Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
148 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 148

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 22 23 24 (25) 26 27 28 ... 41 »

Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
A guys gotta eat lunch, right?

Anyway, we learned today that the White House finally named the terror groups behind the Benghazi 9/11 attack, ending the nonsensically absurd 'video' narrative designed to shield Obama from political fallout and Mrs. Clinton's inaction over protecting our assets in Libya.

And the Daily News confirmed with interviewing the family of the 91 year old woman that she was dead on the floor of the bathroom and that the couple of minute delay caused by the traffic jam that Christie had nothing to do with had no effect.

It's irrelevant as to whether a person died or not because a corrupt act still took place.

And the people complicit in the corrupt act have been dealt with, which is what leaders do.

And how would you know that?

Posted on: 2014/1/10 20:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Not fit to serve.

Resized Image

Ha!!!

Posted on: 2014/1/10 20:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Not fit to serve.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/1/10 20:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/10 20:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/1/10 19:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/1/10 19:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Fox Noise is doing what it's best at: deflecting

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/ ... r-obama-scandal-response/

Posted on: 2014/1/10 19:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:
What I learned from all of this is that I voted for a man who has a serious flaw in his personality, at least by my standards.

No one deliberately screwed up the rollout of Obamacare.

No one wanted Benghazi to happen.

I am particularly angry with myself because a close friend grew up with the Christie brothers and has told me all along that even as a child he was a vindictive bully. If I were a reporter, I'd go back to the 1970 and 1980 censuses and interview the people who were living near the Christie kids.

He has become an embarrassment to this state and to this country.

I heard he was chooming in the back of a tricked out van with his 'bud' buds with some righteous ganga in the South Mountain Reservation.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 19:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Anyway, we learned today that the White House finally named the terror groups behind the Benghazi 9/11 attack, ending the nonsensically absurd 'video' narrative designed to shield Obama from political fallout and Mrs. Clinton's inaction over protecting our assets in Libya.

And the Daily News confirmed with interviewing the family of the 91 year old woman that she was dead on the floor of the bathroom and that the couple of minute delay caused by the traffic jam that Christie had nothing to do with had no effect.

It's irrelevant as to whether a person died or not because a corrupt act still took place.

It's not irrelevant to the people trying to make it an issue. And the people complicit in the corrupt act have been dealt with, which is what leaders do.

Kelly is on the bread line, Sebelius isn't. One pulled a dirty trick that caused a traffic jam, another wasted 650 million dollars on a website that still doesn't work.

Hmmmnnn, leaders lead indeed.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 19:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
What I learned from all of this is that I voted for a man who has a serious flaw in his personality, at least by my standards.

No one deliberately screwed up the rollout of Obamacare.

No one wanted Benghazi to happen.

I am particularly angry with myself because a close friend grew up with the Christie brothers and has told me all along that even as a child he was a vindictive bully. If I were a reporter, I'd go back to the 1970 and 1980 censuses and interview the people who were living near the Christie kids.

He has become an embarrassment to this state and to this country.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 19:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/1/10 18:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/10 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
ROFL!

Posted on: 2014/1/10 18:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:
A little concerned that nothing has been posted here in 40 minutes - have all of Christie's Ganymedes been put down for a nap?

Monroe must be on the potty. Let me fill in:

BENGHAZI!

Posted on: 2014/1/10 18:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
A little concerned that nothing has been posted here in 40 minutes - have all of Christie's Ganymedes been put down for a nap?

Posted on: 2014/1/10 18:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I think Rachel Maddow's analysis makes a lot of sense, especially given the timing and the Ft. Lee Mayor's saying he was never asked for his endorsement.

But of course, as Monroe points out, the real issue is MSNBC's ratings. They are lower than Fox News's, so we can dismiss Maddow's thoughts without even reading them.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 17:28
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Not at all, Pebs. I've never once said ignore it. Hell, I've even said he probably did it. What, at this point, does it really matter (sound familiar? Ok, ill quit the jabs). Like you've said as well, we can be annoyed at both.

What makes me laugh is that you attack every position of mine and Monroe's, yet never criticize any of the fools who "know for sure" he did it, yet as of today don't have one shred of proof at all.. Come on now....

