Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
60 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 60

more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/5/4 21:28
Last Login :
2019/8/21 0:12
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 81
Offline
Quote:

sameastheoldboss wrote:
Quote:

chainsawhand wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I call all of this rationalization...


I call bringing it up in the first place rationalization for people not wanting a minority in a position of power.


Yup this is what it's all about. Nothing about a career fraud who happens to be a radical racist with a sham charity Fulop, Theiroff, and Park use as a slush fund. Who paid for the Coronation by the way? That extravagant display of arrogance must have been very expensive.


I definitely don't see anyone going on for pages and pages about the homophobic slur he used. No, the obsession is the racial component because people just love to run with "reverse racism."

Anyway, what exactly is this Hilter that while people have in them? Is it some kind of slow muscle twitch fiber?

Posted on: 2014/10/15 14:28
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/7/1 16:39
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Posts: 1041
Offline
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Yes you win the argument , Panthers are well known for their spots, whence the famous expression.
Your exhaustive, in depth research on this subject (looked at wikipedia) has lifted the shades from my eyes. If I had been the victor in this important disagreement I too would have posted twice in my giddy, smug, inconsequential point-scoring delight.


Meh, it wasn't exhaustive. I already knew that fact. It's just infinitely delightful shutting down bigoted trolls like yourself who offer no intellectual value to any debate/argument/discussion aside from your constant "kill whitey" or "racist!!!" mantras. You, my friend, are the tired shill on this board.

Posted on: 2014/10/15 14:18
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/7/30 18:30
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
Posts: 254
Offline
Yes you win the argument , Panthers are well known for their spots, whence the famous expression.
Your exhaustive, in depth research on this subject (looked at wikipedia) has lifted the shades from my eyes. If I had been the victor in this important disagreement I too would have posted twice in my giddy, smug, inconsequential point-scoring delight.

I'm not even defending Fulop, if you aren't a developer, restaurant/bar owner or an "artist" then you ain't getting shit from Fulop. And only then if you are downtown or in Journal Square. He's still a step above Healy, who was a nice enough guy, but looked after his own.
Which brings us to the old guard shill - Sameastheoldboss.

This argument is not served by a troll whose sole purpose of being on this board is to bash Fulop irregardless of evidence for or against him. I find the claim laughable that he gave twice to get Fulop elected, but has now changed his mind in such a vehement and vicious manner.

Posted on: 2014/10/15 13:59
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/7/1 16:39
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Posts: 1041
Offline
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
So, Panthers don't DO have spots. you I'm an ignorant pig.


Fixed!

Posted on: 2014/10/15 12:39
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/7/1 16:39
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Posts: 1041
Offline
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Panthers don't have spots, you ignorant pig.


Yes, they do, genius. A panther is a black version of a leopard or a jaguar, depending on where it's from. When in proper light, you can see the spots:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_panther

This is the level on intelligence we're dealing with here, JCers List. It's roughly between a rock and celery. And I'm being generous.



Posted on: 2014/10/15 12:32
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/7/30 18:30
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
Posts: 254
Offline
Panthers don't have spots, you ignorant pig.

Posted on: 2014/10/15 12:28
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2897
Offline
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
'That is not who I am today' - according to Akil

Resized Image




You know what they say: A black panther never changes its spots...

Posted on: 2014/10/15 3:29

Edited by JCMan8 on 2014/10/15 3:45:23
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/7/30 18:30
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
Posts: 254
Offline
Quote:

sameastheoldboss wrote:
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Quote:

sameastheoldboss wrote:

Never commented on a topic before because nothing was interesting before.
I wrote two checks to Steve and my name is on his election report.


Yet wrote two checks to get Stephen Fulop elected, what was it that changed your mind about him, and how does your short turn around differ from Akil's lengthy one?

case.

The issue here is the racist chief of staff who should be fired.


Huh?

Posted on: 2014/10/15 2:42
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/11/13 18:42
Last Login :
3/15 23:54
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4119
Offline
'That is not who I am today' - according to Akil

Resized Image



Posted on: 2014/10/15 2:01
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/11/12 22:57
Last Login :
2014/10/29 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 24
Offline
Sorry about the stuffed a Jew in the oven comment, I guess my inner Hitler overcame me.

Posted on: 2014/10/15 0:59
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/11/12 22:57
Last Login :
2014/10/29 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 24
Offline
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Quote:

sameastheoldboss wrote:

Never commented on a topic before because nothing was interesting before.
I wrote two checks to Steve and my name is on his election report.


