Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
44 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 2
Guests: 42

third_street_hats, JCMan8, more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users






Re: Something wrong with paying for new developments we can't afford | Morgan
#10
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/10/18 21:18
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1485
Offline
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:

Just because it's about money and classism doesn't mean it's about race.


As a general rule, I'd agree. In Jersey City, because of the cancer that is machine politics and who inherently populates that machine, money/classism/race are synonymous.

Posted on: 1/6 10:40
Print Top


Re: Something wrong with paying for new developments we can't afford | Morgan
#9
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/6 16:13
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4745
Offline
Quote:

DanL wrote:
except that it is and it is sad that jersey city is at the root of it.
Quote:

Just because it's about money and classism doesn't mean it's about race.


You know, I disagree. The deliberate conflating of class conflict with racial conflict has served the interest of the moneyed class by getting poor whites to vote against their own self interest. We just witnessed possibly the greatest example in American History. It just happens that the poorer demographic of JC tends to not be white.

Posted on: 1/5 22:48
Print Top


Re: Something wrong with paying for new developments we can't afford | Morgan
#8
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/2/6 18:13
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1128
Offline
except that it is and it is sad that jersey city is at the root of it.


Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

DanL wrote:

where is Earl Morgan wrong?

while the Croson study and our property tax inequity could be dismissed as inherited institutional racism, there is racial disparity in Jersey City and the city rather than stepping up to fix it only drags its feet and stalls at continued great expense.



Just because it's about money and classism doesn't mean it's about race.

Posted on: 1/5 21:02
Print Top


Re: Something wrong with paying for new developments we can't afford | Morgan
#7
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/11/30 7:46
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1774
Offline
Quote:

DanL wrote:

where is Earl Morgan wrong?

while the Croson study and our property tax inequity could be dismissed as inherited institutional racism, there is racial disparity in Jersey City and the city rather than stepping up to fix it only drags its feet and stalls at continued great expense.



Just because it's about money and classism doesn't mean it's about race.

Posted on: 1/3 21:11
Print Top


Re: Something wrong with paying for new developments we can't afford | Morgan
#6
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/2/6 18:13
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1128
Offline

where is Earl Morgan wrong?

while the Croson study and our property tax inequity could be dismissed as inherited institutional racism, there is racial disparity in Jersey City and the city rather than stepping up to fix it only drags its feet and stalls at continued great expense.


Posted on: 1/3 20:49
Print Top


Re: Something wrong with paying for new developments we can't afford | Morgan
#5
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/16 22:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4016
Offline
A lot of low income people lost their homes after revaluation in 1988. Hamiltion Park had many black homeowners who suffered after the reval. They were property owners who worked in factories or hospitals for little money sacrificing for their families. Affordable housing does nothing for the home owner.

Posted on: 1/3 17:25
Print Top


Re: Something wrong with paying for new developments we can't afford | Morgan
#4
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/13 21:38
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3297
Offline
i think mr. morgan speaks to/for a lower income (mostly black) electorate that is clearly being hurt by gentrification but poorer people are being displaced by richer citizens in almost every major city around the world.

i'm not sure what the solution is. i think abatements should be curtailed that won't stop gentrification. i hear newark, paterson, camden are still cheap. east new york is getting pricey!

Posted on: 1/3 16:58
Print Top


Re: Something wrong with paying for new developments we can't afford | Morgan
#3
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/7/9 7:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2096
Offline
Morgan's entire world is about race.

Posted on: 1/3 14:36
Print Top


Re: Something wrong with paying for new developments we can't afford | Morgan
#2
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2015/4/14 23:56
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 663
Offline
Good Lord What A Racist Mutherfker !


These Jim Crow policies have excluded them from sharing in the benefits of these new developments -- and they are being segregated from the bounty their tax dollars helped produce.



Posted on: 1/3 12:38
Print Top


Something wrong with paying for new developments we can't afford | Morgan
#1
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/2/20 13:20
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2186
Offline

Something wrong with paying for new developments we can't afford | Morgan


Posted on: 1/3 12:00
Print Top








[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017