I am only attacking a position that I don?t see as defensible. There are questions left unanswered (posted above). Those that are saying ?he?s behind it? have more basis in reality, in my opinion, than those saying ?no he doesn?t!?

This is a major New Jersey issue, also known as a local issue. That is why it was even discussed here.

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
I don't bring up other issues to deflect from a current one. What I am saying is that, the American people and the media at large have a whacked out set of priorities on what they focus on. And that's the point behind the WSJ op/ed.

I know several people in the media. None of them are working on this story, but they?ve covered some major events in the past.

Their priorities are based on several factors:
1. Is it newsworthy?
2. Is it local? (The more local the more it is covered.)
3. How large is the impact?
4. How recent?

When you look at it, this story has it all. You?ve a larger than life figure in Gov. Christie. He?s nationally known. He receives massive money for speaking engagements everywhere in the country. He was a potential running mate for Romney. He is spoken about as a presidential candidate for the next election.

Then, you have the fact that he is governor of a very populous state. This state borders on the largest city in America. The locality is just that. CNN, FOX, NBC, ABC, NY Times, New York Post, Newsday, Daily News, etc., all have offices within a few hour drive, either from Philly or NYC to Christie?s office.

The story involves the George Washington Bridge. This is a road crossed by more people than possibly exist in some states of the country! A lot of those people that cover this very story cross that bridge to go to work.

The scandal itself, occurring in NJ, looks like a story straight from the Sopranos. This is an equivalent of Pauly Walnuts smashing in some kids legs because the kid?s dead father owed him money.

If you don?t think this deservers front page news then I?m not sure what does.

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Let's take Obama and all of that out of this next point. The NSA issue alone should be front and center of every headlines for the foreseeable future. How it's not astounds me. Does it not bother anyone that the concept of privacy has, for better or worse, gone away completely? Every response I've ever seen to that issue is one of complacency and that scares the sh*t out of me.

Simple logistics says that you can?t have the same story on the front page repeatedly for months. People tire of it. You also have a factor of not receiving any new information. Should the newspapers just post a bulletin: NSA Scandal still exists (no new news, just a reminder).

The NSA began spying on American citizens years and years ago. The only difference was the president. Let?s say you wanted it as a headline then as well? at what point can something else be the top story?

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Secondly, doesn't the idea that the IRS can be used for targeted political purposes (regardless of the side targeted) bother anyone as well? It's as if out of sight, out of mind on these two issues.

The IRS scandal has had hearings and it seems like there is more that could come from it. There is also a lot we know about this already.

The IRS scandal is something that is eerily similar to Christie?s current one. There are differences though. For one, Obama doesn?t have a history of going after political opponents and using bully tactics. For two, this occurred in one state and wasn?t a national issue.

There have been lots said on this topic for months. There were hearings and now there is someone appointed to investigate further. Sounds like a good plan.

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
These two issues are fundamental crimes against the freedom and privacy of the American people, in my humble assessment. They may not be crimes on paper (I don't know that), but they should be.

The NSA spying could be an assault on privacy. The IRS, well, we all file taxes and pay them. If I was audited for my political affiliation, I?d be pissed off. However, I wouldn?t be afraid of the result because I know that I?m not trying to cheat.

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
But yet, we, and every media outlet in existence, are focusing on this non-story. THAT's why some of us bring these two things up. Many people play the "Well Bush did it, so Obama can do this" or "Clinton did it, so Bush can do XYZ", but that's not the case here. It's not to say "well these two stories happened, so Christie should get a pass" That's not it at all. It's not a tit-for-tat argument.

How is this a non-story? You have the office of the governor of a major state screwing over its own residents in some petty political retribution.

You can?t claim that the IRS targeting people for political positions is a major story and then say that the governor?s office shutting down traffic to the point that it costs residents money isn?t.

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
In the grand scheme of things, this is truly a non-story, yet it's captured every headline out there, and will for a while, and that bothers me. Not because it's Christie, F Christie.

It's because the two issues I mentioned before (IRS, NSA) haven't been resolved and adequately addressed. Headline bandwidth is limited, and shouldn't be wasted on local garbage like this.

