Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: corporate takeover of jc youtube video
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/11 5:14
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ambar35 wrote:
Fulop and Healy are two wings of the same bird and the election has nothing to do with changing the power structure running Jersey City. The real issue that should be discussed is the corporate takeover of public education where there are tremendous profits to be made.

This sounds like the voice of apathy speaking. "Nobody is going to completely restructure the economy and society, therefore all choices are the same."

BS. The school board, post-Fulop, has made some real strides forward. And without a hint of the privatization red herring. The schools were subject to a corporate takeover years ago, only it was by a pair of a corrupt and poorly-managed corporations called the HCDeadO and ISB (Indifferent State Bureaucracy).

If you think there are bigger changes to be made, do something about it. Claiming that Fulop and Healy are equivalent choices is ridiculous. It's also disempowering to you and others if you can't suggest even the hint of an alternative.

Posted on: 2013/2/24 13:49

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/9 8:04
Group:
Registered Users
Fulop and Healy are two wings of the same bird and the election has nothing to do with changing the power structure running Jersey City. The real issue that should be discussed is the corporate takeover of public education where there are tremendous profits to be made.

Posted on: 2013/2/24 7:09

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/8 22:31
Group:
Registered Users
I think it is unfair to keep attacking Mayor Healys treatment of outsiders. Healy and his pals treated Dweck with a lot of respect ...even breaking bread with him.

He should didn't treat Beldini well.. and I think she's born n bread JC!

Posted on: 2013/2/23 0:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
This makes the 9/11 conspiracy folks look sane in comparison. You've got it all in there, Bill - Russian television reportage! the jilted lady! the Illumanti lady! All that and "good sound" - whatever that has to do with anything.

Posted on: 2013/2/22 19:05

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/8 23:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
I have lived in DTJC for 25 years

Only 25 years? Interloper!

Posted on: 2013/2/22 18:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

crazyforjc wrote:
What a great video. It is well prepared, besides sound, and seems to have a lot of evidence that looks bad. Is this who you want as mayor?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1sRhq84EA

Short answer? YES!! Fulop for Mayor. I like how people who are cronies for our "Good Time Charlie" mayor healy only spring into action when their jobs are at stake. They are all bag-men for a corrupt d-bag. I have lived in DTJC for 25 years and I have seen Mayor McDrunky only where there is beer or bad Karaoke about. I want that ambitious, well-educated and sober Fulop running this city. Not the bloated drunk and easily bought ghost we have hiding in Bradley Beach.

Posted on: 2013/2/22 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
the corporate takeover of JC has already happened! through abatements to millionaire and billionaire property development corporations. Jersey City residents have been sold out. Our taxes rise so that the Healy's developer friends can get tax breaks to develop downtown while ignoring the rest of the city. Healy & Company are once again trying to put one over on the residents of Jersey City... telling us to look in a different direction while they continue to steal the furniture out of the room.

Posted on: 2013/2/22 17:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Prior members of Healy's Team have been convicted and are serving JAIL sentences for backroom dealing. JC isn't stupid - we know who the master of back-room dealing is, and who is capable of dreaming up this sour-grapes smear campaign.

And knocking Wall Street backgrounds while fielding their own Wall Street candidate, AND accepting the endorsement of someone who has made BILLIONS from Wall Street (Bloomberg), show Healy is also a master of the double-standard. Classical watch what Healy does, not what Healy says through his tax-payer funded mouthpieces.

Posted on: 2013/2/22 17:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
the clipping is obvious. my kids could do a better job.

Beyond that, the amount of misinformation and falsehoods is saddening.

Posted on: 2013/2/22 17:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/23 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Actually i got this on a Google alert awhile back and maybe watched it about 3/4 through before I gave up. The statements are damning, but all the back up video to support the statements make Fulop look really good and don't support the statement at all.

I'm already going to vote for Fulop so I don't need to watch a super long video that seems to show a really strong leader doing everything right. I did like seeing some of the other strong speakers in the video though like Josephine. Very cool to put an image and voice to the name.

I just think it is sad that the people who made this video were out to prove a connection that the video clearly shows does not exist. Having a real dialogue with all of these people in one room would be a much better way of getting to the bottom of this and by dialogue I don't mean getting screamed at and drowned out by the conspiracy theorists that don't want anyone with a different opinion to speak.

Posted on: 2013/2/22 17:28
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/14 23:51
From The West Side!
Group:
Registered Users
I usually don't have too much trouble speaking my mind, and nobody's told me not to comment on this or any other matter.

I got involved with Steve precisely because I want better government in Jersey City, and that means scrutiny.

But in my opinion the Hudson Hawk videos use amateurish propaganda techniques to make insinuations, precisely because they are lacking any evidence of wrongdoing.

I prefer to focus my efforts on conspiracies for which the evidence is well established - and more significant. There is a conspiracy which keeps poor children under-educated. There is a conspiracy which dis-invests in poor neighborhoods - until it's time for money to move in and displace those who were living there. There's a conspiracy which tolerates and enables crime and violence in some neighborhoods.

To Hudson Hawk, I urge you to take on a conspiracy with some teeth in it.

I've chosen to work with Steve Fulop because he is the best hope on our horizon for having an impact on these problems. These are problems that he is taking on. And in a progressive and pragmatic way.

Look through all the freaking emails you want. The Board will eventually release everything they should have released promptly. (Except for the Charles Epps stuff which I personally would be happy to see, but you'll have to ask Dr. Epps for that.) And I bet you will find there's nothing there except Steve Fulop advocating for real, meaningful change in the schools.

In the meantime, the real outrages in this City will go unaddressed because we're wasting time on phony issues.

Posted on: 2013/2/22 17:13

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/8 23:41
Group:
Registered Users
The magic of video editing and only showing fragments of bigger statements show nothing here. This would be laughable if it wasn't so stupid.

Posted on: 2013/2/22 16:11

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/6 21:59
Group:
Banned
I am surne the fulop chronies were instructed to not comment on the video, but as a voter who is voting for fulop, does it make you think?

Posted on: 2013/2/22 14:19

corporate takeover of jc youtube video
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/6 21:59
Group:
Banned
What a great video. It is well prepared, besides sound, and seems to have a lot of evidence that looks bad. Is this who you want as mayor?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1sRhq84EA

Posted on: 2013/2/22 13:44

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017