all of the popular coffee chain's Manhattan stores in one day.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Posted on: 2008/1/8 19:08

Edited by GrovePath on 2008/1/8 19:49:38

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017