On that, we?ll disagree. As I stated above, you can?t claim the IRS issue is a story and this is a non-story. You simply can?t.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pebble, less than adequate attention because of a three minute delay? For all we know she was dead on the floor when the 911 call was placed.

http://www.northjersey.com/fortlee/GW ... response_in_Fort_Lee.html Quote:

In at least two of those instances, response time doubled, noted EMS coordinator Paul Favia, who documented those cases in a Sept. 10 letter to Mayor Mark Sokolich, which The Record obtained.
On Sept. 9, the first day of the traffic paralysis, EMS crews took seven to nine minutes to arrive at the scene of a vehicle accident where four people were injured, when the response time should have been less than four minutes, he wrote.
It also took EMS seven minutes to reach an unconscious 91-year-old woman who later died of cardiac arrest at a hospital. Although he did not say her death was directly caused by the delays, Favia noted that ?paramedics were delayed due to heavy traffic on Fort Lee Road and had to meet the ambulance en-route to the hospital instead of on the scene.?
?
Delays in emergency response times continued the next morning when a call that should have taken three or four minutes to respond to took seven, Favia wrote. In that instance, a man was experiencing chest pains.

1. The woman was alive when they obtained her.
2. The response time was doubled. You might think 3 minutes is no big deal, but that?s because you know absolutely nothing about emergency medical care.
3. I?m sure the guy that had chest pains was cool with just waiting around a few extra minutes.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 17:17
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
I'm still confused... What the frack does Obama have to do with whether or not the governor of NJ is petty enough to shut down roads in a city because a mayor wouldn't support him?

If Christie is behind it, how can any reasonable person support him?

Republican debate strategies:

1) Change the subject.

2) Never agree with a Democrat on anything.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 17:12
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Pebble, less than adequate attention because of a three minute delay? For all we know she was dead on the floor when the 911 call was placed.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 16:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Not at all, Pebs. I've never once said ignore it. Hell, I've even said he probably did it. What, at this point, does it really matter (sound familiar? Ok, ill quit the jabs). Like you've said as well, we can be annoyed at both.

What makes me laugh is that you attack every position of mine and Monroe's, yet never criticize any of the fools who "know for sure" he did it, yet as of today don't have one shred of proof at all.. Come on now....

I don't bring up other issues to deflect from a current one. What I am saying is that, the American people and the media at large have a whacked out set of priorities on what they focus on. And that's the point behind the WSJ op/ed.

Let's take Obama and all of that out of this next point. The NSA issue alone should be front and center of every headlines for the foreseeable future. How it's not astounds me. Does it not bother anyone that the concept of privacy has, for better or worse, gone away completely? Every response I've ever seen to that issue is one of complacency and that scares the sh*t out of me.

Secondly, doesn't the idea that the IRS can be used for targeted political purposes (regardless of the side targeted) bother anyone as well? It's as if out of sight, out of mind on these two issues.

These two issues are fundamental crimes against the freedom and privacy of the American people, in my humble assessment. They may not be crimes on paper (I don't know that), but they should be.

But yet, we, and every media outlet in existence, are focusing on this non-story. THAT's why some of us bring these two things up. Many people play the "Well Bush did it, so Obama can do this" or "Clinton did it, so Bush can do XYZ", but that's not the case here. It's not to say "well these two stories happened, so Christie should get a pass" That's not it at all. It's not a tit-for-tat argument.

In the grand scheme of things, this is truly a non-story, yet it's captured every headline out there, and will for a while, and that bothers me. Not because it's Christie, F Christie.

It's because the two issues I mentioned before (IRS, NSA) haven't been resolved and adequately addressed. Headline bandwidth is limited, and shouldn't be wasted on local garbage like this.

Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Ahhh, if only there was there much fervor and citizen activism when there are real issues to be upset about. A boy can dream....

So the best thing to do is to ignore a blatantly corrupt and possibly criminal action...?

Posted on: 2014/1/10 16:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Assuming (and it?s still an assumption) that Chris Christie didn?t order this or make some insinuation as to wanting this to happen and that Kelly was behind it all? Simple questions remain.

Why did Kelly order this to happen?
Why did Kelly believe this was acceptable behavior?
What was Kelly?s intended goal by suffocating the GWB?

