Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
57 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 57

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Christie Falling (and you don't want to be below when he does)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
wtf. now nyt reporting that cruz failed to report a 2nd loan.

Posted on: 2016/1/15 23:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
ted cruz. lol. he claims to be so pro-constitution, especially on guns, yet he wants to ignore the clause about american presidents needing to be born in the US. canada is not a state of the us; it is a separate country.

You just violated a basic principle of human interaction...

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

We all thought you are an idiot and slightly off, but now we know for sure.

complement appreciated.

Posted on: 2016/1/15 14:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
ted cruz. lol. he claims to be so pro-constitution, especially on guns, yet he wants to ignore the clause about american presidents needing to be born in the US. canada is not a state of the us; it is a separate country.

You just violated a basic principle of human interaction...

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

We all thought you are an idiot and slightly off, but now we know for sure.

Posted on: 2016/1/15 12:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/1/15 2:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Roads in the Deep South are not subject to severe winters and frost heaving, as well as road salt. The comparison is stupid.

Posted on: 2016/1/9 18:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Somehow not a mention of the incredibly high cost of repairs-just think how many road projects could be funded if we didn't pay 8X the national average, and 4X more than the closest state, because of the Democrats policy on prevailing wage.

I think we need to see an actual breakdown of costs, by state, before we pin the blame solely on wages. I did some research - this report seems pretty thorough, but I don't fully understand how they reach their effectiveness metric http://reason.org/news/show/21st-annual-highway-report

There are way too many variables, wages are just one of them. Do we know how many deep south Republican states still use inmate work gangs to do road repairs? Or how many states rely on 'adopt a highway' programs for basic clean up? Who can provide links to real data?

Posted on: 2016/1/9 16:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
was cruz born in canada?

Yes. He renounced his Canadian citizenship last year.

The whole thing about whether or not he is a natural born citizen is only interesting to people who have a hidden agenda. As far as I know, the applicable statute is Title 8 of the U.S. Code, Section 1401. It clearly defines what constitute nationals and citizens at birth.

He renounced his Canadian citizenship to appease the crazies (aka Republicans). The statute was created as an attempt to clarify the whole "nationalized citizen" debate, but the reality is that Cruz is fine and despite the fact that we'd all be fucked if he won, the only people really debating this are Republicans because, as noted previously, they are crazy.

Posted on: 2016/1/8 18:31
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
was cruz born in canada?

Yes. He renounced his Canadian citizenship last year.

The whole thing about whether or not he is a natural born citizen is only interesting to people who have a hidden agenda. As far as I know, the applicable statute is Title 8 of the U.S. Code, Section 1401. It clearly defines what constitute nationals and citizens at birth.

Posted on: 2016/1/8 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
what is going on the with the GOPpers...even rubio is starting to sound more like trump and was cruz born in canada?

Posted on: 2016/1/8 13:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Christie Campaign Costs Topping $1 Million May Fall To N.J. Taxpayers

Security costs incurred by state troopers who accompanied Gov. Chris Christie out of New Jersey for 261 days last year could be more than $1 million, according to NPR member station WNYC's analysis, but the governor's spokesman and the state police are not detailing the total nor who is picking up the tab.

Christie is afforded around-the-clock protection regardless of where he is or the nature of his travels. But security for trips out of state cost significantly more than the governor's in-state business. Those trips include expenses for hotel rooms, gas, cell phones, $70-per-trooper daily payments for meals and wear-and-tear for at least two state-owned SUVs (Christie uses New Jersey state vehicles in New Hampshire and rents cars in Iowa).

Christie travels with an extensive detail of as many as four state troopers from the New Jersey State Police Executive Protection Unit and at least one officer assigned to him by the state he's visiting. When the governor flies to New Hampshire, the first-in-the-nation primary state where he is centering his presidential campaign, one trooper typically accompanies him on the plane while others go to the state a day in advance to scout travel routes and the locations of nearby hospitals

More
christe's campaign should be covering these costs.

Posted on: 2016/1/7 19:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Christie Campaign Costs Topping $1 Million May Fall To N.J. Taxpayers

Security costs incurred by state troopers who accompanied Gov. Chris Christie out of New Jersey for 261 days last year could be more than $1 million, according to NPR member station WNYC's analysis, but the governor's spokesman and the state police are not detailing the total nor who is picking up the tab.

Christie is afforded around-the-clock protection regardless of where he is or the nature of his travels. But security for trips out of state cost significantly more than the governor's in-state business. Those trips include expenses for hotel rooms, gas, cell phones, $70-per-trooper daily payments for meals and wear-and-tear for at least two state-owned SUVs (Christie uses New Jersey state vehicles in New Hampshire and rents cars in Iowa).