Yet wrote two checks to get Stephen Fulop elected, what was it that changed your mind about him, and how does your short turn around differ from Akil's lengthy one?

case.

The issue here is the racist chief of staff who should be fired.

Posted on: 2014/10/15 0:08
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/7/30 18:30
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
Posts: 254
Offline
Quote:

sameastheoldboss wrote:

Never commented on a topic before because nothing was interesting before.
I wrote two checks to Steve and my name is on his election report.


Yet wrote two checks to get Stephen Fulop elected, what was it that changed your mind about him, and how does your short turn around differ from Akil's lengthy one?

Posted on: 2014/10/14 15:21
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2897
Offline
Quote:

caj11 wrote:

"Stuffed a Jew into the oven" ? You really didn't have to put it that way.

In any case, he may have admitted being a concentration camp guard, but if he didn't disclose that he was a member of the Nazi party on his visa or green card application, then he has no case for staying here. He can be sent back immediately. This still happens once in a while and I have no sympathy for such people. They should have followed the proper procedures, I don't care how long ago it was.

Anyway, what's the big deal? Germany isn't the worst country to be sent back to today, and he'll probably get better health care over there. Elderly people are well taken care of in Germany, regardless of their income level.


That guy's point is the double standard in forgiving sins of the past. He sees the Nazi guard as being punished for what he did when he was a "brainwashed 17 year old kid," when Akil's transgressions are far more recent with no punishment.

Sameastheoldboss, no this is not a perfect strawman. I get your point but I think it is an unnecessarily inflammatory example that will distract from the main issue (because everyone will focus on the atrocities of the nazis).

A better example is Paula Deen, who many (left wing) people still haven't forgiven because she dared to say the N word in the 80s. Look how she suffered as a result. And Google it and you'll find a million articles condemning her.

I don't buy that Akil's radical racist views were a one time thing in 1995 either. First, the original article said he repeated his speech in 1998. Second, I believe he formed some racist organization and was invited to give the 1995 speech as a representative of his racist organization. That shows far more thought than a one off comment. Finally, we now have the rumors that Akil is only being kept on because Fulop used his fake charity as a political slush fund. As I said, I hope the appropriate people are investigating this, and this comes to light if true.

Finally, a strawman is a logical fallacy. Again, it means you are putting words in someone's mouth so their position seems ridiculous. A correct usage of a strawman here would be if I said, by refusing to fire Akil, Fulop is declaring it's open season on white people!

Posted on: 2014/10/14 15:10
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/10/1 1:03
Last Login :
Yesterday 21:04
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1207
Offline
Quote:
sameastheoldboss wrote: Quote:
nyrgravey9 wrote: Wow, the backpeddling and double standard present here from some of you fools is astounding. Lord knows if (strawman alert Pebbles!!) Akil were a.) a white guy or b.) a republican, or c.) both; all of you clowns would have a field day until the jerk was fired. Don't believe me? See how many posts and ridiculous posts there are for something like Christie's Bridgegate non-scandal. Yes, it's a different topic, but the logic applies. He's a white Republican and some of you useful idiots dragged it on for hundreds and hundreds of posts when GASP, no evidence was found connecting him. Not a single shred. Yet some of you continue, because you guys "just know it" to be true! Akil should be fired because, again, under the logic of the crazy lefties on here, once a racist, always a racist. And Steve's skeletons need to be front and center in the news, not just his shiny marketing campaigns. Quote:
stc4blues wrote: Quote:
sameastheoldboss wrote: [quote] Mohammed Akil is a racist who preached a message of hatred. Yes or no?
20141007-IMGP1171 In the PAST, yes. In the present, no. There was a time in the past when you were less than two feet tall. Does that mean that you're less than two feet tall now?
Yes and there was a time that we both thought shitting in our pants was entirely acceptable. This elderly man is facing deportation http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... GXIwo5j1TVT1vsPBL8wPeLz1g when there is not a shred of evidence that he ever stuffed a Jew into an oven. In fact he was a brainwashed 17 year old kid when he joined the Army. He obviously does not hold any racist views because that was sooo long ago. There isn't even a whiff of the stench coming off of the Fulop administration right now. Yeah he may have marched prisoners but he never used a phony charity as a political slush fund.
"Stuffed a Jew into the oven" ? You really didn't have to put it that way. In any case, he may have admitted being a concentration camp guard, but if he didn't disclose that he was a member of the Nazi party on his visa or green card application, then he has no case for staying here. He can be sent back immediately. This still happens once in a while and I have no sympathy for such people. They should have followed the proper procedures, I don't care how long ago it was. Anyway, what's the big deal? Germany isn't the worst country to be sent back to today, and he'll probably get better health care over there. Elderly people are well taken care of in Germany, regardless of their income level.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 14:54
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/11/12 22:57
Last Login :
2014/10/29 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 24
Offline
Did I just build the perfect strawman JCMAN?

