Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
136 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 136

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Graffiti
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/21 19:38
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
I was impressed to see the Bank of America on Newark Ave finally put up a hard plastic cover over the desk area in the ATM vestibule. I always wondered how many times they would have to re-paint that semicircle around the complimentary tethered pen before they bothered to figure out a better way.

That always struck me too--the tags were entirely in that exact area around the pen-on-a-string. It's like people would go in to use the ATM and think, "Hey, there's a pen--AND a wall? May as well write on it!" Nobody ever bothered to bring their own pen and write anywhere else. Just that 30" radius that the bank-provided pen could reach.

Posted on: 2010/10/19 13:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Bayonne police charge three teens and are looking for a fourth in August vandalism and graffiti at Eighth Street Light Rail Station

Tuesday, October 19, 2010
TONI-ANN CERBO
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

The writing was on the walls and Bayonne police say they have arrested three of the four boys who put it there.

The juveniles were arrested in connection with graffiti and vandalism at the Eighth Street Light Rail Station committed on Aug. 26, a news release said yesterday.

According to a videotape from a security camera owned by George Harms Construction, the NJ Transit contractor extending the Light Rail train system from 22nd Street southward to Eighth Street, four male juveniles entered the station on Aug. 26 at 9:40 p.m., the release says.

The group threw paint and drew graffiti on the walls, murals, ceiling and floor of the station, police said, noting the graffiti tags included "ONES," "EC1," "ECONE," "Oh that's crazy" and "SONER."

While working on an unrelated case, detectives in the Juvenile Bureau obtained information about the tag names of suspects in the Eighth Street case and the information led to their arrests, the release says.

The three suspects who were arrested are 15, 16 and 17 years old. The exact age of the fourth suspect was not stated in the release. The 17-year-old was arrested Sept. 28, the 16-year-old Sept. 29, and the 15-year-old Sept. 30.

The three boys were all charged with one count of third-degree criminal mischief at the Eighth Street Light Rail Station.

The 17-year-old was additionally charged with four counts of fourth-degree criminal mischief for vandalism at the rear of the A&P, the Bergen Point Brass Factory, Bailey School, and the skate park in Mayor Dennis P. Collins Park, the release says.

The 16-year-old was additionally charged with six counts of fourth-degree criminal mischief for vandalism at the rear of the A&P, the Bergen Point Brass Factory, 10th Street and Avenue E, DiDomenico-16th Street Park, Bailey School, and the skate park at Mayor Dennis P. Collins Park.

Posted on: 2010/10/19 13:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MetIncome wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Payback time for graffitists.

Get a balloon filled with paint then once the culprit is located, bomb their house, car, bike and any other personal items they own.............even if they live at home, the parents cop it for being crap parents and not instilling the basic values of society in their kids.
Don't have kids if you don't want to be accountable for them !

Eye for an eye? Really?

When you get sick would you like your doctor to let your blood out, too?

Not a good comparison, but we are all aware that you are more accountable for your dog then your kid and the Court's merely give these 'minors' a slap on the wrist. I'd rather see the impact on their face (including their parents) when they are the victim.

Posted on: 2010/8/4 3:23
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jaah37 wrote:
I always see the tag: BESET FDS
They should be public enemy number one for graffiti vandals. Is this a kid/teenager or someone gang affliated? They need to nail this nuisance, he is getting very bold judging from the number of tags.

There's a poster on this site who uses the initials FDS, too. I've always been curious if there was a connection.

Funny though. I can't see those initials without thinking "Feminine Deodorant Spray".
Guy needs to find a new tag.

Posted on: 2010/8/4 1:19

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/8/27 23:54
Group:
Banned
Graffiti artists are sad. They don't feel their work is good enough to be bought voluntarily, so they must force it on other people.

Posted on: 2010/8/4 0:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jaah37 wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Get a balloon filled with paint then once the culprit is located, bomb their house, car, bike and any other personal items they own.............even if they live at home, the parents cop it for being crap parents and not instilling the basic values of society in their kids.

They should be public enemy number one for graffiti vandals. Is this a kid/teenager or someone gang affliated? They need to nail this nuisance, he is getting very bold judging from the number of tags.