Christie travels with an extensive detail of as many as four state troopers from the New Jersey State Police Executive Protection Unit and at least one officer assigned to him by the state he's visiting. When the governor flies to New Hampshire, the first-in-the-nation primary state where he is centering his presidential campaign, one trooper typically accompanies him on the plane while others go to the state a day in advance to scout travel routes and the locations of nearby hospitals

More

Posted on: 2016/1/7 18:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Yup. In the meantime a sitting Democratic Senator from NJ is indicted, and Booker is on the fence of the same thing over the Newark Watershed thievery. But a traffic jam, that's news!

So you have no problem with high positioned state employees abusing their power and taking spiteful action??

I guess you made absolutely no complaints and had no concerns when there were rumblings about the IRS targeting conservative groups. You clearly are ok with spiteful actions by government employees.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
And Pebble, we were looking at 6-8% annual real estate tax rises, and it's been below 2% for years.

Hooray??

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pension reform (still not there), tenure reform, ?

Christie has locked in and decreased the spending power of people making less than those with similar education in other fields.

Let?s get this straight, Christie has ?fixed? tenure reform by making jobs less stable for people that don?t really make a lot of money.
Christie followed this up by making sure that when these people making less money retire, the pension money that they were promised and collectively bargained for will not be there. This means our retired teachers have less spending money to pay the taxes that are needed to repair the roads. This means our retired state workers cannot purchase items from their local stores to continue the stimulation of the economy.

Yes, that whopping grand achievement was gained by... decreasing the amount of taxes that a billion dollar company (Prudential) can pay less money in taxes this year than I do.

LEADERSHIP!!!!!

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
...common sense drug reform-all done with a hostile Legislature.

Good. What?s the grand achievement of this?

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I guess you'd rather hand over the cookie jar to the likes of Babs Buono, lol?

You seem to believe that Christie is a positive alternative. I thought Buono sucked when she ran. Go back and read my posts (and I?m not sure why you don?t remember this). However, at this moment, we see the damage that Christie has done and it is highly possible, even probable, that Buono would have at least acted in the best interests of the residents of this state.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Or maybe when the sitting Governor was sleeping with the head of the largest union in Trenton??

Find where I wrote a positive word about Corzine.

Let?s run down the list again. These are facts:
1. New York has put in place a plan to keep residents and to help send residents to local NY State schools. New Jersey?s response is to say, ?Obama will help!?

2. New York is putting money in their mass transit system and increasing their mass transit quality. New Jersey is increasing mass transit fares while decreasing mass transit operation times.

3. New York has massive corporations inside the state paying taxes. New Jersey says that if you open a new location, the corporation doesn?t have to pay taxes. However, if a resident of the state decides to move, they don?t receive the same benefit. (Seriously, Goya moved about a half mile down the road and will receive tax breaks. If I move a half mile down the road, I will not.)

4. New Jersey taxpayers were footed with the bill for Christie?s phony lawyer briefing absolving him of the GWB closure scandal. Regardless of his involvement, that briefing was crap and didn?t help a damn thing.

5. New Jersey taxpayers are now going to foot more of the bill for cleaning up the mess Exxon created because Christie spent more NJ taxpayer money to hire new lawyers in order to negotiate a lower settlement agreement.

Do the math on all of this. That pension ?problem? would have been solved if we received the proper amount of money from Exxon. That pension ?problem? could be addressed by asking corporations to pay their fair share.

Stop apologizing for a guy that continually acts in a manner contrary to the benefits of its residents. It is the equivalent of calling the sun the moon.

Posted on: 2016/1/7 17:42
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Skelos and Silver-and Cuomo is rumored to be the next to be indicted by the US Attorney for corruption . . .

Remember when the looney liberals were absolutely confident Christie would be indicted over Bridgegate?

Imagine if instead it's only our Democratic neighbor to the north who gets indicted.

Yup. In the meantime a sitting Democratic Senator from NJ is indicted, and Booker is on the fence of the same thing over the Newark Watershed thievery. But a traffic jam, that's news!

And Pebble, we were looking at 6-8% annual real estate tax rises, and it's been below 2% for years. Pension reform (still not there), tenure reform, common sense drug reform-all done with a hostile Legislature. I guess you'd rather hand over the cookie jar to the likes of Babs Buono, lol? Or maybe when the sitting Governor was sleeping with the head of the largest union in Trenton??