Posted on: 2014/10/14 14:53
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/11/12 22:57
Last Login :
2014/10/29 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 24
Offline
Quote:
nyrgravey9 wrote: Wow, the backpeddling and double standard present here from some of you fools is astounding. Lord knows if (strawman alert Pebbles!!) Akil were a.) a white guy or b.) a republican, or c.) both; all of you clowns would have a field day until the jerk was fired. Don't believe me? See how many posts and ridiculous posts there are for something like Christie's Bridgegate non-scandal. Yes, it's a different topic, but the logic applies. He's a white Republican and some of you useful idiots dragged it on for hundreds and hundreds of posts when GASP, no evidence was found connecting him. Not a single shred. Yet some of you continue, because you guys "just know it" to be true! Akil should be fired because, again, under the logic of the crazy lefties on here, once a racist, always a racist. And Steve's skeletons need to be front and center in the news, not just his shiny marketing campaigns. Quote:
stc4blues wrote: Quote:
sameastheoldboss wrote: [quote] Mohammed Akil is a racist who preached a message of hatred. Yes or no?
20141007-IMGP1171 In the PAST, yes. In the present, no. There was a time in the past when you were less than two feet tall. Does that mean that you're less than two feet tall now?
Yes and there was a time that we both thought shitting in our pants was entirely acceptable. This elderly man is facing deportation http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... GXIwo5j1TVT1vsPBL8wPeLz1g when there is not a shred of evidence that he ever stuffed a Jew into an oven. In fact he was a brainwashed 17 year old kid when he joined the Army. He obviously does not hold any racist views because that was sooo long ago. There isn't even a whiff of the stench coming off of the Fulop administration right now. Yeah he may have marched prisoners but he never used a phony charity as a political slush fund.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 14:33
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2897
Offline
Nyrgravey9, I agree with your post but let's be clear that saying "If" does not make your statement a strawman. As my post explained, it makes it a hypothetical, commonly used in logical argument.

We could use a little less ignorance in the world. That means stemming the misinformation flow from people like Pebble who use words to sound smart when they have no clue what they mean. And that also includes booting a racist radical in Akil from a top post in JC government. Or if we can't get rid of him, to hold Fulop accountable.

Finally, if this is true with Fulop making use of Akil's phony charity, I hope the right people are looking into it.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 13:18
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/7/1 16:39
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Posts: 1041
Offline
Wow, the backpeddling and double standard present here from some of you fools is astounding. Lord knows if (strawman alert Pebbles!!) Akil were a.) a white guy or b.) a republican, or c.) both; all of you clowns would have a field day until the jerk was fired. Don't believe me? See how many posts and ridiculous posts there are for something like Christie's Bridgegate non-scandal. Yes, it's a different topic, but the logic applies. He's a white Republican and some of you useful idiots dragged it on for hundreds and hundreds of posts when GASP, no evidence was found connecting him. Not a single shred. Yet some of you continue, because you guys "just know it" to be true! Akil should be fired because, again, under the logic of the crazy lefties on here, once a racist, always a racist. And Steve's skeletons need to be front and center in the news, not just his shiny marketing campaigns. Quote:
stc4blues wrote: Quote:
sameastheoldboss wrote: [quote] Mohammed Akil is a racist who preached a message of hatred. Yes or no?
20141007-IMGP1171 In the PAST, yes. In the present, no. There was a time in the past when you were less than two feet tall. Does that mean that you're less than two feet tall now?

Posted on: 2014/10/14 12:42
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/2/8 17:21
Last Login :
11/26 13:07
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 382
Offline
Quote:
sameastheoldboss wrote: [quote] Mohammed Akil is a racist who preached a message of hatred. Yes or no?
20141007-IMGP1171 In the PAST, yes. In the present, no. There was a time in the past when you were less than two feet tall. Does that mean that you're less than two feet tall now?

Posted on: 2014/10/14 10:25
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/11/12 22:57
Last Login :
2014/10/29 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 24
Offline
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
So.

