Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City cop in hospital after being hit by car at Downtown construction site
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/18 18:17
Group:
Banned
Quote:

snowflake20 wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Working a security detail my ass - more like extra work and being paid by the contruction co as per usual. Bet us dumb-ass bunnies foot the bill for his medicals and the employer -- The construction co.!

Hope the pain is extreme and cityhall dumps the ass-wipe policy of allowing cops in uniform to work directly for 3rd parties on days to time time off....now we have one less dumb-ass that should be protecting us.

I'm pretty sure that there is a law in NJ that if there is construction that involves lane closures, etc in the street, there has to be a police officer on duty. That area on washington is a giant clusterfurck, so there needs to be a police presence to guide traffic.

Yeah, there's no way police unions had anything to do with that law or anything.

Posted on: 2010/2/15 14:20

Re: Jersey City cop in hospital after being hit by car at Downtown construction site
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Working a security detail my ass - more like extra work and being paid by the contruction co as per usual. Bet us dumb-ass bunnies foot the bill for his medicals and the employer -- The construction co.!

Hope the pain is extreme and cityhall dumps the ass-wipe policy of allowing cops in uniform to work directly for 3rd parties on days to time time off....now we have one less dumb-ass that should be protecting us.

I'm pretty sure that there is a law in NJ that if there is construction that involves lane closures, etc in the street, there has to be a police officer on duty. That area on washington is a giant clusterfurck, so there needs to be a police presence to guide traffic.

Posted on: 2010/2/14 2:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/2/13 22:26
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/20 23:11
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... y_city_cops_arrested.html

Huh, he's been in the news a bunch lately...hope he's ok, seems like a great guy.

Posted on: 2010/2/11 16:38

Jersey City cop in hospital after being hit by car at Downtown construction site
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City cop in hospital after being hit by car at Downtown construction site

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Jersey City police officer working a security detail at a construction site in Downtown Jersey City was hospitalized after being struck by a car yesterday morning, authorities said.

Police Officer Brian McGovern, 39, was listed in stable condition and was to be kept overnight at the Jersey City Medical Center, said Jersey City police spokesman Stan Eason.

McGovern was working on Sixth Street near Washington Boulevard when he was struck at 7:45 a.m. by a man driving east on Sixth Street in a 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier, reports said. The impact hurled him onto the windshield of the car, breaking the window.

The driver of the car may not have seen McGovern because of the glare of the sun, police said. The driver was not issued a summons, but the investigation is ongoing, police said.

Eason said McGovern did not suffer any broken bones but underwent tests after he complained of dizziness.

GEM JEFFERSON

Posted on: 2010/2/11 2:02

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017