Posted on: 2016/1/7 16:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Skelos and Silver-and Cuomo is rumored to be the next to be indicted by the US Attorney for corruption . . .

Remember when the looney liberals were absolutely confident Christie would be indicted over Bridgegate?

Imagine if instead it's only our Democratic neighbor to the north who gets indicted.

Posted on: 2016/1/7 15:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Good.

That doesn't change the fact that he's actively taken steps that benefit his constituents.

Christie, on the other hand, hires new lawyers (something that cost the state additional money) to negotiate a vastly lower deal with Exxon after they turned the state into the nation's joke.

Christie has been governor for 6 years. In that time, we've watched the state's infrastructure crumble. We've seen mass transit wither in service. We've seen corporations get handouts (Amazon builds a location in NJ and receives a 2 year tax vacation while instantly charging NJ residents sales tax on purchases). We've seen fees increase because that allows our governor to claim that he's not raising taxes. We saw sales taxes capped on yachts (because those that can afford to buy a yacht for hundreds of thousands don't want to pay their fair share).

This isn't leadership. This isn't even good governance. This is, quite literally, the very act of screwing over the actual residents in the state.

Posted on: 2016/1/7 15:31
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/1/7 15:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Don't forget that Cuomo and de Blasio benefit from immense tax revenues from Wall Street, and the income tax they get from NJ residents who work there.

I think you know my stance on Cuomo... However, it isn't that they get money from NJ residents alone. It also has to do with the fact that they don't have big government handouts for corporations, such as what Christie did.

On top of that, Cuomo does things that benefit his residents and drives them to stay there. For instance, New York state produced a loan forgiveness program. What has our governor done to keep residents in New Jersey? (If you're curious, our wonderful governor basically tells its residents to look to the federal government on our state website.)

Giving Goya a massive tax break from shifting its building from one side of the border to the other of Secaucus and Jersey City (seriously, it's almost the same damn road they are on) and then saying that they don't pay taxes doesn't drive residents to stay because the loss in revenue from those corporations will eventually be picked up by you and I.

Cuomo is using Port Authority money to improve the transit hubs in NYC. Christie is using that same money to fix New Jersey roads in order to claim he's not driving up costs.

In short order, Cuomo, as big a piece of shit as he his, runs circles around Christie when it comes to taking care of his state and his states' residents.

Posted on: 2016/1/7 14:04
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Governor Christie is up to 2nd place in New Hampshire.

Real Clear Politics has Christie in 3rd in NH with Cruz right behind him. If Cruz wins Iowa and Christie does as poorly in Iowa as expected Cruz will shoot right past him in NH.

I dislike all the Republicans but I despise Christie. I hope all manner of misfortunes befall him.

I guess you oppose any moderate Republican, and are looking towards making NJ even more highly taxed. I disagree, but wishing personal harm upon someone who you disagree personally is sad. I'm not an Obama fan, but I certainly don't wish ill will on he or his family.

only in this bonkers political climate could Christie be called "moderate."

Posted on: 2016/1/7 4:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Don't forget that Cuomo and de Blasio benefit from immense tax revenues from Wall Street, and the income tax they get from NJ residents who work there.

Posted on: 2016/1/7 1:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
cuomo is planning to spend big on nyc mass transit....he's def a friend of mass transit

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/07/nyr ... news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Posted on: 2016/1/7 1:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Sorry, Pebble, I don't think we should be paying $75/hour plus benefits to guys painting stripes on the NJ Turnpike.

Who is making $75/hour?! That's beyond laughable! Their average salary is $55,000 per year which translates to $26/hour. Like I said, you're anger is over people making a decent living in a state that is expensive to live in.

I can honestly state that I simply don't understand getting mad about someone that is required to work out-doors in inclement whether (such as today) as well as dangerous conditions (high speed highways) and getting ticked off that their paycheck is $55k per year.

Every single governor faced the same issue of paying a decent living wage. This is the only governor making excuses that these people make too much and you're buying into it.

Prudential, Goya, and the pharmaceutical break-off that I can't recall the name of at the moment, will end up paying less in taxes this year than you or I will. Instead of wondering why our governor has decided to reduce the taxes of every company that moves office locations which will intern cause *you* (and I) to pay more as an individual, you're annoyed about people making, what I believe to be, less than you are.

That's the leadership our governor has delivered. Prudential turned in over $1.09 billion in profits and had their taxes cut, but our state's biggest problem is that we pay workers that occasionally die on the job $26/hour... unreal.

