Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
58 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 58

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Pronti Construction Issues
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AshleyG wrote:
Pronti construction...the worst builder!!! Buyer beware....sure they look good but construction is done cutting corners everywhere. Painting over mold issues only to have them reappear long after they are gone. Plumbing issues. Illegal rubber flanges on main water lines. The list goes on. His connections run very deep in JC alotting him red carpet treatment to expedite his cheap workmanship riddled with nightmare problems. WHY AREN'T FULOP AND THE REST OF JC GOVERMENT PAYING CLOSER ATTENTION TO THIS GUY???

You need a reality check - Take the builder to Court or report them to Consumer Affairs / Fair Trading or the industry watchdog ... It's stupid to blame Fulop as he doesn't micro-manage every facet of law and order and every private contractual interaction with businesses, especially considering this is a civil issue for YOU to follow up and act on.

By the way, did you get building approvals if they were required ?

Posted on: 2016/10/11 6:17
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/11 5:08
From Jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Pronti construction...the worst builder!!! Buyer beware....sure they look good but construction is done cutting corners everywhere. Painting over mold issues only to have them reappear long after they are gone. Plumbing issues. Illegal rubber flanges on main water lines. The list goes on. His connections run very deep in JC alotting him red carpet treatment to expedite his cheap workmanship riddled with nightmare problems. WHY AREN'T FULOP AND THE REST OF JC GOVERMENT PAYING CLOSER ATTENTION TO THIS GUY???

Posted on: 2016/10/11 5:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
every forced air home I've spent time in has been freezing on the bottom level,

If this happens, even after balancing the diffusers, is a sign that the ducts leak a lot.

Posted on: 2016/10/2 17:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I have no problem believing the contractor is skanky, but every forced air home I've spent time in has been freezing on the bottom level, as opposed to hydronic or steam heat. It might be worth the extra cost to pull and reset the lower kitchen cabs and counter after having radiant installed. Your ceilings being high makes it even more of a no brainer. My kitchen & downstairs bath have joist bay radiant I installed

Posted on: 2016/10/1 21:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sweets wrote:
Not a loft but we do have high ceilings on the first floor (where the vents are located) and an open stairwell to the 2nd floor which is where all the heat immediately goes to.

How about a door at top or bottom...

Posted on: 2016/10/1 21:44

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/8 14:46
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah - we looked into this already. Don't think that we have flow issues. Just shitty construction issues. Thanks though!Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Some of those vents upstairs are air returns -- so test air flow -- this is funny -- but something like this might solve your issue. Good luck.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-t ... booster-fan-on-the-cheap/

Posted on: 2016/10/1 20:28

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Not a loft but we do have high ceilings on the first floor (where the vents are located) and an open stairwell to the 2nd floor which is where all the heat immediately goes to.

Posted on: 2016/10/1 20:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/25 7:33
Group:
Registered Users
Is your condo a loft? If so, the issue may just come with the territory. As I understand it, lofts are very difficult to heat.

Posted on: 2016/10/1 20:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Some of those vents upstairs are air returns -- so test air flow -- this is funny -- but something like this might solve your issue. Good luck.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-t ... booster-fan-on-the-cheap/

Posted on: 2016/10/1 20:04

Pronti Construction Issues
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
We bought a new construction condo in the Heights last year that was built by Pronti Construction. Not only were they absolutely awful to deal with, but they did a pretty crappy job on a few things and lied to us a lot. Most issues we fixed ourselves, but there is 1 major one that is creating a lot of issues right now.

We have two floors with the first being ground level. Our first floor is so cold during the winter that we need to have space heaters on (when we don't people actually have to wear puff coats while inside) which is just frustrating since this is brand new construction. Here are the shoddy design issues that we are facing:

1. One heating system controls both floors and is located on the 2nd floor

2. Ground floor is tile built on a concrete slab (no basement) so the floor is freezing. (we do have an area rug in our living room area).

3. All vents on the 1st floor are located on the ceiling and the heats just goes straight upstairs

During the winter, we close all the vents upstairs to try to push more heat downstairs, but still need to have space heaters on downstairs while we crack windows open upstairs since it is so hot.

We have now lived here for more than 1 year so the new construction warranty is over. We have had contractors come over to look at installing radiant heat in the floors but not only is it crazy expensive but we are unable to do it since it will raise the floor 1 inch and our kitchen appliances and counter cannot accommodate that. And I hate the idea of spending a lot of money when we just bought a house that shouldn't be causing us issues because it is new!

Summary. I hate Pronti so much and needed to publicly vent in case any one else is dealing with them (and if you are looking in the Heights there is a good chance that you are). One would think that a company who builds things would actually know how to build things.

Also, I also would appreciate any ideas of how to fix if you have them!

Posted on: 2016/10/1 19:48

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017