Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (39 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...

Browsing this Thread:   3 Anonymous Users

Re: "UDrive. UText. UPay."
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/24 20:34
Group:
Registered Users
I hope they manage a true all out blitz and make a fortune off of this. I'd like to see the fine even higher to deter texting and talking on cells while driving.

I stopped riding and sold a motorcycle due to a few too many close calls from idiots on phones.

Posted on: 2014/4/2 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
How is the enforced? If the police cannot enforce laws regarding red lights and stop signs, what use is this?

For initiatives like this, generally the state provides the funds to local PD's to do this-which means that overtime (later to show up in pension $) is used to cover the added surveillance and processing.

Posted on: 2014/4/2 12:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
How is the enforced? If the police cannot enforce laws regarding red lights and stop signs, what use is this?

Posted on: 2014/4/2 12:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
great ideas about the fines. people should turn the phones off while driving

Posted on: 2014/4/2 12:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
I'd love to see a way for NJ to deputize, say, unemployed veterans for the purpose of writing tickets for these infractions-then making sure that the net revenue is used to pay down our pension obligations/state debt.

Posted on: 2014/4/2 12:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
7/5 23:54
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Resized Image

I've lost count how many knuckle-heads have put me on my bike in danger - The common problem I see is when cell users forget to use the turn signals when driving - They have one hand on the cell and the other on the steering wheel and often aren't able or bothered to indicate when turning.

My sentiments exactly FAB it is horrendous that this erratic behavior is leaving a deadly wake behind. Perhaps we can swear ourselves into the municipal court and summons these so-called drivers for a hearing. Let's call it intentional attempted murder then the drivers will admit..."no no no your honor it wasn't murder I just was not paying attention.

Posted on: 2014/4/2 11:00
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

I've lost count how many knuckle-heads have put me on my bike in danger - The common problem I see is when cell users forget to use the turn signals when driving - They have one hand on the cell and the other on the steering wheel and often aren't able or bothered to indicate when turning.

Posted on: 2014/4/2 6:25
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

"UDrive. UText. UPay."
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Today marked the beginning of a national three-week initiative targeting texting and other dangerous distracted driver behaviors.

The New Jersey Division of Highway Traffic Safety provided funding to various police departments throughout the state that are expected to participate in the campaign -- "UDrive. UText. UPay." -- which will run until April 21.

"Distracted driving is becoming a very serious issue," said the Union City Chief of Police Richard Molinari, whose department received $5,000 to help carry out the initiative. "People aren't just texting and talking on their phones, they are also doing a number of other things that distract them and endangers their life, their passengers' lives and everyone else on the roadway."

The campaign is modeled after similar high visibility law enforcement initiatives such as "Click It or Ticket" and "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over."

Currently, New Jersey motorists caught using their cell phones face a $100 fine plus court costs and fees. However, on July 1 those penalties will increase to as high as $200 to $400.

"The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates each year thousands of people are killed in distracted driving related crashes and nearly a half million people are injured," said Gary Poedubicky, Director of the New Jersey Division of Highway Traffic Safety.

A survey conducted in 2013 by the Fairleigh Dickinson University's PublicMind Poll for the Division of Highway Traffic Safety found that 72 percent of respondents said they "very often" see people driving and talking on handheld cell phones and 40 percent see drivers texting.

The campaign is being carried out during the month of April, which is National Distracted Driving Month.
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... drivers.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/4/2 3:39

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017