Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City’s Hot Waterfront Lands a 13-Vendor Food Hall
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HamSandwichPark wrote:
Popcorn should be free

Why? They are already providing free entertainment in the form of a movie.

Posted on: 2019/4/5 13:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/23 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Popcorn should be free. SMDH

Posted on: 2019/4/5 10:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Green Book will be showing in the Atrium (210 Hudson St) tomorrow, April 5th at 7:30PM for free. Popcorn & drinks can be purchased.

https://twitter.com/epasid_jc/status/1113943095937204225

Posted on: 2019/4/5 3:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
I guess it's nice for the Harborside workers and a decent enough effort overall, in a "better than nothing" point of view, but I only find 1/13 of the offerings even mildly interesting.

Posted on: 2019/3/27 14:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
New food hall opens in Jersey City?s waterfront district
POSTED 7:29 AM, MARCH 27, 2019, BY JILL NICOLINI

JERSEY CITY, N.J. ? Haborside, the Jersey City waterfront district, opened its first-ever food hall-style concept District Kitchen at the ground level of 210 Hudson St. on Monday.

Mack-Cali Realty Corporation spearheaded the development, bringing 13 new culinary experiences to the Harborside Atrium.

The 230-seat public space will also feature a rentable event space to be programmed with special events like live music, comedy shows, and children story time.

District Kitchen will be open on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

For more information about Harborside Jersey City and District Kitchen, please visit harborsidejc.com and districtkitchenjc.com or follow along on social media at @HarborsideJC and @DistrictKitchenJC.

https://pix11.com/2019/03/27/new-food- ... itys-waterfront-district/

Posted on: 2019/3/27 12:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

A giant food hall is set to open in one of N.J.'s hottest neighborhoods

A food hall featuring 13 different vendors is set to open next week in one of fastest-growing corners of Jersey City.

Inside the 30,000-square foot main atrium of Harborside, a 4.3 million square-foot office complex set along the Hudson River with views of Manhattan, there will be fast-casual dining options ranging from lobster rolls to Neopolitan pizza to Korean barbecue.

The food hall, dubbed District Kitchen, will open March 25, according to their website.

https://www.nj.com/food/2019/03/a-gian ... ottest-neighborhoods.html

Posted on: 2019/3/22 15:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
here is a similar concept in Brooklyn... a food court by any other name is still a food court. the original space was laid out in a very uncomfortable way still somewhat pricey for lunch... but it is NYC
https://www.hcfoodpark.com/hanks/

Posted on: 2019/3/22 0:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/27 19:59
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

animalrelated wrote:
If only there was a food hall conveniently placed indoors, around a bunch or retail stores, with a cinema, and parking.... Oh right the FOOD COURT at the mall.

Im going to go out on a limb and say the crowd that wants to have gourmet food with a perfect view of NYC isnt the same thats sitting at a suburban mall Popeyes next to a screaming family.

What I thought would be a great alternative is if they ever repurpose the Powerhouse to be an indoor shopping center and food court, but not holding my breath for that one.

Posted on: 2019/3/21 16:39

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/19 14:23
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
If only there was a food hall conveniently placed indoors, around a bunch or retail stores, with a cinema, and parking.... Oh right the FOOD COURT at the mall.

Posted on: 2019/3/21 13:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Enfes sells gozlemes, a flat bread with fillings.

https://www.facebook.com/enfesNYC/

Posted on: 2019/3/21 2:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
Enfes is the name of the turkish place per the article :) It is described as a JC pop up.

Posted on: 2019/3/21 1:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:
The Turkish pastries sound intriguing

What's the name of the Turkish pastry place, and do they have a store in J.C. ?

Posted on: 2019/3/20 23:47
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Fortunately, no business needs or expects everyone to go there. Since the list of restaurants includes the likes of Left Bank burger and Ani Ramen - fairly priced restaurants that are already successful in the area - I think they will be ok. It's not expensive food at all, but if you want a $2 burger at McD's, yes you'll have to go elsewhere.

I normally balk at spending over $8-10 for lunch, and judging by scenes like the trucks at Greeley Sq this won't be in that range. Thankfully, for now, there's still plenty of places in JC away from the waterfront that are.

I was extremely disappointed in the new smokehouse on Tonnelle where 555 market was, and told them so. For the $8 they charged for a meager pile of pulled pork on a hamburger bun, I could get twice as much pernil with a pile rice and beans at dozens of JC establishments.

Was the Smokehouse pulled pork sandwich slider sized ? I'd rather go to Dark Side of the Moo on Bowers St. in the Heights their pulled pork sandwich is ample in it's serving.

Posted on: 2019/3/20 23:45
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
Bleh there is nothing new, all they did was moving the food vendor already there to the new area.

Most of the food there are terrible and overpriced, ramen is instant noodle, sushi is just supermarket being resold, and no idea what those non-Koreans are doing with the Korean food stand, the mess tasted nothing like Korean food and just bad.

Only the poke, pizza and crab cake are just ok but still expensive.

They really need some decent choice in that area. Hate walking to Newport / Hoboken for some decent ramen / food.

Posted on: 2019/3/20 21:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

07310 wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
I was really excited about this until I realized it is targeted at the daytime work crowd and will only open during weekdays and closing at 7 PM.

Food halls have been a hot trend all over major European cities for years now, and most have hours that run into the late evening (at least 9 PM) and court everyone, not just a work, daytime crowd. I am really surprised Mack-Cali does not see the potential of such a concept to thrive at night (and, weekends!) by courting a large demographic.