Posted on: 2016/1/6 17:13
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry, Pebble, I don't think we should be paying $75/hour plus benefits to guys painting stripes on the NJ Turnpike.

Posted on: 2016/1/6 16:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Somehow not a mention of the incredibly high cost of repairs-just think how many road projects could be funded if we didn't pay 8X the national average, and 4X more than the closest state, because of the Democrats policy on prevailing wage.

At some point, you should stop apologizing for poor governance and bad leadership.

Every governor has dealt with the same costs of repairs. Our prior terrible governors did so in their own way. This governor fails to lead and take charge. Instead, he takes money away from one area to feed another, doesn't increase revenue (instead giving more money away, ie the massive decrease in tax payments by Prudential, Goya, etc) and allows necessities to crumble.

I'm sorry that you abhor labor workers making a decent wage. We live in the only state that classifies every county as a city due to the population density. That alone drives up costs of living as well as costs of repairs.

Christie knew the costs of repairs when taking office. Instead of addressing the problem of financial short falls, he instead relies on people like you apologizing for him while making excuses.

That's not remotely close to what anyone would describe as "leadership."

Posted on: 2016/1/6 16:50
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/1/6 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
interesting article on state of nj transit...christie certainly hasn't been a friend of mass transit...he's more of a fiend to mass transit.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/art ... -after-capital-fund-raids

Posted on: 2016/1/6 13:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I guess you oppose any moderate Republican, and are looking towards making NJ even more highly taxed. I disagree, but wishing personal harm upon someone who you disagree personally is sad. I'm not an Obama fan, but I certainly don't wish ill will on he or his family.

There are no more "moderate" Republicans. All that remains are craven people who pander to the Party's lunatic fringe. And I wish him ill because he attempted to ruin the career of a dear friend of mine for political gain. A pox on Christie.

Posted on: 2015/12/13 3:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Real Clear Politics has Christie in 3rd in NH with Cruz right behind him. If Cruz wins Iowa and Christie does as poorly in Iowa as expected Cruz will shoot right past him in NH.

I dislike all the Republicans but I despise Christie. I hope all manner of misfortunes befall him.

Posted on: 2015/12/13 3:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2015/12/12 20:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

I used to be enamored with the idea of a female US president. But honestly, at this point, I don't see much of a difference between Hillary, Fiorina or any other candidate in that they are beholden to powerful interests. Brewster is right in his characterization of voting: it often involves holding up your nose while picking the lesser of two (or, three) evils. Among all the current candidates, gender is just a trait, and nothing else.

What I'm reading in the meme wars is that Hillary isn't just another mainstream, wall street compromised, technocratic politician (like most), she's Satan, a Monster, a War Criminal. Far as I can tell if you paint everyone as an extremist, the real "on the record" extremists gain camouflage. On another site someone claimed she has as much blood on her hands as Cheney. Seriously. This is the insanity out there that is feeding the Trump phenomenon.

Sadly, this is (apparently) the new normal. I don't know it all came to be, but we are SO polarized that an opponent is no longer just someone who has different opinions and takes, but rather a monster that, if elected, will bring ruin to our country and way of life. It's all absurd. I truly, truly believe in our government and the checks and balances of our system. I don't think anybody can truly (and single handedly!) destroy our country. But, people buy into the nonsense. :/

I assume you are also speaking about the many bleeding heart liberals who feel this way about Trump.

Posted on: 2015/12/12 19:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

I used to be enamored with the idea of a female US president. But honestly, at this point, I don't see much of a difference between Hillary, Fiorina or any other candidate in that they are beholden to powerful interests. Brewster is right in his characterization of voting: it often involves holding up your nose while picking the lesser of two (or, three) evils. Among all the current candidates, gender is just a trait, and nothing else.

What I'm reading in the meme wars is that Hillary isn't just another mainstream, wall street compromised, technocratic politician (like most), she's Satan, a Monster, a War Criminal. Far as I can tell if you paint everyone as an extremist, the real "on the record" extremists gain camouflage. On another site someone claimed she has as much blood on her hands as Cheney. Seriously. This is the insanity out there that is feeding the Trump phenomenon.

Sadly, this is (apparently) the new normal. I don't know it all came to be, but we are SO polarized that an opponent is no longer just someone who has different opinions and takes, but rather a monster that, if elected, will bring ruin to our country and way of life. It's all absurd. I truly, truly believe in our government and the checks and balances of our system. I don't think anybody can truly (and single handedly!) destroy our country. But, people buy into the nonsense. :/

Posted on: 2015/12/12 5:48

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017