Until there are some real answers, this issue shouldn't going away.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 16:26
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Alternate Theory of Bridgegate Scandal:

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sh ... gate-scandal-111611971764

Rachel Maddow, lol.

For the eleven people who watch her-they weren't voting for Christie anyway, lol.

You are probably correct. That doesn't mean her theory isn't valid. The woman actually studies politics and her theory is interesting. I don?t know if it is correct, but it is interesting.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
You do know that the NYTimes is now nothing more than a waterboy for Mrs. Clinton, so no surprise they're doing just that in their opinion pieces. It's no surprise that their readership is dropping as fast as their importance in the media world. They stopped being the paper of record years ago, which is one reason why the NYTimes is in such dire financial straits.

Quote:

Atsushi wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/10/opi ... html?hp&rref=opinion&_r=0

Quote:

What makes Mr. Christie?s claim of victimhood hard to accept is his own history of vindictive behavior. For instance, a Rutgers professor lost financing for a project because he voted against the governor on a redistricting commission. A Republican colleague who had a disagreement with Mr. Christie was disinvited to an event in his own district. Mr. Christie has denied that he sent signals to his staff to punish anyone who crossed him. ?I am who I am, but I am not a bully,? he said Thursday. But he has set a tone that makes abusive actions acceptable.

Mr. Christie has promised to cooperate with investigators ? a vow he and his staff must honor. At this point, the governor has zero credibility. His office has abused its power, and only a full and conclusive investigation can restore public trust in his administration.

If you think you the NYTimes is in the bag for Clinton, you need to research how Dick Cheney used the stovepiped Iraq intelligence, fed the info to the paper and then answered questions on Meet The Press the next day. Genius move, but more to the topic, disproves your theory.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pebble, no one has said that the 91 year old woman died because of the 3 minute delay of the ambulance caused by the traffic jam that Christie had nothing to do with.

No one.

Nobody.

You?re right. I?ve not said it either. What I stated was true: She received less than adequate attention because of it. This is an undeniable fact.

Christie, and his staff members, got lucky in that this is the worst thing to have happened.

Police have stated that they had a harder time finding a missing child because they had resources tied up in the traffic issue? Chrstie got lucky.
Ambulances stated that their response times were delayed due to the traffic? Christie got lucky.
People have stated that they missed work?

If I decided to get you fired from your job because of your politics (something I?d never do), what would your response be? How would you feel? What if I ruined your relationship (again, something I?d never do)? Why is any of this acceptable to you?

Exactly 1 person was fired. Wow.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 16:22
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Pebble, no one has said that the 91 year old woman died because of the 3 minute delay of the ambulance caused by the traffic jam that Christie had nothing to do with.

No one.

Nobody.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 16:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Vigilante, you just got schooled on every point, and you're response is "Well you hit all the Repub BS talking points. Good Boy."

Don't be so butthurt.

The same bull-shit talking points that are false is hardly being schooled. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 16:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pebble, people are late to work all the time in NJ. Will it be Christie's fault when people are late because of fixing the Pulsaski Skyway this year? Saying 'people couldn't get to work'? Maybe they were a bit late? Yes, it was unfortunate-which is why Christie took action, that's what leader's do. And man'd up and apologized for the actions of rogue staffers. The mayor of Ft. Lee accepted the apology AND said he believed Christie's explanation.

The woman who died wasn't killed because of Christie. She was found in the bathroom after being there for an unknown amount of time by her daughter-who holds Christie blameless. That sums up that issue.

So the Mayor of Ft. Lee doesn't blame Governor Christie, and the family of the 91 year old woman who suffered a fatal heart attack doesn't blame Governor Christie. Pebble, though, is still on the chase like a beagle after a bunny.

That's only two votes he wasn't getting anyway. He's fucked nationally and the far right is going to make sure of it.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 16:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Ahhh, if only there was there much fervor and citizen activism when there are real issues to be upset about. A boy can dream....

So the best thing to do is to ignore a blatantly corrupt and possibly criminal action...?

Posted on: 2014/1/10 16:04
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
It's always amusing to see the flaccid, silly personal attacks (drunk angry uncle at Thanksgiving, lol) emerge when you can't defend your position while having your fanny reddened by facts.