To all the newly minted jclisters like sameastheoldboss. Personally I don't mind holding politicians and public servants accountable. If any of them break laws - then yes - absolutely let's hold their asses to a flame. But I've got to ask - why did you guys decide to crawl out from under your rocks on this specific issue? Are you posting anonymously to avoid litigation for libel and slander? And you're bullshitting us when you posted that you originally donated to Fulop but changed your mind. Right?

I might disagree with folks like Yvonne - but Yvonne has a track record. Sometimes right. Sometimes wrong. But she's honest in her views and has my respect for that.


Never commented on a topic before because nothing was interesting before.
I wrote two checks to Steve and my name is on his election report.
Why would I worry about a libel suit when I am basing my opinion of documents that are readily available for your viewing pleasure.
Mohammed Akil is a racist who preached a message of hatred. Yes or no?
Mohammed Akil is Mayor Fulop's Chief of Staff who enjoys a 120k taxpayer funded salary with Cadillac benefits. Yes or no?
Mohammed Akil co-founded MTR with Richard Moon and they continued to solicit funds after their 501 was revoked. Yes or no?
Mohammed Akil was appointed Mayor Fulop's COS as a reward for helping deliver Ward F. Yes or no?
John Theiroff, a brilliant individual now sits on the board of MTR. Yes or no?
Various donations are made to MTR throughout the campaign which is being managed by John Theiroff. Yes or no?
John Theiroff now sits on the board of the MUA and some of MTR's biggest donors are granted huge contracts with the MUA. Yes or no?
Mohammed Akil solicits funds to assist needy children but specifically requests the checks be made out to JCY. Yes or no?
JCY is run by Veronica park who conveniently moonlights as Fulop's campaign finance chairperson. Yes or no?
Mayor Fulop who is more than media savvy refuses to fire Akil even though cutting ties with Akil was absolutely the best move to save his political future. Yes or no?
Why would a citizen have any fear of retaliation for petitioning his or her government for answers to disturbing questions?

Posted on: 2014/10/14 5:20
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3010
Offline
So.

To all the newly minted jclisters like sameastheoldboss. Personally I don't mind holding politicians and public servants accountable. If any of them break laws - then yes - absolutely let's hold their asses to a flame. But I've got to ask - why did you guys decide to crawl out from under your rocks on this specific issue? Are you posting anonymously to avoid litigation for libel and slander? And you're bullshitting us when you posted that you originally donated to Fulop but changed your mind. Right?

I might disagree with folks like Yvonne - but Yvonne has a track record. Sometimes right. Sometimes wrong. But she's honest in her views and has my respect for that.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 2:14
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/11/12 22:57
Last Login :
2014/10/29 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 24
Offline
Quote:

chainsawhand wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I call all of this rationalization...


I call bringing it up in the first place rationalization for people not wanting a minority in a position of power.


Yup this is what it's all about. Nothing about a career fraud who happens to be a radical racist with a sham charity Fulop, Theiroff, and Park use as a slush fund. Who paid for the Coronation by the way? That extravagant display of arrogance must have been very expensive.

Posted on: 2014/10/13 15:03
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/5/4 21:28
Last Login :
2019/8/21 0:12
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 81
Offline
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I call all of this rationalization...


I call bringing it up in the first place rationalization for people not wanting a minority in a position of power.

Posted on: 2014/10/13 13:25
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/11/13 18:42
Last Login :
3/15 23:54
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4119
Offline
Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/10/13 5:54
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/11/12 22:57
Last Login :
2014/10/29 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 24
Offline
A good reporter could get a lot of mileage out of this. Why is this story not all over nj.com Terrance? You know there's lots of digging to be done and this could be the one to put you over the top. Get in there and dig boy dig.

Posted on: 2014/10/13 4:19
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/17 2:16
Last Login :
Yesterday 2:45
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 5062
Offline
The phrase "MoreThan a Race" can be found as a film showcasing ultra runners, as a book about speed cycling across America and also used to describe many other "Ironman" events around the world. Akil himself is an ultra -marathoner. Just wondering whether there may be a copyright issue regarding use of the name for Akils group.

