Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: JC mayor to sing at Giants Stadium Sunday
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/3/7 14:38
Group:
Registered Users
Just so I can halt this potential hijacking before it goes any further, this soccer event is The Heroes Cup, a match where the JCPD play the JCFD soccer teams on the Giants Stadium pitch. It is sponsored by us, The Soccer Learning Center.

The New York Red Bulls are gracious enough to allow us to use their facilities in exchange for ticket sales to the event.

For many of the participants, it's a once-in-a-lifetime chance to play in front of a crowd of thousands on a professional field. It's also a way for us to thank the cops and firefighters and highlight their efforts in a family-friendly venue.

The mayor, an enthusiastic supporter of our soccer program, was kind enough to volunteer to sing at the opening of the Heroes Cup match.

Last year's event was terrific and the ticket price cannot be beat (only $15 for the DC United vs. Red Bulls match and the Heroes Cup match). There is a pre-game indoor area for kids where they can play soccer related activities. And from 5:30 to 7:00 pm, the Red Bulls team will be on hand for a meet-and-greet/autograph event.

For more information, please visit our website at www.SoccerLearningCenter.com.

Posted on: 2009/4/22 22:13

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/5 19:45
Group:
Banned
And read my post in that thread that you flipped out about, where I state exactly the same thing about JRL in the first sentence.

I never defended the shills, I simply pointed out that the practice of droning on about them ad nauseam is just as annoying to read over and over and over again.

Posted on: 2009/4/22 21:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
I never said you weren't. You were defending the two shills. I hate Healy too, and I love that people come here to express their opinions. Go back and read what I wrote. Healy could fall off the face of the planet for all I care. I just want this board free of the BS that has infected it since the election has gotten closer.

You are a smart guy, read all of JRL posts and tell me he isn't up to something.

Posted on: 2009/4/22 21:09

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/5 19:45
Group:
Banned
Sounds like Giants Stadium is accepting money to present a Red Bulls Soccer game.

Where does it say Giants staidum is "accepting money" for Healy to sing?

Or is this one of those "Did you kill your wife?" kind of questions?

(See Elvis, I am happy to defend Healy when completely baseless accusations are thrown at him, yet still criticize him for when he screws up.)

Posted on: 2009/4/22 21:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I've just been asked to quote on a job to enlarge Healy's office door. Apparently he can't fit his head through it.

I can't believe the Giant Stadium people accepted money to allow healy to sing there - unbelieveable.

Posted on: 2009/4/22 20:49
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
He's a pretty good singer. I have his christmastime compilation. We brought it upstate ny with us because we hate celebrating holidays in Jersey City.

Posted on: 2009/4/22 13:42

JC mayor to sing at Giants Stadium Sunday
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
JC mayor to sing at Giants Stadium Sunday

Hudson Reporter

The crooning mayor, Jerrimiah Healy of Jersey City, will be on hand to welcome the reigning Heroes Cup soccer champs, the Jersey City Fire Department as they battle the Jersey City Police Department soccer team on the pitch at Giants Stadium.

Conceived by The Soccer Learning Center?s head coach, Alex Lalaoui, the Heroes Cup launched in 2008 as a way to build interest in the sport of soccer while promoting a fun rivalry between first responders in the community. ?There is nothing like playing on a professional soccer field in front of thousands of fans,? said Lalaoui. ?This event lets our hometown heroes be soccer stars for a day.?

The Heroes Cup match is part of a special double-header soccer event that includes the NY Red Bulls vs. DC United game scheduled for 3:00 pm. The Heroes Cup match opening ceremony at 5:30 pm will include Mayor Healy?s debut at Giants Stadium plus a presentation by the HALEA (Hispanic American Law Enforcement Association) and JCFD honor guards.

Major sponsors of the Heroes Cup include TD Bank, Exeter Properties, Hamilton Square Condominiums, The Jersey City Police Activity League, HALEA and PACO.

For further information, please contact Jennifer Morrill, Press Secretary for Mayor Healy at 201-547-4863 or Melinda Vickerman, Director of The Soccer Learning Center at 201-656-1156.

Posted on: 2009/4/21 22:35

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017