You can see the route those idiots take when on tagging spree. From Powerhouse, to the the vandalized postal trucks in Paulus Hook, up Essex Street, cut across Liberty Harbor to Grand Street and down Jersey Avenue. It's a big circle.

I've heard that BESET and the EMILIO ESTEVEZ xxoo tag are the same person.

I knew an individual years ago who battled the same graffiti jerk for months. My friend would paint his garage door to cover up the graffiti and in less than a day, it would be tagged again. Waiting in ambush for a few nights after painting over it didn't work.

The tag was WHAT4 (who was arrested some 15 years ago for vandalism). After discovering that his garage door on Summit Avenue was tagged again, my friend spray painted a circle around the tag with an arrow pointing to the phrase ------> is a sex offender.

His door was never tagged by the idiot again.

Well, it's an idea.

Posted on: 2010/8/4 0:01

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/8/27 23:54
Group:
Banned
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Eye for an eye? Really?

When you get sick would you like your doctor to let your blood out, too?

Posted on: 2010/8/3 23:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/9 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Posted on: 2010/8/3 23:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/8/3 21:58
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
Believe it or not, some people considering the defacement of other people's property "art."

Posted on: 2010/8/2 19:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/9 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
When people think of graffiti they think of the New York City subways during the 1970s. The truth is that vandalism can happen right here in Maplewood, New Jersey. Graffiti can appear on street signs, buildings, even train stations. Bored juveniles and gang members are often the cause of this malicious attack on property. Usually, the individual home owner is safe from attack but many businesses know the pain of trying to remove these unsightly markings.

Graffiti removal is quickly becoming a billion dollar annual expense for some cities. Los Angeles spends $140 million dollars every year. Some cities have started anti-graffiti programs to combat the problem. Locally, the Jersey City police have organized an anti-graffiti task force to eradicate, enforce, and educate against this type of vandalism. They engage teachers, residents and business owners to help control and prevent graffiti tagging. The JC-AGTF (Jersey City Anti-Graffiti Task Force) locates graffiti on a daily basis. There are two methods staffers use to for graffiti paint removal depending on the severity of the incident and the composition of the surface. They either use power washing techniques or paint the entire surface.

Many business owners looking for the simplest and cheapest solution often turn to white washing the surface again and again. These victims would due better to educate themselves on painting surfaces with anti graffiti coatings. There are two types of coatings used to prevent graffiti and Olger Fallas Painting has years of experience working with both. The first is called a sacrificial coating. This coating is applied to the surface and then comes off along with the removal of the graffiti. Power washing equipment pushes both the graffiti and the coating off the surface. While this method protects the underlying paint it requires a new sacrificial coat on the surface after the graffiti is removed. It is a one time use to protect the original surface but then is sacrificed in order to remove the graffiti. The materials used in making a sacrificial coating are inexpensive polymers that form weak bonds with the surface making it difficult for spray paint to stick.

The other type of anti graffiti products is more permanent. These coatings don?t allow the graffiti paint to adhere to the surface in the first place. They are often more expensive but only need to be applied once. The permanent coatings create a shield on top of the surface. After the vandal has added their graffiti tag to the surface the business owner can simply wipe the surface clean with a simple solvent. The underlying surface remains undamaged and the permanent coating stands strong ready for the next attack. Permanent coatings are UV stable and guaranteed to protect almost any surface for up to 10 years.

Aside from white washing and anti-graffiti painting the use of power sprayers can sometimes do the job by themselves. Mixing the pressure washing water with either sand or soda can help breakdown the paint. The one problem with this power scrubber method is it can wear down the original surface.

Vandalism like graffiti is aggravating for businesses and the community at large. At the end of the day having an easy solution to combat this problem will make everyone?s life a little easier.

Posted on: 2010/8/2 18:25

Graffiti
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/12 14:54
Group:
Registered Users
Is it me or has anyone else noticed a considerable uptick of grafitti in and around downtown? Is there a special task force within JCPD that tracks these individuals? These people need to be arrested. Nothing gets to me more that senseless vandalism and littering. I just don't get it. It is absolutely a shame that nice brick building are tagged and painted over as a quick solution.

Posted on: 2010/2/18 18:52

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017