Posted on: 2014/10/12 20:29
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/10/11 0:37
Last Login :
2015/6/26 10:51
From Jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 8
Offline
Mayor Fulop's Chief of Staff Muhammed Akil's has used his "More than a Race" foundation in order to solicit funds from firms doing business with the city, Akil did not solicit these firms into making donations to his MTR Foundation but instead asked donations be made out to the"Jersey City Youth Foundation" (JYF). JYF is managed by Veronica Park, Ms. Park is Mayor Fulop's long time campaign treasurer/financial overseer.



http://www.ml.com/media/49828.pdf This is the link to the ethical guidelines all Merrill Lynch employees must abide by, page 4 attached below is of particular interest because it particularly references participation of employees in "non profit organizations"(such as the Jersey City Youth Foundation). Merrill Lynch requires the following conduct from their employees:

#1- Merrill Lynch directors and employees must avoid engaging in any outside business or other activity that might create a conflict of interest, create a perception of impropriety or jeopardize the company's integrity or reputation. A conflict of interest occurs when your personal interest interferes ? or even appears to interfere ?with the interests of Merrill Lynch. Every Merrill Lynch person must avoid activities, interests or associations that might interfere, or even appear to interfere, with the independent exercise of good judgment in the conduct of his or her duties or with the best interest of our company, our clients, or our shareholders.

#2- Merrill Lynch employees must report all outside business activities to their managers and to the Office of General Counsel so a review for potential conflicts of interest and other concerns can be conducted. Outside business activities and interests include among other things: serving as a board member, trustee or officer of a non-profit organization, such as a charity, foundation, or university.

#3- To comply with applicable regulations, most outside activities and interests must be pre-approved. Additional information concerning employee outside activities and investments can be found in the ML & Co., Inc. Policy Manual and business group policies.



PAGE 4 of MERRILL LYNCH ETHICS REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYEES:

Conflicts of Interest

Avoid conflicts of interest in performing your duties and seek advice of management and the Office of General Counsel when any actual or potential conflicts arise.

Merrill Lynch directors and employees must avoid engaging in any outside business or other activity that might create a conflict of interest, create a perception of impropriety or jeopardize the company's integrity or reputation. A conflict of interest occurs when your personal interest interferes ? or even appears to interfere ?with the interests of Merrill Lynch. Every Merrill Lynch person must avoid activities, interests or associations that might interfere, or even appear to interfere, with the independent exercise of good judgment in the conduct of his or her duties or with the best interests of our company, our clients, or our shareholders.

While it is impossible to foresee every potential conflict that could arise, all Merrill Lynch persons must be sensitive to potential conflicts, bring them to the attention of management, the Office of General Counsel or the Board of Directors and avoid them where possible. If a conflict cannot be avoided, it must be managed in an ethical, responsible manner and so as not to create the perception of impropriety.

Employee Outside Business Activities and Interests

Merrill Lynch employees must report all outside business activities to their managers and to the Office of General Counsel so a review for potential conflicts of interest and other concerns can be conducted. Outside business activities and interests include among other things, participating as a partner in another business, ownership of stock in a privately-owned business, holding limited partnership interests, serving as an officer in a family-owned corporation, acting as an outside director of another company, or serving as a board member, trustee or officer of a non-profit organization, such as a charity, foundation, or university. The appropriateness of a Merrill Lynch employee engaging in these and other types of outside business activities, interests or investment opportunities depends upon many factors, including the nature and extent of the outside interest, the potential for conflicts of interest, and the relationship between Merrill Lynch and the outside entities and the duties involved.

To comply with applicable regulations, most outside activities and interests must be pre-approved. Additional information concerning employee outside activities and investments can be found in the ML & Co., Inc. Policy Manual and business group policies. For example, service by any Merrill Lynch employee as a director, officer or employee of any other corporation or business must be authorized in writing by the Office of General Counsel. Unless approved in writing as provided in the ML & Co. Policy Manual, no Merrill Lynch employee may serve as a director of a publicly traded company.

Employees must keep their manager apprised of these activities and provide updated information on the Compliance Disclosure form on the Employee Activity Review System (?EARS?) at least annually. The EARS information will be monitored by the employee?s manager and by compliance personnel.

Directors of Merrill Lynch should inform the Corporate Secretary prior to accepting appointments to the boards of directors or advisory boards of any public or privately held company. The disclosure requirements and other possible conflict-of-interest issues involved must be analyzed and discussed with the Office of General Counsel.

Posted on: 2014/10/12 19:55
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 22:51
Last Login :
2021/12/2 18:21
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1591
Offline
Typically large companies, especially in finance have ethics requirement for employees to disclose if they serve on outside boards etc. to avoid conflicts of interest.





