Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
75 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 75

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: homeless people camping out
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
IanMac,

Democrats of all stripes (progressive, moderate, and in the case of Healy - useless) have run Jersey City since 1840, and not much has changed with regards to the homeless:
Nice try, but no.

So what can J.C. do to prevent homelessness ? Are there other towns that have a better plan ? As far as the OP post has the city rid the area of these squatering vagrants in order to prevent a dangerous situation from occuring ? The J.C. tax paying public would like to know.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisf ... ve-impacts-victims-policy

Solutions to help mitigate are out there - Homelessness is not a new issue. We just need a politician to take this cause under their wing and sponsor change and progress in this area - Its a problem worldwide, but some countries do it MUCH better then us.

http://www.ahuri.edu.au/calendar/event_20120810.html

I'd like to see a social charity hub with medical facilities, shelter and hygiene facilities and also a hub for all charity networks - To keep the neighbors happy, this homeless hub could be on the outskirts of JC.
There could be some sort of labor program via a small manufacturing business (via a government contract like how the prisons make license plates) to involve the homeless and the entire hub be energy efficient via solar panels and wind turbines. The homeless would be required to participate in the hub via cleaning etc.
This in turn will help with a reference and improve employment prospects and acquiring new skills - This will also give these homeless persons an address for welfare payments etc.

Its just an idea with little research on how achieveable it could be, but its an idea!

Posted on: 2013/8/23 22:53
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

battle18 wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
IanMac,

Democrats of all stripes (progressive, moderate, and in the case of Healy - useless) have run Jersey City since 1840, and not much has changed with regards to the homeless:
Nice try, but no.

So what can J.C. do to prevent homelessness ? Are there other towns that have a better plan ? As far as the OP post has the city rid the area of these squatering vagrants in order to prevent a dangerous situation from occuring ? The J.C. tax paying public would like to know.

Tent is still up and active as of this morning. Hopefully we can get some squale out there to evict them from their tent

Have you tried telling them they are trespassing on private property and need to leave as you've called the police?

Posted on: 2013/8/23 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/8/23 0:53
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JadedJC wrote:
Anyone else seeing an ad for tents from REI in the left column of this page?

That is hilarious.

Posted on: 2013/8/22 23:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone else seeing an ad for tents from REI in the left column of this page?

Posted on: 2013/8/22 22:42

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/7 19:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
IanMac,

Nice try, but no.

Tent is still up and active as of this morning. Hopefully we can get some squale out there to evict them from their tent

Posted on: 2013/8/22 19:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
5/15 1:51
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
IanMac,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayor_of_Jersey_City

And it is about party in your veiled statement. Most conservatives are Republicans. Most liberals are Democrats.

Nice try, but no.

I don't know about that. There aren't many Democrats in New Jersey I would say are progressive. Rush Holt is, but you voted for the other guy, and Buono, maybe, but she's only 20 points behind.

Posted on: 2013/8/22 19:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
IanMac,

Nice try, but no.

Posted on: 2013/8/22 18:03
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
IanMac,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayor_of_Jersey_City

And it is about party in your veiled statement. Most conservatives are Republicans. Most liberals are Democrats.

Nice try, but no.

Posted on: 2013/8/22 17:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

3. Actually, everyone would be much better off with a higher tax rate and better services in return.

Interesting logic (Oxymoron) Perhaps you can cite someplace where this philosophy has been successful? [/quote]

Uh, let's see. Denmark, Switzerland, Austria, Iceland, Finland, Sweden....

Posted on: 2013/8/22 17:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Jersey City should have a motto like Trenton:

"What DTJC makes, the rest of JC takes"

Posted on: 2013/8/22 17:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

...everyone would be much better off with a higher tax rate and better services in return.

Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Interesting logic (Oxymoron) Perhaps you can cite someplace where this philosophy has been successful?

Oh, that?s right. We also have a weak system of public education that hasn?t left Americans open to the idea that such places do exist.

Posted on: 2013/8/22 17:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users

3. Actually, everyone would be much better off with a higher tax rate and better services in return. [/quote]

Interesting logic (Oxymoron) Perhaps you can cite someplace where this philosophy has been successful?

Posted on: 2013/8/22 16:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Quote:

battle18 wrote:
Wondering if anyone has seen any homeless people staying down front of Riverview park. Last night we found a tent set up directly under my place on ogden ave. It's set up back from the Paterson Plank where it can't be seen from the road around that closed off cobblestone street.. We called the police around midnight but no one ever showed up. So...What course of action do i take against such vagabondry. I don't want them wandering through my alleyways or getting so close to my house.

Vote for progressive elected officials who will address the root causes of homelessness rather than conservatives cutting services that people rely on.

Nonsense. Just what party has been ruling Jersey City pretty much for generations? How's that worked out for the homeless? People can't pay a penny more in taxes, just where is the $ going to come from?

1. I said vote for progressive elected officials, not a particular party.
2. Homelessness is not an issue that can be solved at a municipal level.
3. Actually, everyone would be much better off with a higher tax rate and better services in return.

Posted on: 2013/8/22 15:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Quote:

battle18 wrote:
Wondering if anyone has seen any homeless people staying down front of Riverview park. Last night we found a tent set up directly under my place on ogden ave. It's set up back from the Paterson Plank where it can't be seen from the road around that closed off cobblestone street.. We called the police around midnight but no one ever showed up. So...What course of action do i take against such vagabondry. I don't want them wandering through my alleyways or getting so close to my house.

Vote for progressive elected officials who will address the root causes of homelessness rather than conservatives cutting services that people rely on.

Nonsense. Just what party has been ruling Jersey City pretty much for generations? How's that worked out for the homeless? People can't pay a penny more in taxes, just where is the $ going to come from?

Posted on: 2013/8/22 15:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

battle18 wrote:

Posted on: 2013/8/22 15:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/5 17:07
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/8/22 14:24

homeless people camping out

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/7 19:32
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/8/22 14:08

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017