After 5 pm that area is dead, the amount of foot traffic doesn't justify staying open.

Or, perhaps it is dead because there is nothing to attract people to the area.

Cities all over the world have used food halls to attract people and developers to forgotten areas of town, and led entire revitalizations of some areas based on that. Our waterfront has what is arguably the most impressive and coveted view in the entire world, and we somehow don't capitalize on that. Heck, the most recent venture to take the "risk" of opening by the waterfront (Lutze) opened with a crappy (and overpriced!) beer selection, and still manages to get packed on sunny days. A well executed food hall concept should be able to do just as well.

There's a food hall way over on the far western edge of Hell's Kitchen that's become a pretty hopping destination. It's blocks away from the scenester neighborhood, and looks like they made a good gamble.

Posted on: 2019/3/20 20:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

New York City’s Food Hall Trend Migrates to the Suburbs and Beyond

Food halls are opening in locales well outside Manhattan and Brooklyn

In recent years, Manhattan and Brooklyn real-estate developers and culinary professionals have embraced the food hall, the dining concept that offers a gourmet take on the food courts of suburban malls.

Now, in a twist on the trend, food halls are opening in locales well outside those two boroughs, including in the suburbs.

Bell Market bowed last year in a historic Holmdel, N.J., building, with offerings that include wood-fired pizza and sushi hand rolls. Queens Crossing, a mixed-use project in Flushing, introduced an Asian-themed food hall in 2016, building upon what was previously a modest array of dining options at the development.

Food halls are planned everywhere from the South Bronx to another location in Flushing. And in Jersey City, N.J., an ambitious 12,750-square-foot hall, District Kitchen, is set to open March 25 at Harborside, the waterfront office development.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-york- ... bs-and-beyond-11553009829

Posted on: 2019/3/20 16:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

07310 wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
I was really excited about this until I realized it is targeted at the daytime work crowd and will only open during weekdays and closing at 7 PM.

Food halls have been a hot trend all over major European cities for years now, and most have hours that run into the late evening (at least 9 PM) and court everyone, not just a work, daytime crowd. I am really surprised Mack-Cali does not see the potential of such a concept to thrive at night (and, weekends!) by courting a large demographic.

After 5 pm that area is dead, the amount of foot traffic doesn't justify staying open.

Or, perhaps it is dead because there is nothing to attract people to the area.

Cities all over the world have used food halls to attract people and developers to forgotten areas of town, and led entire revitalizations of some areas based on that. Our waterfront has what is arguably the most impressive and coveted view in the entire world, and we somehow don't capitalize on that. Heck, the most recent venture to take the "risk" of opening by the waterfront (Lutze) opened with a crappy (and overpriced!) beer selection, and still manages to get packed on sunny days. A well executed food hall concept should be able to do just as well.

Posted on: 2019/3/20 15:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Hopefully if they're successful during the work day they'll expand their hours. Whenever I've gone to Harborside on the weekend (to Piggyback or whatever) it has been on the verge of "dead." I suppose it's a chicken & egg scenario. Do you open restaurants where nobody is (if you build it will they come?) or do you wait until you at least know you'll have customers.

Agreed: it is very much a "chicken/egg" situation. But, there is NO DOUBT that the right concept will bring people to Harborside outside of work hours, as Lutze is usually quite packed on Summer weekends, this despite the mediocre beer selection. A food hall is both a trendy concept and a practical solution, as it allows a group of 2 or more people to be able to patronize it and (hopefully) everyone can find something to his/her liking.

In addition to Lutze, the new Hudson & Co has opened across from Taphaus, so more options should help increase foot traffic on weekends.

Posted on: 2019/3/20 15:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

I agree... it is unfortunate that they don?t seem interested in appleaing to the dinner crowd.

Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Posted on: 2019/3/20 4:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Posted on: 2019/3/19 21:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Hopefully if they're successful during the work day they'll expand their hours. Whenever I've gone to Harborside on the weekend (to Piggyback or whatever) it has been on the verge of "dead." I suppose it's a chicken & egg scenario. Do you open restaurants where nobody is (if you build it will they come?) or do you wait until you at least know you'll have customers.

Posted on: 2019/3/19 20:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
There isn't much new here except for tables and chairs. Most of the vendors have been here already. The food trucks outside and on Grand Street are much more interesting.

Ani Ramen, Left Bank Burger Coming to Harborside?s District Kitchen
Harborside's revamped food hall includes 13 new and local food vendors.
https://www.jerseycityupfront.com/ani- ... orsides-district-kitchen/

Posted on: 2019/3/19 19:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Fortunately, no business needs or expects everyone to go there. Since the list of restaurants includes the likes of Left Bank burger and Ani Ramen - fairly priced restaurants that are already successful in the area - I think they will be ok. It's not expensive food at all, but if you want a $2 burger at McD's, yes you'll have to go elsewhere.

I normally balk at spending over $8-10 for lunch, and judging by scenes like the trucks at Greeley Sq this won't be in that range. Thankfully, for now, there's still plenty of places in JC away from the waterfront that are.

I was extremely disappointed in the new smokehouse on Tonnelle where 555 market was, and told them so. For the $8 they charged for a meager pile of pulled pork on a hamburger bun, I could get twice as much pernil with a pile rice and beans at dozens of JC establishments.

Posted on: 2019/3/19 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2019/3/19 13:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The Turkish pastries sound intriguing

Posted on: 2019/3/19 12:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

Nice, but looks too rich for my habits.

Posted on: 2019/3/19 11:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Nice, but looks too rich for my habits.