Quote:

Heights2014 wrote:
In a June 2014, solicitation letter from Akil's "More Than a Race (MTR)", he solicited funds in the name of MTR which had its tax exempt status rescinded by the IRS. MTR asks checks be made out to the "Jersey City Youth Foundation" and mailed to 230 7th Street, Jersey City N.J.
This letter is sent under cover of MTR which is indisputably under the control Mayor Fulop's Chief of Staff Muhammed Akil, the correspondence is signed by MTR Executive Director Richard Moon. The solicitation letter does not ask checks be made out to MTR but that checks be made out to the "Jersey City Youth Foundation", which is essentially a political arm of Mayor Fulop, the letter also claims donations would be tax deductible, whether or not that is the case will certainly be uncovered. http://jcyouth.org

Two of the Board Members of the "Jersey City Youth Foundation".

The Chair of the "Jersey City Youth Foundation" is Veronica Park who is the chief fundraiser coordinator for Mayor Fulop and has been for quite some time. As per her BIO, Ms. Park is also on the advisory board of the Jersey City Medical Center, a position Mayor Fulop had appointed her to by way of a 4/16/2014 letter. The letter of solicitation from Mayoral Chief of Staff Muhammed Akil's MTR asks that donated funds be sent to the residence of Ms. Park and made out to the "Jersey City Youth Foundation". In her BIO Ms. Park lends credibility to her competence by putting forth her work at Yo Mon Yogurt and Starbucks as an operations and marketing developer.

Another board member on the "Jersey City Youth Foundation" is Elissa Fulop a close relative of the mayor whom is the only board member that acknowledges living out of town. Prominent in her Bio is the fact that she works as a Vice President in Digital Marketing for Merrill Lynch.

As to the rest of the members of the board, a quick review will reveal that all but one are long time Fulop operatives.

I only wonder, if this mangled mesh of finances go south, how happy will Starbucks, Yo Mon Yogurt and Merrill Lynch be that their good names have been involved by their employees.

BELOW ARE THE BIO'S FOR BOARD CHAIR VERONICA PARK AND BOARD MEMBER ELISSA FULOP (ELISSA FULOP IS INCLUDED TO DEMONSTRATE THE STRONG CONNECTION THAT HE HAS WITH THIS ORGANIZATION, AN ORGANIZATION THAT HIS CHIEF OF STAFF IS ATTEMPTING TO SOLICIT DONATIONS FROM FIRMS DOING BUSINESS WITH THE CITY).


Veronica Park Chairwoman of Jersey City Youth Foundation:

Veronica Park lives in Jersey City with her 3 children who all attend PS #37. She is actively involved in her community with fundraising, consulting and connecting individuals for the common benefit of all. She is passionate about our city and has led the Mayor?s Backpack, Turkey and Toy Drive efforts for the past 4 years. She is a Board Member for the Jersey City Medical Center, Advisory Board Member for Bareburger, and Business Consultant for Yo Mon Yogurt. She was also the Finance Director and Inauguration Committee Chair for Mayor Steven Fulop.
Veronica Park continues her journey at Starbucks Coffee Company as a business, operations and market development leader with over the 20+ years. She is a high-integrity, results-oriented entrepreneurial master known for her ability to develop, replicate, strengthen and scale operations on a regional, national and international basis.


[b]Board member Ellissa Fulop of West Orange:


Elissa Fulop has over twenty years of marketing and advertising experience within financial services. Elissa has demonstrated the ability to drive results, lead and build effective cross-functional teams, create innovative product and marketing opportunities and manage key relationships both internally and externally. She is currently the Vice President of Digital Marketing at Bank of America Merrill Lynch. In this role, Elissa is responsible for partnership in defining strategies and aligning priorities for the Institutional Retirement business.Elissa graduated from Florida Atlantic University with a BA in Finance and currently lives in West Orange with her husband, 2 daughters and bulldog named Mugsy.




Posted on: 2014/10/12 13:26
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3010
Offline
Quote:

sameastheoldboss wrote:
Perhaps we should consult with the self-proclaimed smartest man on the planet.
Mr. DTJCVIEW, would soliciting donations with a revoked 501c under the pretense of saving at risk inner city children and diverting the money into Steve's campaign war chest be considered unethical, illegal, or just good government in action?


I view it for what it is - sarcasm and rhetoric from someone with sand in their crotch.

Posted on: 2014/10/12 13:15
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/11/12 22:57
Last Login :
2014/10/29 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 24
Offline
Perhaps we should consult with the self-proclaimed smartest man on the planet.
Mr. DTJCVIEW, would soliciting donations with a revoked 501c under the pretense of saving at risk inner city children and diverting the money into Steve's campaign war chest be considered unethical, illegal, or just good government in action?

Posted on: 2014/10/12 12:45
 Top 




« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017