Again, the whole point of this thread is to see whether conegate will derail Governor Christie's POTUS aspirations. I think we can conclude that four days of traffic jams orchestrated without his knowledge isn't a big deal, compared to the exposure his likely opponent, Mrs. Clinton, has over the still unexplained Benghazi disaster-a problem that still hasn't been brought to the light of day.

That is incorrect. The point of this thread is to talk about the controversy and scandal over lanes getting shutdown to screw over the residents of Fort Lee.

If Christie runs for president and if his opposition is Mrs. Clinton, then we can talk about which is a bigger deal. Until then?

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
I?ll look into the porn options available?

I'll give it to you, that was funny.

Thank you, thank you!

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pebble, people are late to work all the time in NJ. Will it be Christie's fault when people are late because of fixing the Pulsaski Skyway this year?

People certainly are late to work all of the time. However, people aren?t always late because the governor and/or his staff decides to personally screw with them.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Saying 'people couldn't get to work'? Maybe they were a bit late?

Hourly workers lost wages. A couple of articles mentioned people not getting into work at all.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Yes, it was unfortunate-which is why Christie took action, that's what leader's do. And man'd up and apologized for the actions of rogue staffers. The mayor of Ft. Lee accepted the apology AND said he believed Christie's explanation.

So what you?re saying is, everyone should just accept it as such because some mayor did?

I guess we should have all just left it for dead when Christie said ?This didn?t come from my office. It was a traffic study.? Was he lying then?

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The woman who died wasn't killed because of Christie. She was found in the bathroom after being there for an unknown amount of time by her daughter-who holds Christie blameless. That sums up that issue.

She wasn?t killed. She died. The fact remains that she didn?t receive a certain level of medical attention specifically due to the traffic. That?s on the governor.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
So the Mayor of Ft. Lee doesn't blame Governor Christie, and the family of the 91 year old woman who suffered a fatal heart attack doesn't blame Governor Christie. Pebble, though, is still on the chase like a beagle after a bunny.

A few months ago, Christie said this wasn?t a scandal and just a traffic study. Every time the governor opens his mouth on this more information comes out to prove he?s either completely uninformed or lying. So, no, I think we aren?t done yet.

If this all supposedly started with Kelly, then why did she think this was a good idea? What was her gain? When did this idea happen?

There are no actual answers right now. There are only bit players that were involved.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 16:02
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
You do know that the NYTimes is now nothing more than a waterboy for Mrs. Clinton, so no surprise they're doing just that in their opinion pieces. It's no surprise that their readership is dropping as fast as their importance in the media world. They stopped being the paper of record years ago, which is one reason why the NYTimes is in such dire financial straits.

Quote:

Atsushi wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/10/opi ... html?hp&rref=opinion&_r=0

Quote:

What makes Mr. Christie?s claim of victimhood hard to accept is his own history of vindictive behavior. For instance, a Rutgers professor lost financing for a project because he voted against the governor on a redistricting commission. A Republican colleague who had a disagreement with Mr. Christie was disinvited to an event in his own district. Mr. Christie has denied that he sent signals to his staff to punish anyone who crossed him. ?I am who I am, but I am not a bully,? he said Thursday. But he has set a tone that makes abusive actions acceptable.

Mr. Christie has promised to cooperate with investigators ? a vow he and his staff must honor. At this point, the governor has zero credibility. His office has abused its power, and only a full and conclusive investigation can restore public trust in his administration.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 15:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Again, the whole point of this thread is to see whether conegate will derail Governor Christie's POTUS aspirations. I think we can conclude that four days of traffic jams orchestrated without his knowledge isn't a big deal, compared to...

There?s no need to compare it to anything. This story is a big deal because it suits the widely shared perception that Mr. Christie is not a nice guy. Unfortunately for him, Americans usually want their Presidents to have the appearance of being nice people.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 15:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/09/politic ... ie-conservative-reaction/

Quote:

But the bigger concern for Christie going forward is not Democrats, but opponents in his own party.

Posted on: 2014/1/10 15:32

« 1 ... 22 23 24 (25) 26 27 28 ... 41 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017